Group Buy for the Supbeam K50 V2 - all gone

I THink yoU aRe JUST not ODD enough to rAndomIZE. I hOweVER am VERY odd.Tongue Out

Well I think it symbolically shows how flat black and shiny black go together (how bout that for a segue!)

Anybody has measured the output luxes?
Tonight i have compared with my stock tk75 xml2 …and tk75 outhrows k50 easy…

Got my light today. Looks like the mismatched one Tom E documented with the same logo and shininess, but the part between the magnetic control ring and the battery tube is also darker and shinier. Other than that, the light looks great.

My serial number is K4F4142508. The mismatched one in Tom E's pictures says K4F4142484.

Are you sure, that shouldn’t be happening. With that huge reflector for one led it should out throw the tK75 but with a lot less flood.

Finally could Track Mine, says it will be delivered later today. Very Interesting GB. What if mine is two-tone, pink?

One question though, does anyone has K50 in earlier batch before this GB? Are the head, control ring and body same in colour?

^ The K50v2 should be almost double the kcd of a stock tk75. The tk75 will have a lot more light output though.

Flo, if that happens then you’ll have the Very First Breast Cancer Awareness K50 light out there! :slight_smile:

Lighting the way to the Cure for Cancer! :wink: Shine on!

I measured throw real quick and dirty this morning. I calculate 198kcd on stock K50 V2 at 10 feet, but the light may have actual been a tad further than 10 feet. Close enough to call 200kcd given the margin for error.

So, theoretically, a quick de-dome will get it up close to 400Kcd? I could live with that…

That is a question to definitely have answered. I just checked out my K40 very closely and I would say everything including the control ring is a match.

So, I finally got my GB K50. Be careful opening the box with a sharp object, because there is only one thin layer of bubble covering the case. So, I looked mine carefully over outside in cloud filtered sunlight. Man, I could not really see any hue variables of anything appreciable.

For the steal/deal I got, I will not complain. I have 100s of lights, but mostly cheapies, but this one, is definitely a high end torch. Waiting ’til dark to give it a go.

Thanks OL, cannot really see anything wrong with the appearance of mine — still have to play with it tonight, but certainly not disappointed with the aesthetics.

Boyd

Here are the S/N's of the mismatches so far:

S/N Owner

K4F4142484 ____ c/o Tom E

K4F4142489 Dempsey

K4F4142508 ImA4Wheelr

K4F4142541 RaceR86 (Slight Mismatch)

Here is a list of matching lights:

S/N Owner

K4F3132394 LivinLoud (Not part of GB purchase) - Has slightly flat & grey control ring

K4F4142485 Flomotion

K4J3186309 ___ c/o Tom E

I guess there may not be contiguous block of S/N's that are mismatches. Feel free copy, paste and add your info (build up this list) your lights arrive.

Ive had mine for a few months……everything matches up perfectly. Its a little bit glossy on the finish though. Believe its glossier than my K40 (which is VERY flat). I have a X40 on the way as well so I can compare all three of them if wanted.

EDIT: Just kidding……the head and tube match perfectly but the ring right under the control ring is slightly flat and grey in color. I’ve just noticed this due to the question being asked

Not sure if it matters but my SN is K4F3132394 and I’ve had it for a few months now

Edit 2: Just checked my K40, which I’ve had for about a year, and it has the same issue.its SUPER SUPER HARD to tell but I can see it now. Dang that drops Sunbeam down a notch in my list. I mean performance is killer but finish needs some work

That list is a good idea! I’ll report what condition my light is in when it arrives. :exmark:

Mine is a GB mismatch. S/N K4F4142497

Just my 2 cents worth here, but I think it would be very good if everyone that is trying to get a replacement here, would go ahead and post a photo here, just like Tom E did, so we can make sure it's all kept track of. If the photo is here, then it will help to verify and to make sure that Supbeam takes care of them. Without the photos, I cannot do much to help. If you do not have a way to upload, then you can always send the photo to me and I can upload it. There's plenty of free sites for that too. If you don't have a way to take a photo, your claim will probably be refused. That is just the way it works. A good clear photo like Tom E did, where it's plainly visible.

Thank you in advance.

Good idea and if you have to put it at just the right angle with just the right amount of light to see the difference it probably shouldn’t be replaced.

:quest: Now we are being asked to post pictures of our mismatched lights? I can plainly see my K50 is mismatched but I have a hard time when my word is questioned. Hmmm :~ now are we going to turn this in to a judging contest if they should replace it? I am somewhat of a perfectionist; With that said I for-see that some may say that another members light be acceptable and I and some other members might see the mismatch as a reject… We will be showing that we are willing to accept poor quality control and it’s OK to be taken advantage of since they new what they were doing…
I may be way off here but I would not have bought in had I known they were piecing together products. The K50 looks a bit “off” sitting next to the X40. But I will post a picture… Then to back it up I will get another member to look at it in person and it will be a well known “Flashaholic”. The member I show I feel confident he would know and it might change his mind about further purchases. I just happen to be friends with and live by Vinh, we have plans to get together tomorrow. Stay tuned…

Just my .02, my opinion and not directed at anyone nor with any disrespect.

LumenTodd :slight_smile: