GROUP BUY CANCELED AGAIN. Blackshadow Terminator T70

I see that, but wallbuys seems to still be selling it and you only have to order 2 to get the price down to $100. Is it safe ordering from them since they supposedly had their supply cut off? Is there any other place that sells this for around $100? I can’t seem to find it.

I don't think jmpaul320 will ever recommend BlackShadow to anyone anymore, anytime, anywhere... He's a little p'ed at them and I don't blame him Smile. He probably doesn't care at this point.

I don't know myself, so you may be on your own in taking the chance. WB may still have a small qty in inventory if they currently show it available. The qty 2 $100 is probably only in one order, one shipping location. The way WB (and BLF) does/did group buys is units can be ordered in qty 1 per shipping address. For a BLF member to receive a large # of units, then individually ship them out is expensive, PIA, and risky.

You got it.

I did a ton of leg work to try and set this up twice, including well over 200 private messages and several dozen emails. I don’t mind working hard for other members to score a good deal.

But black shadow is retarded and won’t be getting any of my business anymore. They repeatedly contacted me… telling me to cease and desist and remove my thread…. saying that I was violating MAP.

Black shadow can go to hell if they don’t like my thread.

All worked out in the end though. The light is under performing even in its “revised” offering and the UI is absolutely TERRIBLE.

Terminated…

Per an email from Illumination Supply they will not be getting any in until the manufacturers technical difficulties are resolved. I may consider getting it once that happens as I like my older pre T70 version Terminator which I got for an excellent price from Illumination Supply when they had a sale on the last ones in stock. As far as MAP is concerned there is no such thing in the USA. Makers can list a minimum publicly advertised price limit per retailer contracts but dealers get around that via things such as discount codes or not showing the actual selling price until the item is in your shopping cart. Then it is not an advertised price!!

I have never been able to see the point in manufacturers trying to control the retail price of their goods as they are selling wholesale and once they have their money why should they care about the retailer’s profit margins?

$50 - That's my MPP. Maximum Purchase Price.

The UI is just too difficult to overlook for a premium light. If I want to be blinded by a light at night, well, I'm already covered by the couple of $27 SRK's I got a while back.

At least the Terminator comes on at minimum rather than maximum like the stock SRK and M6 do, though the minimum is way too high. I now have both a SRK and two M6 lights with the Mountain Electronics UI modification which includes much more reasonable low outputs and choice of turn-on at minimum or maximum light output mode, NICE! Total of SEVEN light intensities and Richard’s full modified M6 puts out about 4700 Lumens per one member’s measurements so I can certainly live without a Terminator.

hasta la vista baby

I have the securitying (srk) with the similar 7 mode mod… great stuff :slight_smile:

not that price is EVERYTHING… the t70 is a much nicer host and has the option of a handle etc…

but imho the price they are asking for the terminator is a bit much… even at the GB price

How the heck can customers violate MAP? We're not contractually bound to that terrible company BlackShadow.

Who the heck do they think they are trying to tell anyone they can't discuss anything. That terrible company BlackShadow has been living in a totalitarian wonderland too long.

How many times would the phrase 'that terrible company BlackShadow' have to appear before it starts showing up in Google searches?

Only that terrible company BlackShadow knows.

customers have nothing to do with map

they got so annoyed about the group buy that they started shooting from the hip before having any facts… eventually they figured out that I am not a vendor/retailer and they took the matter up with wallbuys

Regardless of whether MAP holds any water, they can still refuse to sell to someone. It’s a means of helping their other customers/retailers get better margins, and also a way to make their brand be perceived as more of a premium brand rather than budget. Also a good way to make customers angry, but it doesn’t seem like they care much about that.

With the tripod mount hole on the M6 it should be relatively easy for me to come up with a handle design for it when I decide to seeing as how I am a hobbyist machinist.

BTW the latest enhancement to the Mountain Electronics 7 level light user interface for SRK and M6 lights includes light turn-off from any output level and memory so it powers up in the mode it was in at last turn-off.

cool! yeah mine is the “next mode” sort of ui - its not bad because moonlight and turbo are directly accessable (short press or long press) but its a little cumbersome to cycle through levels if you want mode 3 or 4

What do you think about this new Solarstorm?

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S023383

Same button, ¿same driver? The price is good.

Looks interesting but I prefer a four 18650 battery arrangement in a high power light from the standpoint of run time.

From the photos it is like most of the properly made short fat lights in that the positive off and switch lockout is achieved by twisting the battery compartment enough to break contact with the driver board at the rear of the head assembly. This works fine with good anodizing but not at all if the anodizing is poor or damaged as with one SRK clone noted over on CPF by the owner. He states that it was received incapable of being locked out.

Started a thread about the T3 and T4 here. They are SRK sized if not smaller, so I would not compare them with the Terminator.

Thanks for all the effort put into making the Terminator GB jmpaul320. I think you did a great job. Sometimes things just don't work out.

Keep in mind that BS comes from a certain region in the world where 'free speech' is most certainly not a right.

Needless to say, they have absolutely no jurisdiction outside of wherever they hold the patents.

There are international treaties regarding patents and copyrights but historically Chinese manufacturers have ignored them. They are notorious for their counterfeit crap. In this case though they are actually dealing with a Chinese seller so may have the law on their side. Certainly they can refuse to sell to the retailer. MAP only applies to China as there are no pricing agreements internationally. In the USA there may be MSRP advertising agreements included in contracts between manufacturers and retailers but there are legal work arounds for those.

Any demand that they make to you as someone outside of China can be ignored. IN fact if they contacted me I would be very impolite in telling them where to go and where they could stick it. :smiley: