Group Buy for the Supbeam K50 V2 - all gone

I’ll grab some marshmallows! :wink:

PinkPanda, the metal window frame that the window is taped or glued to lifted off clean, window and all. Looks awesome and has a better defined hot spot, brighter seems to me like. I like it a lot in my TS2010.

Got a naked SST-50 doing 8.23A in my KT61 as of this evening. Working on getting it perfectly centered (or keeping it that way) before I can get numbers on it.

For anyone modding, consider Sugru. It’s an uncured Silicone that you can shape and place, takes a day to set up but then you’ve got a new centering base for your reflector that puts silicone between the contacts and your aluminum. Or you could put a nice grippy layer around the battery tube or any number of other uses. Comes in colors and you can mix your own color if you’re clever that way.

Can anyone do a test for me on their stock light?

Put in 4 (matched) Panasonic batteries at around 3,2-3,3V. Run the light on max output for a minute. Then check if the bottom of the battery carrier is hot.

Just curious how it is when its stock. I may have damaged mine due to modding. There is a lot of electronics in the back of the battery carrier.

This is kind of off topic, but given the conversation, how does a dedomed mtg2 compare vs an sst90?

I had an sst50 light a long while back, and it really didn't impress me much.

Difficult to de-dome an MT-G2 without pulling phosphor off the tiny dies.

Punch an 8mm hole in an old credit card to use as a cutting guide, that's just the right thickness to leave the minimum dome behind without getting into the phosphor layer.

^Really like that idea CC. I will try it next time I'm dedoming one.

Dedomed MT-G2 vs SST-90:

The character of the MT-G2 changes drastically with dedome. I like CC's idea. I usually just pick off the silicone while heating with a hot air gun. It stop when I think I will start pulling off phosphor. Always looks ugly when I do it, but it makes up for it in performance.

T90 with SST-90 at 9.5 amps got 71kcd for Bucket here.

Dedomed MT-G2 at 11.3 amps in same light got 198kcd for me here.

- Warms up tint and improved CRI nicely.

I think when we mod the amps way up, the driver will try to pull an incredibly high amt of amps from the cells when they are near depleted. Is this what you are suspecting as the cause?

If an "incredibly high amount of amps" is around 3A, then yes. Ill take the modding stuff in the modding thread.

Just want to see if anyone can test the stock light.

Can someone check on the stock light if the bottom of battery carrier becomes hot of you use some (panasonic) cells at around 3,3V on max brightness for a minute or two?

I just received my K50 everything is OK but…

Sent email to Bella.

ahhh how are yall getting your K50 so soon? Mine is still in China! :frowning:

I hope you will get it soon.

My Tracking.
24th Received by China Post
27th Sent to airline
29th Arrived Import Customs
30th Received

Thank you guys for the replies on the MTG2 vs SSR90, I have several mtg2 lights, both domed, and dedomed by Vinh, but haven't ever owned an SST90. Seems like the MTG2 is the clear winner, with both lumens and throw potential if dedomed. (Not to mention the great tint.)

The credit card method, or something similar (maybe thinner) is what I suspect Vinh does, as his dedomes on MTG2 lights have improved drastically from what they were when the MTG2's first came out. First one he did for me was good, but wavy, with the dome obviously cut. The newer lights I got from him, like the mm15, the phosphor is still covered, but the coverage is extremely thin, and incredibly even.

I have received today. I have the same problem

I got mine with mismatched tube too. Nice, but it makes a HD2010 feel like a keychain light.

A drop of LEDseal will bring back a smooth surface and make any defects/cut lines go away. It's the same stuff as the original dome is made of, just in an aerosol can. Spray a little into a cup, pick some up with the tip of your finger, and dab it onto the LED. It flows out nice and smooth. It starts curing FAST though, you have to be quick. Spraying the LED directly will give a layer much too thick.

Just so you guys understand why I was So Pissed and still am. Here's the reason:

The K5 was the last straw. I told bella that they needed to "check every light" before shipping and look for Defects. Not working, Low output, etc.

What I found out was that they KNEW about the mismatch and they KNEW they had 30 lights that were questionable, but they decided the ship anyhow! Hoping people would be meek enough to just accept what they got. Bella told me this Afterwards when I sent her a long nasty letter.

This is why I did my rant, (even though it was totally inappropriate and mean) and this is why I believe there is no way to continue with these folks, because it goes against what I believe in.

Mine arrived in LA about 5 days ago, but it has just sat there. Going to the Post Office today, to see what the hell. I have had a couple of packages HiJacked in Route. My first Smart TV got hijacked mid-way, in Oregon somewhere. I did get the company to send another. About 4 months ago, they busted a Postal delivery guy in my closest major city with a whole garage full of hijacked packages from High End Computers to Diamond Rings. I hear airport workers regularly rifle through baggage, and the TSA ends up with tons of cash, Rolexes, and fight over the goodies. Sorry OL, you are such a nice Guy, hope you don’t give up on us — Sorry, about Ace/Sup/ giving you the Beam out the Butt.

As part of this group buy (not received it yet), I surely want all goes smooth too. Supbeam/Acebeam making mistake if they think many will accept it as is for mismatch body. Imo, if they fulfill they promise to send replacement, then it is good. In fact still better than many other suppliers, they spend additional shipping fee not just cost of flashlight body. On the other side, those that get wrong body will get spare.

I can’t say for others, but for me, thanks you for arranging this K50 group buy and protecting us.

Agreed O-L

Mine is still in China too or over the Pacific I think. The last track said PVG, which means it made it to the Shanghai International Airport.