Group buy: Supbeam X40 L2 (Update: SOLD OUT!)

That's exactly why I wrote it in quotes. Nothing is enough, ever.. :)

..and when the X40 is not enough, I'll fetch my X60, and if that is not enough.. Well. I hope my X60M is here by then. ;)

Sometimes I do NOT understand post offices and shippers. After clearing Customs in New York a pair of brass 18650 lights from CNQG have finally made it to Reno, NV via FLORIDA per the post office tracking information, taking a week from NY to get here. Due for delivery today FINALLY! About effing time.

My second light still hasn't reached the US, but it was accepted by china post on the 14th, so I'm hoping I'll have it either this or next week.

too bad the package doesn’t travel in LIGHT speed :stuck_out_tongue:
mine already dispatched,ETA another 2 weeks :Sp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDJ_Mz8ftqI

Mine hit Jamaica, NY last night at 7:26 pm. With any luck it should be here by Saturday

Got it in the mail today / Norway.
Great!
I’m happy … :slight_smile:
Thanks

Mine already arrived at the airport. Will have it I a few days.

Mine has been sitting in the dang HK where ever for over a week………hope they didnt forget it or lose it

No joy for me, the wait is killing me.

:~

Still waiting......

17track tracking shows NO progress/update for about 14 days: Destination Country - Australia:Tracking
Origin Country - China:Tracking
2014-08-09 12:52, 深圳国际, 出口总包直封封发, 澳大利亚, Departure from outward office of exchange, AU
2014-08-08 23:34, 深圳国际, 出口总包互封开拆, 澳大利亚, Opening, AU
2014-08-08 22:09, 深圳市国际大宗邮件处理中心, 收寄局收寄, 澳大利亚, Collection, AU

Google Translate:

2014-08-09 12:52, Shenzhen International, the export total package seal seal straight hair, Australia, Departure from outward office of exchange, AU
2014-08-08 23:34, Shenzhen International, the export total package interoperability seal to open, Australia, Opening, AU
2014-08-08 22:09 Shenzhen international bulk mail processing center, acceptance Bureau acceptance, Australia, Collection, AU

Hit Scarborough, ME sort facility! Will be here by 1:30pm today!!! Have not been so excited to get something in a while

Got it in the mail today i haven’t check it waiting for batteries.
Great!
I’m happy … :bigsmile:

thank you the

Ok got mine today. Was not home yesterday and it needed to be signed for so I got the dreaded slip in the box that says "we have your extremely cool toy, and you cant have it until tomorrow.

Can not find a flaw on it. One question though. How do you get the switch boot out to swap it? I unscrewed the two screws on the circuit board in the tail cap, but feels like its glued in. But it came with a spare switch boot, so its got to be easily user changeable right?

Edit: Got the boot out. You unscrew the gold ring around the boot, and it swaps right out. I scratched it up a bit, but the blue boots I have are 16mm and this one is 14mm, so it blulbs out a little and covers it right up

Edit: why all the group buys on the larger lights, and no love for the smaller lights? I am sure they want to liquidate all the lights with "Supbeam" on them

The big lights represent a specialized and limited market. It is hard to unload such merchandise through you nornal distribution channel in significant quantities. Let me give you an example of just how slowly some of this stuff moves. Most Sunway V60R’s for sale are advertised at 728 lumens. That is the original XM-L T6 emitter. There have in fact two generations of the light since then, a 798 lumen with an XM-L U2 and an XM-L2 U2 at 900+ lumens. I asked Sunwayman to point me to a US dealer who had one with the XM-L2 emitter. They apparently don’t have anyone in the US with the XM-L2, and only a handful even have the XM-L U2 emitter. The V60R with the T6 was current about 2 years ago.

By contrast with lower price, the smaller lights don’t really cater to such limited and specialized markets, so they are much easier to move through your normal distribution channels. In addition the more competitive nature of that market makes the margins narrower, so the opportunities for the kinds of savings we have seen in the K50 and X40 buys aren’t there to begin with.

Yeah I understand that, but some of their smaller lights have a MSRP of about $100, which I feel is still a limited market .Talking about their tactical lights not EDC lights, though I would like one of those small stainless ones too

S50 have word “Sup Beam” almost cover one side. Can use 14500 although picky, need button top and not to tall battery.
L25S with extension tube and T10 is interesting too.

Second one landed in Calgary tonight, hopefully I will see it sometime tomorrow. :wink:

It has reached Toronto airport!!

The countdown has begun!

:party:

Tracking shows that my second light was out for delivery today. That means I'll have it tomorrow morning :)