Group buy Brinyte B58U Cree XP-L HI V3 led GREAT PRICE !

I am in for one!

I`m in for one.

Edit: post (that referred to well-respected members of this forum approving of this light) removed

Furthermore, I will remove my other posts from this thread and will quietly bow out. I typically find BLF to be a very friendly atmosphere, not quite sure what happened here.

I`m in for one.

Instructed with last Brinyte group buy by me, when I allow that the story goes in wrong direction and that multiple members be very confused and does not know what they are buying, and begin to ordering light that suits them with a required number of modes and without lugs etc, I can’t remember does you started that confusion or some other member only know that I hardly succeed to put things in the right direction again because many member was confused and there was chaos so I don’t need all of that second time.

Atmosphere is friendly I just ask you that don’t put complete reviews of this light with other led and drivers inside, also don’t speculate what is inside because we have official response and thare are members that will become confused again, and ask, so what I get now a blue light in it right ? etc

If you can find a review of the light that we are trying group buy you are highly welcome to post here !

No, don't think the OP is correct. Check it out here on their site: http://www.brinyte.com/product/1411551130.html - It's a XM-L2 U4, not XML U4

This host appear to be identical to the Odepro "advertised" in a thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/35581, but the B58U has some upgrades, like the LED.

I might be interested, but really don't care for deep reflector lights - the length is way overdone and doesn't add to the throw. The only thing a deep reflector gives you is a narrower flood area and increase in overall length of the light. I have a few deep C8's and in some other lights, and never saw any boost in throw as a result of the depth.

For $20, it still seems like a decent deal for a true square thread light, looks like a quality finish, and clearly Brinyte hit one out of the park with the B158.

For the many times till now, they are same company but with different brands, so it should be all the same, but who can guarantee if for example Brinyte use one kind of drivers and Odepro other, host of the lights should be exactly the same only with different labels.

But we will stick to this Brinyte because group buy is for it not for Odepro.

I agree with you that deep reflector will not increase throw, but we have 48.5 mm head instead 45 mm on standard C8 hosts, and we have deep reflector that will narrow the beam + HI V3, and all of that will result = more throw.

So to put you on the list or not ?

Also if someone have beamshots of some C8 and Brinyte B58U please add here or send to me that I can insert in first post.

No - don't add me to the list. Could change my mind if we get more info.

The head diameter matters, but only for what it means for the Inner Diameter of the reflector - that's the key spec. I've seen wide variations in I.D. for the same head diameter, so would be good to know what the I.D measurement is.

As requested reflector depth of this light :

I am a newbie, but the head diameter indeed matters, so also the depth.
with that deep reflector it should out throw all stock C8 past & present!!
Please +1 more for me.

Depth don't matter - I've proven it myself after several disappointing results with deep reflector lights. All it does is reduce the flood width. Funny, because the center spot will appear to be brighter, more concentrated on a white wall but measured on the meter or in real use outdoors, there's no gain.

I know of no evidence that proves otherwise - we've talked bout this, and backed up with tests a few times over the years. For example, the classic HD2010 is a proven thrower, and has a very shallow reflector.

No offence you are the man and proven it but I do have the several classic HD2010 and they are a class in their own, within budget with great throw and useful spill +great thermal conductivity.
I once owned a cheapo light from DX with crappy built, dirty plastic lens 40mm widhtx55mm depth lens and it out throws the HD2010s and all my C8s modded/stock, of course the spill was useless.
So IMHO with the depth & width (reflector) of the Brinyte B58U it should be a no brainer.
Correct me if I am wrong been a newbie.

Well, that could be true, but depends on the LED's you are comparing, amps, etc. I got a Crelant 7G9 deep reflector - nothing that good for throw, I got 3 to 4 deep reflector C8's - no good, and the TrustFire 168A which is a very deep reflector light, here on DX: http://www.dx.com/p/trustfire-168a-t6-xm-l-t6, which was also a big disappointment for throw, though again, it looks great on a white wall. I'm think'n the deep reflector lights focus the beam at a closer distance than shallower reflectors, and that's why they appear to have a brighter hot spot than shallow reflector lights.

If you really compared your 40 mm head light beam at 100+ meters against those other lights, focused on a small object, and it truly appeared brighter, than you got a very special light in deed. But by eye, it can be very deceiving. I just read in the TN42 thread that someone commented the beam of a 400 kcd light looked brighter than a 700 kcd light, and I could almost agree, but we were looking at a really big object, a building wall or something, and the lower performing light lit up the entire wall, but the TN42 lit up just a spot - it's very hard to differentiate the brightness of only the hot center spot - that's why I say you have to compare them on a small object. The light meters, of course, tell you really what's goin on.

The deep reflector lights will have more light concentrated in it's spill area then a shallow reflector, so the surrounding area of the hot spot will be brighter. It can all be very deceptive, but if you try to go out to the max range of several 100 meters, trying to light up something light (white) colored and small, you should see the difference.

I’m interested.

If I could ask for don’t post links to other light, comparing etc because no one own this lights and I don’t want to engage in speculation.
If someone owns it, he is welcome to post anything because all we want to to hear first-hand information about it, and no one want speculation because we don’t know it is correct or not. So this is groupbuy manu info is there so simply you want this light or not, thanks !

yea, sure. There's no speculation in published specs, just say'n.

I`m in for one

Sorry for incorrect information, but I get that info from factory, and now when marketing team inquire a little better in a part for the production the correct information is that light use Nanjg 105c driver, sorry but it was not my mistake I do not get the correct information from seller.

I’m interested. Put me down please.

I’m interested.