【Group Buy】LT1S Pro with Anduril2, Nichia 519A + 660nm Red LEDs

@gchart , Thanks for the teardown. That’ll make it easier for me to use the flashing adapter I got from you once my lantern arrives, which shipped today :grinning:

And @ToyKeeper, thanks for putting all this work into the firmware. Its appreciated.

4 Thanks

I would’ve liked to see 5700K 519A
5700K and dedomed 2700K would be nice…

I just got thermal regulation working. It’s more complicated than older lights, since each of the 4 channel modes needs its own support functions for setting and adjusting brightness. And they each potentially have their own regulation pattern.

However, it seems to be working reasonably well now, so it should be safe to run it unattended at full power.

OTOH, I doubt it’ll be very necessary, since I couldn’t get the thing up to 45 C during use. I had to lower the temperature limit quite a bit to make it ramp itself down.

5 Thanks

Thanks for the teardown info.

Is it necessary for any reason to re-use (maybe even have to re-glue) “the black sticker that covers the retaining ring” when the lantern is re-assembled or can this component be discarded?

3 Thanks

Excellent, thank you very much for the detailed teardown.
That’s swung it for me and I’m ordering now that I know I’ll be able to flash the thing in future.

Interested.

Got one…
7 remaining

Thanks for the tear down @gchart! Looks like de-doming will be super easy! :smiley:

I believe the black sticker is purely cosmetic; just covers up the retaining ring. I put mine back but I don’t think you’d need to.

2 Thanks

Will there be different colors like the original LT1S with anduril moving forward?

I made a bunch of LT1S updates today…

• Added @gchart’s Extended Simple UI (allows access to strobes and aux LED config)
  • Enabled sunset mode in simple UI too
  • Smoother sunset mode thanks to code @SammysHP has been trying to get me to merge for, like, years :innocent:
  • Added colors to menus and factory reset (red + white, since that’s what the LT1S has)
  • Made the default config work more like the SP10 Pro (memory timer of 10 minutes by default)
  • Reduced PWM visibility and made the ramp smoother, thanks to the magic of math

Sunset mode in particular is working really well now. Put the light in the “auto tint” color mode, and it behaves a lot like a real sunset. It starts out bright cool white, then dims to warm white, then keeps dimming all the way down to red, then it shuts off. This can happen as fast as 5 minutes, or as slow as 4 hours.

To use sunset mode:

• Turn the light on.
  • Ramp to the brightness you want to start at.
  • Click 5H (click 5 times, but hold the final press)
  • Hold until desired time is reached. Each blink adds 5 minutes to the timer, and the maximum is 255 minutes (about 4 hours).

The intended mental process for this is to count the clicks by 1 and then count the blinks by 5. Like, “1 2 3 4 5, 10, 15, 20, release” for a 20-minute timer.

Sunset also works in candle mode, but it has slightly different behavior. Instead of slowly ramping down the entire time, it flickers at the given brightness until the final minute, then it gets dim and sputters like a candle burning out.

9 Thanks

I hope so. It would be cool to have a red one, to match the red light inside.

Also, I already managed to break part of my prototype… so I can’t recharge it any more unless I pull the battery out. Oops. So a production model would be nice to have.

3 Thanks

Lol omg I didn’t even think about the red on red that’ll be so nice
Edittypo

My guess is that yours is from the same 200 batch they just sold. :sweat_smile:

1 Thank

Hey, we’re teaming up with Toykeeper and Gchart to update the firmware. Toykeeper told me the new code works better than the old one. And we talked to the engineers about it. We can make it happen on LT1S Pro before they ship. The shipping day will be pushed back and you’ll have to hang on for a few more days. There are 17 lanterns that shipped out before I got Toykeeper’s message. Can you guys handle the firmware on your own? :melting_face:

8 Thanks

I would prefer waiting for the updated firmware, I have a flashing kit but others might not. Any way to know if a specific order has already shipped, or if it is just the shipping label that was generated?

Edit: looks like my order has shipped already, I can handle the updating.

Looks like mine is one of the orders which shipped. As long as Gchart’s flashing adapter will work on it, I’ll be able to handle it.

I’m ok waiting for updated FW.

I would rather a complete, working product but looks like mine already shipped. Disappointing.

1 Thank

It’s a working product either way… the update just makes it better. The LT1S Pro works like the original BLF LT1, which has been shipping for years… but it has an extra function to switch between red and white. It also comes with newer firmware than the old LT1.

For the earliest 17 lanterns, basically just remember that the red/white channel toggle is 4C in Ramp mode.

For the rest, changing channels is 3C while on (this works in a few modes).

Anyway, I’m trying to get the new code written and tested ASAP. I sent a copy to gchart for additional testing and feedback, and I’m just debating a couple of final changes.

6 Thanks