Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

The NCR18650B is a great cell, geared more toward high capacity. I need to add more information to my thread though. I have tried lower resistance cells including PF’s and this odd LG cell.

The LG cell shows the highest reading around 3.12A and 3.24A after lead upgrades in the flashlights. Afaik none of the samples are showing 3.5A without modification, even with 20R’s.

3A is acceptable to me, but I’d love to see that 3.5A proposed specification.

I am referring to night vision sensitivity needed to see the faintest astronomical objects through a telescope. There is a reason why amateur astronomers use DIM red light as it has the least effect on eye sensitivity when the eye is fully dark adapted. Under those conditions a bright light is an eye sensitivity killer. Many amateurs even use narrow band filters to try and reduce sky glow caused by nature and cities up to 100 miles or more away, to try and push the limits of what can be seen. Called “faint fuzzy nothings” :slight_smile: Walk onto a field of amateur astronomers with a bright white flashlight and turn it on and you may be killed, or at least highly verbally abused.

I was writing from personal experience, NOT OPINIONS, and as far as I can tell from what you write you have never tried the effect of a bright light on eye full night adaptation. I have seen nights when just Venus provided enough light to see by for fully night adapted eyes but a white flashlight turned on, and never aimed at me, killed the seeing sensitivity for the next 15+ minutes. THIS IS FACT, NOT OPINIONS.

Maybe it is simply foolish to even bring a 1000 lumen flashlight to such an event.

Just sayin’

we decide to use this box, so will it ok, does anything need to improvement?

Pls tell me

Looks OK to me. Thanks

Do NOT try to ship it with a battery as shown. Too many problems with air shipment by post for batteries these days and surface shipment is way too slow.

Agreed on the NO-BATTERY! I only use high quality Japanese cells and that one would get tossed in the trash, upsetting even more ECO-types.

Maybe a proven true CV/CC single cell USB charger would be nice :slight_smile:

Not looking for a display box, but want it to arrive undamaged as cheaply as possible with a good post carrier. Battery was never on the included list and should not be included.

yes, the hole is just for puting the battery.shipping will no include it

That looks good to me. Nicer packaging than the thin cardboard and bubble wrap sleeve lights usually arrive in. But as above please don’t include the battery I will never use it and chances are it will cause headaches with shipping.

To justify the Moon / Low as the first mode — and that High should not be the first mode — two members pointed out Max output / High is detrimental to vision. Why don’t you propose to ban Max output / High / Turbo from flashlights?

Please. Just stop.

Now that we know the direct thermal mcpcb will be from these guys…
maybe they will make a great deal to advertise the BLF SE X6…

What do you think, Bang Good? I have holsters that will fit this light but I think I like this one in the offer… or as an extra cost option?

The box looks good Neal, and totally unexpected. I had assumed the usual thin white box. I assume there is a foam top layer too?

I’m very late to the party but one thing i’m wondering (sorry if it has been discussed already) but does the 3C actually come in U2 bin (in XM-L i never remember seeing neutral white in U2 bin, only T6 bin)

From the measurements in the pics I think the X6 would slide down to the bottom of that holster making it a bit of a hassle to draw.

You are right, Bort. Actually a Neutral white is either T4 or T5 according to the Cree specification

http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/XLampXML.pdf

…page 3

Also the holster would have to have BLF special on it and not Maxtoch.

This is the picture with what looks like a C8. With the open bottom, pushing up on the battery holder would extract the light easily. I’d consider ordering this separately when the offer comes out.

But I think it is a great opportunity for Maxtoch :wink:

It wouldn’t =have= too :beer: