GROUP BUY CANCELED AGAIN. Blackshadow Terminator T70

Mine went back into my banks last week

Last time they refunded hundreds of dollars PayPal froze their account. Probably the same thing here.

Considering that I got my Terminator (pre T70 version) from Illumination Supply right here in the USA for $85, the $150 single unit price from China for the new version seems very high. The $85 was listed as a May special by IS but I presume that it was also a clearance on the old model. I have let them know that I am interested in the T70 if/when they get a batch in. Rather buy from a USA dealer, particularly if no advantage in price by buying direct from a China seller. Would IS negotiate a group buy?

Awaiting another gb!

until black shadow can demonstrate in a review (perhaps by JM) that the new model puts out the advertised lumens (or at least more than the regular terminator) - I wont even be interested in organizing another GB

The BST is a bit hard to measure properly since it doesn’t have a round head. I’m going to have to make a custom stencil for it before I can get anywhere near an accurate measurement from a light box or integrating sphere. Otherwise too much light leaks out and artificially lowers the value.

Even with that issue though, and even with the mods I did on mine to trade lumens for better color and a smoother beam, mine still gets a higher reading than my Skyray King. That might change after the SRK mods I have planned though. :slight_smile:

If you order 2 Terminator T70 to Wallbuys the price drops to $100 per unit, and if you use the coupon code LEDWALLBUYS14, the unit cost 90 dollars.

Knowing this, it does not seem all that complicated to do another group buy.

And we think a thing, a serial SRK gives about 1600 lumens, not 2000 as we could think, and the Terminator T70 gives at least about 2600 lumens, so the difference has to be noticed for sure.

I have really wanted to make the group buy again.

Depends on the SRK. I’m still calibrating my light box, but the original pre-clone SRK I have measured at 2100 lumens last night and I’m pretty sure my estimate is low, not high. The general consensus at the time was that the originals did about 2200 OTF, and the first upgraded authentic models got about 2500 instead.

Sorry to disagree, but I trust more in 1600 lm measured by UPZ of Forolinternas.

My xml t6 3c king does 2100 otf with a UCL installed
my 6x xml 2king does around 2700ish with a ucl

There are a lot of SRK clones, and they perform very very differently.

When SRKs were new, quality was relatively consistent and many different people reported about 2200 lumens. Then it started to get cloned, and the first clones were only 2000 (but the upgraded original was about 2500 due to better emitters). Since then, clones have gotten worse and worse (but some have been surprisingly good). It sounds like UPz either got a bad one or has his integrating sphere calibrated to the least-generous lumen scale available (100 Zebralight lumens != 100 EagleTac lumens, for example).

When the ZL S6330 came out, many people were disappointed because its highest mode measured lower than their SRK, which would not have been true if they had a 1600 lumen SRK.

When I measured 2100 lumens I wasn’t using full batteries, and every measurement I took above 200 lumens or so appears to be lower than it should be (XinTD C8 V4 measured at only 900 lumens, for example), so I think the actual value will be higher once I find a better calibration function. This shows how: Lightbox Design – Selfbuilt's Flashlight Reviews.ca

Modded SRKs can easily outperform a stock Blackshadow Terminator. It’s common to get 3500 to 4000 lumens (sustained) from a pimped out SRK, or as much as 5500 lumens at start (but it drops like a rock due to heat). See 18sixfifty’s recent thread about the 6x SRK he’s selling, or RMM’s limited run for sale. The very similar Supfire M6 can sustain about 4800 lumens after some mods, and it’s possible to buy one configured this way for less money than even the cheapest BST.

I’m guessing my original 3-LED SRK mod (wide-spectrum with BLF SRK driver) will probably do about 3000 lumens after I get the parts and put it together. This was actually what motivated me to finally build a measuring device… I wanted to measure how much difference the mod would make.

(edit: 5500lm OTF from a SRK at start, not 6500… I remembered the wrong number)

Where can you get an M6 that sustains 4800 lumens?

rmm from mtnelectronics.com makes them

he also sells 5000 lumen kings :slight_smile:

Chinese 5000 lumens?

no, real otf lumens… i have one - it draws 20 amps plus on high drain batteries

Hmmm…and I’ve got 4 spare PF’s wanting a home….

i havent heard anything from wallbuys about an updated model - i guess blackshadow is still revising and testing their stock of t70s

in tests i did with 2 Kungs and several 3 emitter Kings, and a 6-emitter King, both the Kungs were better flooders with bigger hotspots, and one Kung even was a better thrower too.

here is one test comparo photo, notice the spill size and brightness of the original 4-emitter Kung (the best ones are the fitst DRK Kung grey Kung from Brotherhuang1983 on Ebay)
here it even has a wider and better flood-spill than the 6-emitter King.

wallbuys emailed me and wants to restart the group buy - the price will be slightly higher than before, but they will include 4x 18650s

they have tested the new terminator at 3200 lumens

I really dont see the point of buying the new model as the old one clearly outperforms it by 300 lumens.

thoughts?

I thought the old model was rated at 3500 lumens but put out about 3200. I still want either an old or new Terminator so if it’s equal to the old model I want it.