Groupbuy feeler: nitecore TIP / TIP CRI + THUMB

Looks like my only recourse is going to be filing with PayPal as Banggoods first response to MD is that they are still insisting that these are the “upgraded” versions. I will wait to hear MD’s next update, as I am hoping he can help in getting this resolved without the usual “stonewalling” by Banggood. They have always been very difficult to deal with when it comes to return/exchanges.

Blue non-CRI, Ordered 2.11, received 25.11.
Blinks on lockout, so probably V1. Starting the 4-day test today.
Can’t tell what was written on the packaging as it has been thrown away.
I’m quite disappointed.

Banggood needs to man up and check this thread. They confirmed to this group buy that what we were purchasing was the upgraded version and that appears to be untrue. Yes, a few were lucky and got good upgraded units. BUT… There are definitely some defective units coming through as evidenced in the responses in the 2 ongoing Tip threads thus far.

So, anybody want to purchase a new Tip? Some of you don’t mind a lockout drain. I’ll gladly ship it to you so you don’t have to wait for the Slow Boat from China. :innocent:

Got the CRI version same exact thing as you and waited for 20+ days for it to deliver to find that its the v1.

So far 24 hours of lockout still 3 blinks

Started the test a day later in fact - 3 days after blinks red.
Sent emails to BG support and Martin.

Arrived today :

Order Placed Date:2016-11-01 04:13:10
Shipped Date:2016-11-09 07:54:16
Arrived Date:2016-12-01

Not blinking red when the buttons are touched while in lockout. Color temp 5000k. Seems like V2, I will charge it and put it in lockout and see how long it lasts.

Update 2016-12-06 Tried to unlock it today still three blinks so the battery is still above 50% after five days, apparently I recieved a good one.

Ok, finally got home and retrieved TIP’s from neighbor.

• TIP 360 / Gray - No blink when locked out.
  • TIP CRI 240 / Blue - One blink when locked out.
  • TIP Winter / Red_Blue - No blink when locked out.

All three came with batteries above 50% (three blinks). All three locked out yesterday. Will report back in a couple of days. I did not charge any of them before locking them out.

Well, 2 of em sound like winners….Anxious to hear what you find out. Good Luck!

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/43096

Got my TIP CRI 240 lumen in black today. Ordered from BangGood about a month ago [Chinese junk takes a while to cross Pacific]. No blinks in lockout so looks good. Will see how it plays out.

Nice light! Really like the form factor and the mode spacing. Will replace my Tube on keychain and see what happens.

Thanks, I’m going to have to use this. Ordered my my two TIPs Nov 10th from banggood and received them Dec 5th. The CRI flashes in lockout mode and the other does not flash in lockout. I have not left them in lockout to see if they have battery drain. I’m going to send a video of the blink in lockout and see if that is sufficient to get the replacement from banggood.

OK, as suspected… after ‘Lock Out’ Test:

• TIP 360 & TIP Winter are both “good to go”. :+1: … :slight_smile:
  • TIP CRI 240 is a “Dud”. :frowning:

I guess 2 out of 3 ain’t too bad……… :smiley:

I went 0/3 with my CRI’s :cry:

I love the tint of my nichia (defective lockout , but nice light)

Banggood offered me half my money back for the TIP CRI with the lockout bug. Should I take it or ask for something else?

Where did you buy this one from?

Sorry I didn’t write it in my post :person_facepalming:

It was from Banggood.

I received mine. Ordered on November 1st and got V2.

The darker grey looks awesome. Love it.

I completely agree Hobo! And to me the Blue is a close 2nd. :+1: