Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

OK, put me down for one cool white.

So why not enable the memory and allow the modders or hackers to disable it if they do not want it. Better to include a feature that can be disabled by those that can than to leave out and neglect those that cannot.

Bottom line, IMO, the purpose is to avoid having to mod the unit otherwise we would all be looking at a stock X6

BLightSam;

Opinionated aren’t you, and you know what they say about opinions. You do not have to point the light at yourself to have night vision very badly affected by a light that turns on in maximum output mode. Just reflection off of anything aimed at can do it. As an amateur astronomer I know that from experience. Even the full moon affects night vision adaptation.

JohnnyMac’s “wait” I interpreted as “I prefer to give you measured output rather than BS”

4 mode, no memory, always start on lowest. <10 lumens on moonlight, 50 ish on low 150-200 ish on med and 100% with stepdown to 70ish%. All i want, and its pretty much what it seems the original intent was.

Update for me:

296 Adoby np

297 Adoby np

Please change this to:

296 Adoby nw

297 Adoby cw

(Post #779)

Seems to be a very nice flashlight.

<worried>But will there be any pre-drilled holes for trits in the cooling fins?</worried>

There is no need to re-argue the mode specification. A compromise was decided.

Spec Modes? - Turbo/100, High-stepdown/71.4, Med./25, Low/5, Moon/1%, starting in Moon, no memory.

According to DBCstm’s amp readings - 3.13A, 2.25A, 1.57A, 0.08A, 0.02A

We got - 100, 71.9, 50.1, 2.5, 0.6%

It seems that we got almost what we asked for, except that Medium was doubled from 25% to 50% and Low was halved from 5% to 2.5%.

Krono should look at what he specified and look for reasonable adjustments/corrections to mode values, based on test results. There were two months of mode discussions and the consensus was that there was no consensus and that Krono could decide. Krono & JohnnyMac have done an outstanding job for us. Let’s wait for the testers to decide. No need for whiners to make new demands. Now we need follow-through not start-over.

Thank you Krono, JohnnyMac, DBCstm, unknown00101, and Neal. Keep up the good work.

Supposing that applies to me. But does that not apply to you?

I asked “Where did you pull the 400 number?” when you said this:

[Quote=DBCstm] So if you’re wanting wow and have it come on in wow then your’e going to have to convice some 400 other people to want the same thing.
[/quote]

My question was:

What’s the tally on the different requests submitted?
What is the final UI? I said this:

I said this:

Is the above allowed under the SB and the forum rules?

To each his own.

please add 1 more NW for me. Thanks.

Hi,
I am interested in NW one.
Please put me in the list

I want to get a cool white, but being poor, I need to know price. The list is already above 500, so will there be more available now?

Also, it occurs to me that anyone who is just criticizing all the work, effort and time people have put in to make this happen, should just step out.

I’m in one CW.

Thank You

Then we may need to revisit this requirement:

3.15A is just over what a 105C puts out with 380ma 7135’s. I have a lot of single 18650 lights that put out 3A all day in this size range with no thermal issues.

No matter, I will be mod’ing mine anyway. I’ll consider it a nice host.

I didn’t realize the whole mode and memory matter was already hashed out over a couple of months period. Seeing the blinkies go was no surprise, but overall, I think we cut ourselves short.

Sorry for crappy question but…how many lumens with all this mods?
Thanx and congratulations for that hard work!

Thanks everyone for the work and this special deal.

Manx, the stock light was in the 700 lumen out the front range, this one is at or over 1000 lumens out the front at start with a quality cell (same cell tested for both quoted numbers)

After reading all the posts, I am getting more excited.
Please put me down for Two (2) more. Bringing me to 3 total.
Additional lights 1 CW & 1 NW.

My original is Post 119.

Thank you so much for the hard work all of the members have put in this far to obtaining and reviewing the samples. They sure look great. Fine business so far guys.

Thanx Dale, I’ve just read your thread :bigsmile:
This flashlight it’s a small bomb! Want one!:smiley:

Nothing should have been hashed out. Unless decisions have been done in quiet.

I’ll take Neutral white tint
I’m #84

Thanks!

I think if we fix the spacing in a similar fashion to my original proposal, which aligns with what Dale and JM think, it’ll be good enough to pretty much call it a day.

BUT, with that said, IF THERE IS an option for EEs to simply write in a provision for memory on/off OR switch mode order (H>L, L>H). Then we should look at pursuing that. I think a 20-30 click cycle to turn memory on/off for example could double the satisfied members/customers.

And please, everyone keep the arguing to PMs if its necessary. I hate for anyone’s patience and good will to be negatively effected this late in the game. A lot of work has been put in thus far, and we ALL should be thankful.