【Group Buy】LT1S Pro with Anduril2, Nichia 519A + 660nm Red LEDs

That’s great news.
With TK still working on the firmware, what version of Anduril is installed from factory and is the only way to update the light in future the rather inconvenient fork-based method TK described above?

1 Thank

It’s Anduril2. Think similar to the LT1 (warm-cool mixing) but with the ability to swap between white and red changes (distinctly).

coupon doesn’t work “Coupon codes are not supported after enjoying the rebate offer”

But did you enjoy the offer?

1 Thank

Nope. Seems like it was a limited number…
The lt1 is only 4$ more and comes in orange. Been on the fence with these lanterns for about a year now :grin:

1 Thank

I have not yet enjoyed the offer and it is still available to me.

1 Thank

Is the gchart X TK Forkfork Pro going to be available soon then?

Yes, I guessed that, but if ToyKeeper is still working on it, I suppose it’s not the “final” version for the light. Or is ToyKeeper simply merging changes from the light into the main Anduril repo?

I’m trying to decide whether to wait for the light to ship with “standard” Anduril, or whether to pull the trigger now and update later.

Order placed with the discount code :muscle: Although it is the first batch, I hope it has the firmware with the features ToyKeeper is working on

+1!
Order placed. I hope it comes with the latest version of TK

Ordered 1. Looks like the 15% site coupon doesn’t work in combination with the discount code - so don’t click that coupon.

Unless there is going to be a significant delay in shipping, I don’t see how it could have the final version installed. So I am going to have to pass for now.

I guess that there are flashing pads… remember the plastic fork… :roll_eyes:

So I suppose that gives an option for those that have the proper flasher…and a fork… :smiling_imp:

I have flashing kit but don’t own any forks, guess I’m out :confused:

1 Thank

Hopefully the gchart flashing kit fits down the tube, or I’ll have to get a fork and some other hardware.

I’m pretty sure the first batch will ship with a prototype firmware from @gchart and I also guess that the flashing adapter from @gchart won’t physically fit into the battery tube. In any case it would be hard to hit the pads. There are two sets of flashing pads. One set matching the spacing of @gchart’s adapter and one set with a larger 0.1" spacing. The “fork” fits the larger one and should be easier to hit the pads.

The behavior of the red channel that @ToyKeeper has discovered holds me back from buying this version so far. It’s really unfortunate that the hardware wasn’t tested better before this run.

2 Thanks

I don’t know if Gchart adapter is wider than mine (16mm), but it fits in a 21700 tube and has enough play in it to aim for pads located anywhere on the driver, it’s just a bit difficult to aim :sweat_smile: though the power LED helps.

Edit :

8 Thanks

I’d guess it’s this version at the moment? I might wait until there’s a flashing adapter that fits before getting one.

I’ll take ten.

2 Thanks

Unless Sofirn is willing to wait a few days and reflash items at the factory, I would assume this batch is shipping with gchart’s version from last September. It was created before having any hardware to test on, but despite that, it still works reasonably well.

Some things to know about that version:

• It has a white mode and a red mode, but no others. To switch between them, go into ramp mode (1C from off) and press 4C.
  • There is no thermal regulation, so be careful about running it unattended at full power.
  • It uses Extended Simple UI, so some extra features are available without going into Advanced UI:
    • Off → 3H: strobe / mood modes
    • Off/Lockout → 7C/7H: change aux LED mode
  • It doesn’t include any of the updates I’ve been working on this week.

Reflashing is possible, but requires an adapter and some dexterity and a way to get little parts down the battery tube. I’m lucky I had the right spare parts here…

• a compatible flashing dongle
  • DuPont female rainbow ribbon jumper cable
  • pogo pins which fit into the DuPont connectors
  • a plastic fork of just the right size and shape

It’s only really noticeable in red candle mode. So I’d recommend using a different channel mode (like auto-tint) for the candle. Additionally, the bottom of the red ramp is higher and more stair-steppy than I’d like, which is visible while smooth ramping.

The effect can be visible at specific levels in bike mode, but only specific levels… and bike mode is probably not very useful on a lantern. Also during the ramp-up in factory reset mode, but that’s a pretty minor thing.

Otherwise it seems to work well enough.

It’s kind of fun going between white-only mode and white+red mode. Most objects look the same either way, but red objects change pretty dramatically. They get really vivid in white+red mode, and then in white-only mode it looks like they get the life sucked out. Going back and forth would be a really effective way to demonstrate how things look to normal-sighted people vs red-colorblind people.

5 Thanks

I mean… I waited 7 months, I can wait a few more weeks and receive the flashlight with the final firmware. I bought it now just to take advantage of the coupon. I hope they will wait and reflash at the factory

I tested mine and it fits into the 18650 tube of a D4v2, so it should be no problem to use, if the pads remain in the PCB. It did need me to take it out of its case though.

1 Thank