Group buy: Jaxman Z1 host [THREAD CLOSED BY ADMIN]

Goodbye The Miller.

I will not resort to even hinting at private correspondence.

I will now change the J Team password, which was entrusted to you.

I wish you well with your project, which will require all your resources.

Meanwhile I would like to proceed with this group buy, which I hope will be a simpler, more drama free process, from now on.

Ya can’t make this sheet up!

WOW!
This is a new Low for BLF. Way to go in making our group look like a bunch of douche bags to the vendors and to others in general.

• What manufacturer/vendor would want to get associated with people who act like this? *
    For what, a few dollars and a lifetime of incessant whining and bickering? Bullshit in the biggest sense. You should be Real Proud.
    You guys may as well start a Reality Show, and you know who you are.

This site used to be fun and there was common respect, but now………………well, it’s no wonder we have lost good members who are tired of the HIGH SCHOOL JUVENILE DRAMA

Sickening.

Peace Out.

Keep on keeping on The Miller !! :+1:

Now, back to business.

Latest news:

The first ten/twelve purchasers will all receive a 26650 extension tube with their host, as well as the LED adapter.

For the main buy, the extension tube will be a $3 optional extra. The host-only price will be reduced to $32.50

The store is being updated, links will be posted as soon as possible.

I will return the interest list to it’s proper place, and try to keep it up to date, from now on.

Please check the update point, and if I have missed you, please let me (Sharpie) know by PM.

Please watch the first posts here, for further information.

Tips from Jaxman:

All of the first 12 :blush: have now completed their purchases, so I can now reveal the order page for the host again.

See post #5

This is still a work in progress, but hopefully you will start to see the sort of information that you need.

If you have any queries, etc, please just ask here, and Jaxman and I will try to respond.

Please bear in mind that we only launched this buy three days ago, and that was a day early.

Things will improve, if you will trust “J Team” with your confidence.

I don’t mean to criticize Jaxman but chamfering angels is just wrong.
I think that probably should have made the “Thou shalt not…” list.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Chamfering the angles is the right thing to to, if for no other reason than to remove burrs.

Chamfering the Angels is not my call, I suppose their Halo’s got rid of the burrs long ago… :wink:

I’d like to buy a couple of pills with the retaining ring.
I know how and why to chamfer and clean up any raw metal edges.

The Miller, I’m glad you finally realized the direction that this group buy was going, and decided to distance yourself from “J Team.” I very much hope that you will still be involved with this group buy. Not as “J Team,” but on your own accord. I’m sure most all of the members on here would agree, that you are an asset to this project. :+1:

It looks like Jax updated the listing on Aliexpress with some more detailed information about the host. :+1:

Please be patient.

The parts will be in the store soon, but postage is still a problem. You might want to wait a little longer and order more stuff, to amortize the shipping costs. :wink:

Now, what do you have in mind to do with them ? Please let us know you’re ideas, this is the main reason for this buy.

Imagination, and sharing of results.

I.e Modding !!!

No hurry, glad to know extra pills will be available.
I’ll start by using RMM’s correct-diameter driver, when that comes available, and several different emitters which will change over time.

I hadn’t heard about a special RMM driver ?

Please do tell (unless it’s a secret).

Meanwhile you can always use the blank 22mm PCB to adapt a smaller one.

RMM replied when I asked in his thread that he will be making a 22mm diameter FET driver — eventually — that will fit this host.
EDIT: he wrote: “I don’t have a 22mm FET+7135 yet, but you can bet there’s one coming….”
MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source - #6677 by RMM (Mon, 06/06/2016 - 16:59)

(He does offer one 22mm diameter driver now, it’s a hotrod type,
EDIT: this one: 22mm MTN-MAX 1A-6A Buck Driver - 5V-18V

and, hm, there’s this one: FET Driver - 22mm

you can find them on mtnelectronics web page — don’t rely on this post, look there for what’s real and currently available

I’m in no hurry. “Do it once, do it right, and never do it again”

As I understand it, the 22mm FET that Richard currently offers is for a single cell. Of course, a relatively simple Zener modification would make that work well for a 6V emitter with 2 cells. :wink:

He’ll be upgrading the size to include other variations on the theme.

what a way to start the day. I’m having surgery in a couple hours, but had to check on the J Team before I can go to the doctor. This is exactly why I nominated Chloe as J Team President/ Babysitter. She is the only one with the proper mix of pretty smile and bullwhip to keep J Team on an even keel.
Oops quick break to save a bird from Andy’s mouth and watch it fly away. Second day in a row for that.
————
——
For 20 yrs, I’ve had a cyst on my chest. It was recently lanced and when the scab fell off, it had not healed. I had a 6mm hole in my skin that went 12 mm into a dry hole. Then it got wet and became yucky. So it’s all coming out with a knife. If this goes the way I expect, I will get an infection and die. The end to my crazy life will be that I died from a zit. EDIT. no surgery necessary so far. It is healing on its own. Thx to all who sent notes of concern.
So my “reason” for posting today is to ask whether anyone has beamshots of a Z1 with any XHP led?? Because the extension tube gives us that option.
Thx in advance.

My mail carrier is my best friend. :slight_smile:

Today he brought me a box from Digi-Key, the Luminus Devices SBT-70 for the Jaxman Z1. :smiley:

I made it all the way to putting one in my shopping cart, but have had the inner fortitude not to hit ” checkout”
I bought another Astrolux S3 and SU host instead.

My Jaxman X1 that was ordered on the 4th has a tracking number, has been picked up, but is still in the shipping warehouse. The newer order of the Z1 on the 6th is still waiting for a tracking number.