Group buy for updated DRY 3*XML - Maximum price you'll consider

Hi all!

I've recently discovered budget lights, have two Cree cheapos from DX so far.

Been lurking for a while, but this I cannot resist.

My conditions: low (less or equal 100lm), med, high, turbo, don't care much for strobe but don't mind it either. Preferably no memory, but no dealbreaker there.

If DRY CW was <$60 and NW was <$70 I'd order one today. No doubts there.

Viktor

P.S.

Merry Xmas to those who celebrate, and a nice weekend to those who don't. ;)

Hi Folks,

Having read the review on the DRY, I'd love to have one. It might be a little redundant since I just ordered a Fenix TK45 with a DD coupon code but the DRY is very appealing - so I voted +1 at $65 (but might consider $70). As a former retailer, instinct tells me the seller could accommodate us at that price if he wanted to. It would be a win-win situation and he would pick up a lot of new customers as well.

Question 1: What are the trade-offs between the CW and NW?

Question 2: Where are most people buying 18650 batteries lately?

Question 3: What ever happened to the fellow who was selling lots of unprotected Panasonic batteries for a ridiculously low price?

Question 4: As a former MIT student, can someone explain why I should be so afraid of these batteries and their destructive power?

Question 5: If we don't do the deal for the DRY, what do people think is the best 3xXML light - preferably for 3x18650 (or a 2x18650 with an easily available and inexpensive extension tube)? (My SkyRay 3xT6 has a bad switch but even when it turns on, it's very dim regardless of which type of batteries I use).

P.S. Apologies for straying off topic a little.

Kumabear, greetings. I'm actually in NH. First of all the dry is really for a seasoned flashaholic as it does not have any thermal regulation. Second of all, 18650 batteries are the way to go. Use quality cells like AW. Also use a quality charger, and get yourself a volt meter.

$70 sounds more than fair to me for the latest spec version.

What is a DRY?

Are there any specs available as asked repeatedly above?

Is there a link to one shown on any site, anywhere?

a 3 * xml emitter, 3 * 18650 powered flashlight

yes and yes

try typing DRY in the search box at the top of the page

So is this not happening then?

Here you go: http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1177

Any news about this one?

I'd like to see it on the 60-65 range as those are the ones with more votes.

I'm also very interested. Have been doubting to buy a dry for a LONG time..

Does anyone know if the metal battery holder is now included? I can't seem to find it on the product page.

Im definitely in for $60 witch included shipping. Above $65 it is a maybe because i'm also very eager so see some results from the new TR-J15

I saw a dry somewhere priced rather well [ for the budget minded ] , was searching something else ...

Anyhow CNQ has it listed @ $60 for 10 units

So they can do 10 units for $60, but higher than that for our group buy?

Thats 60+ shipping I believe. still not half bad.... I joined up to take part in this thread. Great forum you guys have here!

Pm reply from Ric,

"Hello James,

I will arrange a group buy soon.

Thanks

Ric"

He hasn't been online lately so maybe he's been too busy putting these together

If he sold them to us individually for the same total price the 10+ order gets you then he'd be effectively selling the light for $56 if he went with unregistered mail (using the cost for USA shipment). Shipping comes to $5.56 per light through DHL for the 10+ order.

Realistically it's probably going to be closer to $70 than $60. I already told him he'd lose a lot of interest if he priced it over $70. I just wanted to get this light (or any quality budget 3*XM-L side-by-side) in the hands of more users. I'm not trying to save a few $$ for myself. It's not even worth the effort. I just want these kind of lights to get more popular and also do the forum a favor.

i was considering the elektrolumens big bruiser also but at a sale price of $149 and 26650s can cost up to $180 total. it does 9a and can be pocketed. the 10+ for 60 price is probably for 1 shipping address only. i know they were doing a free holster promo. id be happy with a free holster, the light and shipped for $70.

I voted for $65.00 also, but I'd bite on it for $70.00!

+1

It is not easy to coax that much power from the Elektrolumens or rather the 26650 to match the output of the DRY. Even then, probably just for the first few minutes or so only from the a very good cell. You will especially see the difference in a very cold country for the DRY (some of you lucky blokes here esp in the mountains), when you can better make use of the "overdriving headroom advantage" that is in the DRY. Vinhgyuen54 has both and the Elektrolumens is noticeably dimmer....maybe due to the reflector or something. Google his stuff in CPF....

Harbin in China is -26 now. (that place which hosts the International Ice sculpture and snow festival)

My first post here on BLF. Have been watching and waiting for updated Dry. 3 new high current drivers have just been listed on CNQ for Dry.

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1351

Lo>Mi>Hi> Turbo (direct Drive) ; Note: Please do not run over 20 sec constantly on Turbo mode! Or the driver or leds might get damaged.

0.1A>0.5A>2.25A>Turbo (Direct Drive 4A-5A) ; PWM--700Hz

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1350

Lo>mid>Hi>Strobe ; 0.1A>0.5A>2.5A>Strobe

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1349

Lo>Mi>Hi> Turbo (direct Drive) With Step down in Turbo mode ; Turbo mode will step down to Hi mode after 20 secs in order to keep the driver and emitters from burning at Hi current.

0.1A>0.5A>2.25A>Turbo (Direct Drive 4A-5A)