Group buy feeler, Kaidomain Nichia 219A 92 CRI 4500K bare emitter

No, they won't. I think they got a little too clever with their marketing on those dropins, if you read it carefully what it actually is is 'up to 1224 lumens', and is available with either XPG2s or Nichias.

…nooooooooo!!!..…

So far no additional info, plus why from KD?

Why not try the supplier? Alibaba.
Shenzhen Lanhaite Electronics Limited Co.

Same exact boards listed as KD resells.

Or for a group buy, why not jump all over to Nichia? Or where does IS gets them?
Although if the order is not big enough then the only option is to go through resell anyway.

Anybody tested these Chinese sold Nichias 219 B11? Test and compare to IS 219 B10s?

Also notice the 219B has different lens, is wider than 219A.

Not the lowest voltage bin. So it’s 3.0-3.2V for that one.
And is also CRI 70, and is something like 3B tint.

Who knows what voltage bin they’ve got from their supplier for the NVSL219B.
Output from datasheet seems to be what 25-30lm more, 5-6%?
If the voltage rank is not the best or the bin is not the highest D220 as they try to sell on KD as B220 an BLF database lists as D200, then it is basically equal to the older NVSL219A of equal bin B10 (low voltage bin) ~ D200 (crappy voltage bin).

Nice to see Nichia pushing it further but nothing really impressive there, just an evolution that might bring the Vf lower.

…speaking of which…why don’t we just ask calviniS from IS what would it take to get hands on those B11 nichias at all…cos’ it seems to me that it is very hard to get them in the first place let alone cheap group buy…EDIT: as a matter of fact, this nichia 219 B11 high cri is something like YETI…-everybody is looking for it but nobody has ever actually seen it… :bigsmile:

I tested the output of these (but I can not check the tint/CRI unfortunately):

Post is here :-)

It's pretty likely I.S. will have the 219Bs back at some point in the future, whenever they're available in quantity. I managed to get 3 but haven't used them yet...

edit: If this is like the 3rd time I've said that same thing in this thread, just ignore it. lol

For people outside the US, Illumination Supply is a bit less attractive than for Americans (although their shipping rates to Europe are more than reasonable, I just placed an order today). Apart from being a bit more expensive than the chinese companies, packages from the US are picked out every now and then by dutch customs (costs me 12 euro's, whatever the value of the contents of the package), that never happens to packages from China.

I asked again about 219B but their supplier can’t stock it. So the group buy is for 219A (probably just as well, given Djozz’ findings of the 219B). Alysonhe did not seem to understand voltage rank.