Group Buy CLOSED: MAXToch SN6X-2X

I have a new plan for ordering lights

Just keep ordering a few a week, then for some reason they just keep arriving so steadily it never seems like your waiting more than a week, even if your using slowtech!

Damn I wish these would arrive haha!

Chris

Maxtoch.cn seems to be more up to date than the old maxtoch.com site was.

Some nice lookin lights on there! Very much improved, and quickly too!

This one looks pretty interesting:

http://maxtoch.cn/product/1342698014-214835824/Maxtoch_SN6X_23_18650_7_Cree_XML_U2_Led_High_Bright_Flashlight.html

That’s a lot of U2s! Would certainly light up the neighbourhood and if driven harder could have huge light output at say 6-7000 lumen.

Possibilities? What might performance look like if driven to 6-7000 lumen and dedomed?

Wonder what price is?

The problem with that one mike, will be that to drive it to a reasonable level, even dedomed, will fry your hands and runtime will be poor.

I bet it will be driven around 1amp per emitter, and the reflector appears small. I bet a c8 will out throw it, but of course the lumens are what the real selling point. Good for walking through bush etc, but not good at range.

If you want a good cheap thrower, try the BTU shocker dedomed. Mine has about 500,000 cd and absolutely dwarfs my 160,000 cd sn6.

Chris

Finally got some movement in tracking - it's in NY sort...

thats a relief… mine hasnt moved since november 1st… zzzzz

Had a play with the 2s last night, dedomed but stock otherwise. Its a good torch, its like 2mm smaller than the 2x so I dont understand exactly the point of offering both, but man I cant wait to get my 4 here.

Mine have not moved in AGGGEEESSSS either

Chris

Got mine today,trow better than skyray stl-v2.

On a similar but separate note,

Has anyone used the panasonic PF’s inline with success?

The Samsung 20r’s didnt work last night because they are flat top, but the panasonic PD’s did.

I’m hoping the PF’s have enough of a top on them?

Need to make a big order to justify the shipping cost now. Fasttech seems like they are on the ball now

Chris

I use the solder blob method on the top of the 20R's - works for the SS T08 and other similar types.

Oh right true.

Tried the PFs without solder blob?

i should have just dropped shipped my light to you tom lol.

this thing has mod me written all over it and i lack the skills :slight_smile:

Sorry, no. I got a ton of PD's still, and the PF's look to be rated at higher resistance - not too excited bout them. I know I got a couple of PD's with the solder blob too, so must have had troubles with flat contacts - not sure if it was from being in series or flat contact board.

Is the small magnet a bad idea? I use one for the pair of 20R’s in a couple of lights. Figured to do the same for the SN6X-2X

Well, small magnets on the + end, or between cells is a bit risky. Not sure if solder is any better, but the typical Chinese magnets aren't too good for conductance when you want to keep resistance to a min.

Would 2 ncr18650b’s be able to put out 5 or so amps in series safely?

Fast tech don’t have pd’s anymore :frowning:

Chris

I’ll have to check to see if there is sufficient clearance to add a shrink wrap tubing wrapper. If so, I can make a small copper pill to go on top of the cell and lock it in place with shrink wrap. That should work. :slight_smile:

I heard most parcels are in Singapore, waiting for transportation.

I double checked with our shipping center. Now there are many parcels piled in Singapore. Parcels quantity is booming as Christmas is approaching. The delivery is indeed much slower than before.

I will keep tracking these parcels. If anyone can’t track the parcel, let me know please. I can do it for you.

Thanks for your patience in advance. Thank you.

Thank you Amanda, very nice of you.