Group buy: Jaxman Z1 host [THREAD CLOSED BY ADMIN]

Dale,

SBT-70 in an aspheric light is absolutly great and worth every $ :wink:

Some questions on the Z1 may be answered in my review of the light (english version). I was the first one to get the light back in 2014.

http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/english-review-jax-z1-zoomable-1-2-26650-18650.36078/

It is still one of my favorite lights in my collection.

Regards

Kenjii

Exactly the point I’m trying to bring up about the centering ring. Thanks for your response Cula.

+1

+1

Dale… I’d like to know that CRI the inside of your gator will be glowing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Kenjii, just got done reading your review and learned a lot. Like how wide that cover plate is and that it screws in with the same threads the brass pill does, so that’s a keeper. :wink: :slight_smile:

Thank you as well for those super shots with the SBT-70 under the dome, that’s what I was looking for, PinkPanda was the only other one I was aware of that did it and he liked it a lot as well.

So, baby steps, I’ll build it on the stock platform and work up from there as needed. (I tend to want to jump in and go whole hog right out of the box, many times modding a light before ever turning it on. Oops!)

Exciting stuff! It’d be great if it came quickly, would love to take it to Mississippi with us and see how it fares shining across the Mighty Miss at Vicksburg! :slight_smile: But that’s only 11 days away, what are the odds?

Hi,

the plate doesn´t use the same thread. The pill is screwed into the body and there is a separate thread (a bit larger) above for the plate.

Don´t expect too much throw from that LED. My light uses a ~71mm lens and LD2 12A with three batteries in parallel and it only makes 212 Kcd. The Z1 lens is only about half of its size.

Regards

Kenjii

Aw he! Y’all will tell my wife what I’m doing just to get to see the dang gator! I see how ya are…
At the very least, 4 XP-G3 S5 3A’s in my DBC-02 will fire his gut up at 2600 lumens. If I happen to have one of a few other lights in hand when I go in the drink, he might actually smolder a bit. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe I should ensure I have my 3watt blue laser with me, so I can make his eyes find y’all eyeballing from the marsh… at least then y’all could maybe recover the lights in the end.
If I happen to have my TR-J20, BTU Super Shocker or even the diminutive Meteor I modded, I will be the one shouting WooooooEeeeeeeeeee! Dat’s sum dang gud gator meat rite der, mon ami! (go Cajun on ya, lol) :smiley:

Edit: Thanks again Kenjii, it was a little difficult to tell about that second thread for the cover plate in the pics. Still, very worthy of keeping that cover even at some costs. :wink:
The Z1 is supposed to have a 60mm optic, so it’s not all that much smaller than your 71mm. And it’s AR+AF coated. But yeah, I know, the throw won’t be spectacular and I won’t be expecting miracles out of this one, I have MEM for that…. :wink:

Whilst you are waiting for your hosts to arrive, I’ve added some links I found in post #4, to reviews, mod. threads etc.

If you know of others, please bring them to my attention.

Also, please bear in mind that the Z1 has been developed and improved over the years. I haven’t asked for a change history, because I don’t see how it would be relevant. But doubtless there may be some.

See A statment:the COMETA flashlight is not a Jaxman product - #71 by jaxman

The hosts that you will get are the current production version.

Right, Paul said this is Revision 5, so it’s been a work in progress to get to this stage. Jaxman Z1 MkV. :wink:

I think it was I who used the term “MkV”, and I think I mis-quoted.

If you follow my link, you will see that Jaxman said it was the 4th version.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what little changes have been introduced.

Dale do you have other plans for getting power to that emitter or are you also waiting on the extension tube to become available? I’m really liking the looks of that round emitter projection…

My Z1 from the first batch has a 52mm lens but with only a visible/useable diameter of 41mm :wink: If it has grown to 60mm i missed that.

I might be remembering that 60mm thing wrong, I do that a lot, sorry, I’ll dig and see what I can find out about where I got that.

emarkd, the SBT-70 has a 3.7Vf at 10.5A, so it runs fine on a single hot cell. The one in my Eagle Eye X6 is doing 17A from an LG HE-2 18650. :wink: Don’t know if you ever saw the massive quad heat sink I designed for the X6, but that’s what I’m using under the SBT-70 in that light with a 35mm Illuminations Machines reflector which is shallow but I also trimmed it down to fit. There’s a massively huge chunk of copper under this one! The sink design is shelf to lens, I carved the edges to a bevel to accommodate the reflector.

A few of my favorite light, the X6, (SBT-70 lower right)

I ordered mine, maybe just got it in, barely. My order is on the "processing" state right now, but had to add this gem in with the order:

They show it with a Z1 in it, and they say it fits a Z1, so cool! Wish you guys could have included this. Maybe ask for a deal, or at least saving the extra shipping fee?

Ah,thanks. I thought I remembered you saying they were 6v emitters earlier in this thread. My bad.

I have no idea where I got that 60mm optic size in my head, can’t find any mention to that extent anywhere. Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Edit: A couple of things I did find… 45mm is claimed on the size of the optic. This site, Taobao for Jaxman has more detailed articles written, and some nice detail from Jaxman. :slight_smile:

And this quote, pertaining to the AR+AF coating on the optic…. “In some bright coated glass will have some texture, strips or points, not scratches, scratches in case of no-lighting is visible. These do not affect the light transmittance, do not try to erase, obsessive-compulsive disorder party, please, hold back! ! ”

I like that, feel like they may be onto something there… :wink:

Oh man. If SBT-70 runs on a single cell I’ll start thinking about it again.

I think it’d be really awesome to see a lot of different approaches, domed XP-G3, de-domed, XP-G2 dome on or off, even maybe a colored XP-E2 in green or blue or something, Just wondering how the optic handles the different sources and what the end result is.

If I weren’t so impulsive I might could have gone with a CBT-140 instead of buying the X1 and Z1 within a couple of days of each other. Gonna end up with one of those sooner or later, same circular die, mo powah. And all the problems that go with it. It’s expensive, a lot more so, and it comes on a rectangular mcpcb with a plug for mounting in fixtures and such. So it would require modification of even the emitter assembly to use in a light like we do. But that challenge makes me want even more to try one! I know, I got it bad….

My 8 yr old was just in here going on and on about his video game, the details of which escape me… but his last words before running off to play some more were “Whew! That is one Powerful Powerful Mod!”

Cracked me up. Having it bad is infectious, perhaps…

That most be Minecraft :smiley:

Yep, he lives on it.

Hahaha I play it with my son, great fun, like Lego without piles of blocks on the floor that need to be put away at some point.
We ought to make a working Q8, then I could send the world save to you and you could see him mod a light using mods :smiley: