Group Buy CLOSED: MAXToch SN6X-2X

PayPal sent, now the waiting game begins!!! :slight_smile:

They’re quick to respond to krono’s request, aren’t they? :wink:

Was out playing tonight with my 2X. It’s modded to 230k lux and it really is a very good thrower.

Away from city light interference in the country it lights up items at 500+ yards, and I’d imagine there’d be alot of light at that distance if you were standing down range. What’s also good is that XML spill - even with light dedomed it still sweeps wide areas very well making it a very useful beam. Medium beam good too - measured 93.6k lux at 6 meters and has no trouble reaching out good distance.

Quite a big torch at 10” at least for hunting, but its certainly a grunter even at 230k. No idea if it can be tweaked to 300-400 - but if its structurally possible 300+ will be alot of fun…

230k gives me 73 mins runtime with panasonic 3100s on full noise.

Should give some good fun for the dollar…

GB end date info added to OP…get your orders in!

All SN6X-2X orders had been sent out (except today’s order). If you don’t receive the tracking No, you can let me know here. I’ll check for you.

Very nice to have a MAXToch representative here!

21 sold so far…GB ends in 3 days.

my tracking number updated a few days ago - scanned in singapore

No problem with the shipper they used with mine. Vinh has already received mine, China to the USA in 7 days.

Mine shipped the 28th, still in Singapore as of today, updated status posted today -- yikes...

The shipping way was supposed to be China post. But an important conference in China is approaching. The post office becomes very sensitive with metallic parcels with electric wires…

So we chose Swiss post to get earlier delivery. And the shipping cost goes up too… That’s why you may see the parcel starting from Singapore or Swiss.

Hope all orders go smoothly. 0:)

22 MAXToch SN6X-2X flashlights sold. Thanks everyone for your orders. Only 2 days left in this Group Buy!

If these 4 work out good, could be go for another 10 or so.

Im thinking they will :slight_smile:

Chris

Amanda i have not received a tracking number yet. PM sent.

thank you

Kevin

Just a few minutes left…

Group Buy is now closed…thanks for participating!

Thought we would do better in qty. Mine is on the slow boat, seems like. I got FT orders coming in quick like the old days, but other orders are coming in slow as well. I'll post my measured lumens and throw in it's stock form once it gets here.

I thought there would be more BLF support as well, but MAXToch is somewhat new here. I completely understand the apprehension, considering how some other BLF GB’s went south.

I also think the DX21 lumens issue probably damped some folk’s enthusiasm. No worries though…lessons learned. MAXToch is testing the DX21 2000 lumen dive version with real-world divers at the moment. They will make changes according to their feedback…so when that comes out, we should have a better idea of actual working specs. I respect that a company will wait to release a product when they think it is ready. I’m not saying they will never make mistakes. But at this point, I think they are going about it the right way. I have given them some ideas as well and they have been very receptive…so if you have ideas on any of their lights, MAXToch is VERY open to listening.

Some other thoughts on MAXToch…If customer service turns out to be as easy as when I dealt with them on the Group Buys, then I think they will attract more followers. Amanda (BLF member: MTAmanda) has been a very good person to deal with. I have contacted 10+ manufacturers/distributors in my quest for BLF Group Buys, and she has been head and shoulders above the rest. I hope she can visit here regularly so there is a reduced chance of miscommunication on future MAXToch deals.

I have also learned a great deal through this process, and it’s also a lot of fun putting these together! Through this process, I am developing an excel spreadsheet/questionnaire that can be sent out to prospective vendors that show interest in working with me on Group Buys. It is nothing anybody else couldn’t come up with…it just deals with most of the questions/logistics of working with a vendor to set up a Group Buy.

Anyhow, I really appreciate everyone’s help in making this GB happen. Hopefully there will be more to come!

Cheers,
krono

krono - Great Job on this! This light is sort of a classic style of 2 18650 in series, but with a 65mm reflector, which puts it very close to the K40 I'm thinking. The important spec. is the reflector's interior measurement and depth -- not too deep. I think a 2x26650 configuration would be better and probably made it more popular here, but they are marketing it as a hunter's light, though it's pretty big for that.

I think SN6X-2X’s reflector is much deeper than the one in K40, it’s more like TN31’s style.