Group buy: Jaxman Z1 host [THREAD CLOSED BY ADMIN]

With the 70 dollar piece of specially coated optical grade glass they are loosing money. If I had any interest whatsoever in zoomies I would snatch one right up. That and along with the endorsements given here, what is there to question?

Thank you for the clarification! Yes, it is always best to ask questions and not be led around like a dummy.

May I politely ask the organizer(s) to reveal their identity? Would at least like to know if they are participating in this discussion incognito.

May I ask what you paid?

Wait, how can anyone be sure that’s the real deal Jax glass? That could just as easily be the sub-par glass used in the Cometa.

I honestly don’t know much about the value of these parts, I just know that a finished Jax Z1 goes for like $60, so $35 for a host sounds like a good deal to me. I’m not sure about the unusual shipping costs, maybe it’s coming some quicker way than normal. Would be nice to get some clarification on that. The idea that the BLf organizers here are taking a commission, however, is hard for me to believe. That’s not the way these things are usually done here and to imply otherwise should require some proof, I would think.

Not saying this is a true budget light but… The Z1 has always been sold at this price range and the assembled lights were sold up to $60 in the past couple years. When Richard still got the Z1 host in stock it was selling for $49 if I remember correctly. So I really don’t understand the sudden questioning about the price? And why are people even comparing the Cometa to this, one is regarded as one of the best zoomies of all times and the other is a sub-par copy.

BTW when other shops charge you only $1 or $2 for the shipping that’s not the real price, it doesn’t cost that little to have something sent overseas, part or all of the shipping is already included in the price of the item. The $7.50 shipping is a bit steep, but they could easily say $39.99 for the light and $2.50 for shipping, perhaps it sounds better this way?

whatever they used in the cometa, I’m sure they have lots of components leftover to clear out.

Either this is one hell of a sales pitch for a 19 dollar piece of glass or Jax is using something totally different. Hard to believe though because one of the pictures shown on felt is the same...............Just sayin

My suspicion is these aspherics are the real Z1 deal, because Jaxman said they sold a 100 piece lot to BangGood in there anti-Cometa thread, whatever you want to call it. I grabbed one - only couple pieces left. Might try it in my Cometa actually. Went from 3 down to 2 after I ordered .

No commission for us. We just want a good deal without drama here.

We might participate :wink:
Identity is not relevant, the deal is.

Really? Are you kidding us?::facepalm::

Not arguing with you, whoever you are, and I’m not terribly bothered by the secrecy personally. I already joined the buy, after all. But you have to know that secrets make people suspicious. I don’t think that’s an unusual response.

This is a sales thread. Either you want one or you don’t.
BLF is full of sales and group buy threads. I look at them, if the light doesn’t appeal to me I move on to another thread. Just like shopping for groceries.

It is kind of funny, aren’t most of us kind of “anonymous” behind our usernames?
I mean, I shared the google maps location of where I live and pretty sure people can actually find me if they want. Yet most have a rough location and a self thought up name, all cool, part of the use of a forum :wink:

The cool thing here, we know the light, we now the host (or several have given input on it), we know the brand, we know the way of buying and the protection AliExpress offers, and we know quality controll and packaging of Jaxman is excellent so all the important things are clear right?

When can I pay my money so I can move on?

Our Business Manager has joined in.

I will now restrict myself to Technical Consultant duties, and supplier interface role.

J

Not really the same thing. Lots of us kinda hide who we are in real life. This crew is hiding who they are on BLf, while doing BLf business. Cause we know these aren’t new folks starting this crew up.

It’s one thing to have a group account to use as the “face” of your organization here. That’s probably a very good idea. It’s another not to tell who’s actually members of the group.

But again, I’m not terribly bothered myself.

Indeed …

Hey J Team,
Did you forget to read the first sentence in your own introduction?

Introduction from "J Team"

J Team has been created by some BLFers, who you will recognize soon, to introduce some interesting products, otherwise not available direct to the consumer, at special BLF-only prices.

No hard feelings, just thought I would add to the drama

I look forward to some awesome lights that reflect your introduction.

OK, after that momentary excursion.

I am back in control.

This is Sharpie.

It seems I am destined to be J Team.

If you recognise a value proposition, please join in.

And no, I take not a penny from anyone.

Just trying to do the right thing.

And introduce a serious manufacturer.

Please be nice.

Bye.