Group buy: Jaxman Z1 host [THREAD CLOSED BY ADMIN]

Don’t rely on all the pictures on that page, some are outdated. First picture shows a “Jaxman” but pictures further down are of the older “Jax” and show all of its parts including those not included in the host.

Come on guys, pm or start a thread for some flaming OK?
Please delete all these posts that do not add and with all that quoting takes up lots of space :slight_smile:

I agree that is kind of a glitch but it’s GREAT to be working with Jaxman. I’m not going to buy this host, but I would love to see sharpie continue working with Jaxman I anticipate Jaxman can provide some very high quality drivers in the future. Has anyone ever priced a Nitecore host, Fenix host, or Acebeam host.? This thread is for modders, and I don’t mod yet, but I’m looking forward to seeing more BLF members working with high quality manufacturers. As far as Jaxman selling the light on Ali, that does kind of eliminate the group buy. No big deal. I hope for a long and bright future with Jaxman.

Hey wait— Will any Cometa parts be good enough to use in the real Jaxman host The photo says no star or LED is included, but the pill is included, am I right ? What is the pill made of , aluminum ??

What about a group buy for the Jax Z1 XHP50 at a very good price, this would be more appealing for everyone on here I would think and it will promote the Jaxman brand :wink:

When anyone gets one of these hosts that has a Cometa as well, I would really appreciate some details on the differences… The host here is already more than $40 with shipping, and I have two working Cometas, so am unsure if I would get this host unless it was truly a Hyundai vs Ferrari choice…

For the J Team (teacher excluded), definite interest in a X1 host, just as something for the future.

teacher- The function of cut and paste to a word processing program will count the words for you, takes but a second… Getting rid of the red squiggly lines under the words does not mean your post does not sound angry, just that all the words are now spelled correctly. Hate to be the one to teach you this… Have a blessed day!

nqcken, buying this as a host is not necessarily a job for a “modder” Almost anyone can solder a lead onto a star, and that’s really all it takes to build this light. Choose and purchase a driver, choose and purchase an emitter (already on the star can easily be found) and then simply assemble the light. 2 points to solder, wires are virtually always on the driver of choice (an LD-2 will take more work than that)

So, for those not currently into modding, this kind of host is a great place to step up the game and choose just how it works, put it together yourself with little more than basic this-threads-to-that assembly.

Try it! You’ll Like it! :slight_smile:

Yet you are, thus the insult of “whiny little girl”… feel free to note I simply do not like you, but I’m not going to call you names…

Since it comes with a bare driver PCB I see no reason why the cometa parts would not be able to work in this.

I’m wondering what is expected (regarding throw) from this host and what is recommended emitter for it.

My apologies The Miller, my total lack of any respect for ReManG outweighs my respect for you.
ReManG had ever opportunity to delete his posts, but instead he posts that I wish to hide “my actions” by deleting my posts. Fortunately, I save any and all posts I ever delete or change… for the record.
So I am reposting the posts I deleted in their entirety.
ReManG is nothing more than an angry liar. What he is lying about is the PM’s I sent him. He said they were “borderline harassing”.
Those PM’s, as I have addressed below; are anything but that. And he is welcome to post them, as they will prove my point. So sadly I am pretty sure he never will.
But that is addressed below.

Out of respect for you… The Miller, I’ll do as you have requested. :+1:
Please note that is the only reason I am deleting…………

edit: Ok, per your request… I have deleted all I can. It will be up to the other to decide if he honors you request.
———————————————————————————————————————————————
Edit: The posts below were deleted yesterday 5 June 2016.
They are reposted today 6 June 2016 in response to ReManG’s BS & For the Record.
~

More lies from you Gary. One long PM from me I guess you counted the words & 2 very short ones right together. If they were “borderline harassing” as you lie about. Go ahead and post them to prove your point. A two year old would not have considered anything in those PM’s “harassing”.
Nice try, but you need to familiarize yourself with THIS
You are nothing but smoke & mirrors.
Your opinions are fine with me, but when you try your little passive aggressive BS with me… I shall respond.
Now I am fine with never commenting to or about you ever again. You take that same road & we will be good forever.
ALSO, this is not the place for this. PM me, start a thread about it if you wish, whatever… but it does not need to be on this thread.
But be aware, when you lie about me… I will not roll over like a little girl.
The end…….
This thread is also about interest in a Z1 host…. maybe your X1 interest can be fulfilled in the future.

Whatever…. now you are a mind reader in addition to a “whiny little girl”? It is no big news that you don’t like me… who cares?? :wink:
I am not “calling you names” ReManV, I am just telling it like it is.
Go back to your post 29 in this thread when you felt the need to “take a jab” at me for no reason.
If you thought I was just gonna roll over, you should have thought again.
You appear to be a weak little man, who is himself very angry inside.
Deny it all you wish… but you know what I am talking about. :wink:
And it just eats at you doesn’t it???

What a joke of a reply… truly the words of a sanctimonious posterior. :slight_smile:
Go back to post 29, when for no apparent reason you started all this BS in your sneaky little passive aggressive way.
Your a joke…………… :wink:

I already have a Z1 original (Oct 2014), and a Cometa, and noted in detail what the differences were - think in one of the Cometa threads. Once you fix up the electrical problems in a Cometa, you got an under performing light compared to the Z1 (I suspect the lens), a sloppier zoom thread (which feels cheap), and with mine, a cracked lip on the lens because of the poor design in where the lens sits.

Overall better design for the Z1, and none of the parts seem to LEGO between the Z1 and Cometa. All depends on your preferences/priorities/money situation/etc.

I thought I saw that post, but could not find it Tom E. Thanks on the update with this. I am good with my two Cometas then, it seems this is an improvement, but does not meet my cost-benefit ratio…

I have enough skills to just get new drivers for my Cometas and file the back of the pill down to prevent shorting without a gasket….

J Team- I am out on this GB, but looking forward to see what comes next… keep up the good work!

I am looking forward to this kind of project in the future. If Jaxman designs a light, there’s not as much reason to give us a big discount.
If BLF members provide a lot of new design and software, Jaxman might give a bigger discount in return.

Regarding this host, the Cometa star and driver should fit right in. I may attempt the swap. I love what the Cometa was supposed to be.
Put me down for one in the list of 100. Ugh. Why can’t I stop myself.

J-team, if you want a real market hit remake your X1 to a 18650 tube only( 25.4mm thick) torch, with that reflector it will be a real beauty, we dont have smth like that on the market atm: at least nothing of importanceand quality
You can also cut its weight by revising that massive head radiator

Its like B158 m8 but heavier

I wanted to add something here: having bought several Jaxman hosts directly from their AE shop, I can assure you when they say “lens will be carefully packed in pristine condition” they are not lying:

Jaxman is the only manufacturer I’ve seen that uses this special paper to cover their glasses, the lens comes out CLEAN and with no static so the dust particles doesn’t adhere to it. Maybe there is a name for this special paper, it is brown, very thin, shiny and appears to be coated (wax?).

They even have dedicated foam cutouts in their boxes to specifically fit the glass.

I don’t delete posts that show others insulting and angry behavior, it only benefits those that want to hide their actions in order to repeat them…

Thanks for the update Will! Now that is reassuring!

ReManG it’s not about that, it’s about a clean thread, please reconsider now that teacher has deleted (thanks!) if you both delete all off topic this is a nice thread.

And further semi on topic I like to see that mini c8 in host form without the glue as well!

The Mini C8 is already available as host only, or at least it used to be. I bought one and loaded it up with a nichia 219c a while back. It’s a very cool little light. And yes,like others have said quality is fantastic and packaging was more than sufficient. I trust Jaxman to get this right.

This thread sure heated up fast. I was actually wondering myself why the host was so expensive and why $7 for shipping when just about anything can be shipped from China for next to nothing. Then I saw that people who were questioning the price were being beaten up just for mentioning it.

That is not at all true BLF style.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions about price. This is “…where Frugal meets with Flashlight” right?

I too thought about the Cometa. It was advertised as a Jax Z1 host so I wondered why I would pay more for a host than the complete light. Now, I didn’t buy one and I know there were issues with the Cometa but I gather that it was not really a Jax/Jaxman host? If so, that could have been explained without all the dagger throwing.

Dale’s post told me what I needed to know about the quality differences in the optic itself (thank you sir) and it seems this might be quite an excellent host. I’ve always had a soft spot for zoomie aspherics and wondered why so little love from most flashaholics. I still have the SK68 that got me hooked on flashlights in the first place. This one is a little pricey for me but I look forward to seeing what others can do with this host. Someday I will own a quality aspheric zoomie and I haven’t heard of any better than the Z1. I look forward to reviews. Lets keep BLF a happy place…

+1