GROUPBUY FEELER: Samsung INR18650 20R updated op

Those are pretty rare i think. Just solder a blob :slight_smile:

I’m going to order 2 Panasonic NCR18650PF’s from FT and am wondering if they will be sufficient enough for a single 18650 light with a 13x7135 driver (~4.5A). The PF is stated to have a max recommended continuous draw current of 10a but often that value is much less for real world applications. Even mtnelectronics does not recommend a panasonic PF for current draws of 4.4a+.

[QUOTE=mtnelectronics]

Power Level:
Not all cells will be able to reach these current levels, see recommended cells. No harm will be done by not running recommended cells but output may be reduced.
3.4A - Suitable for most cell types.
3.7A - Panasonic NCR18650PF recommended.
4.1A - Panasonic NCR18650PF, Samsung INR18650-25R, Sony VTC4, or Sony VTC5 recommended.
4.4A - Samsung INR18650-20R, Samsung INR18650-25R, Sony VTC4, or Sony VTC5 recommended.
4.7A - Samsung INR18650-20R, Samsung INR18650-25R, Sony VTC4, or Sony VTC5 recommended.
5.0A - Samsung INR18650-20R, Samsung INR18650-25R, Sony VTC4, or Sony VTC5 recommended.[/QUOTE]

link

The PF is ideal for me since FT sells them at a good price and they have good capacity compared to other high amp cells. So is a PF cell sufficient enough for a 4.5A draw? Or should I go down the Sony VTC5/Samsung INR-20R route?

If you have just 4.5A Discharge the lg 4.35 cells are the best…
High capacity and high voltage will make your light bright.

You can crank thru the discharge curves for the amps you want in HKJ's comparator tool. Look's like the high amp 25's are better. I usually use 5A to compare with because it's in the 4-6A range I'm most interested.

All depends on what you are driving? XML, XM-L2, etc? on crap aluminum or direct thermal path star (SinkPAD or Noctigon)?

I got my doubts if you are driving a XM-L2 on good copper, or maybe just a few secs. Of course you need everything else tweaked to minimize resistance - springs, etc...

It will be a DIY XinTD MTN flashlight that will house an XML-2 on Noctigon @4.4a with a qlite driver. And yes I understand that points of resistance will reduce current and are much more susceptible to overheating. And I understand that the spring mod will be greatly beneficial and I will be incorporating this into my first flashlight build (outlined here in Relics how to: add copper braid to springs). So are PF cells more than sufficient?

Cheers :slight_smile:

25R’s and vtc5’s are out of the question. 18sixfifty tried contacting fasttech, they said at least 10 packs to EACH customer for a gb, i tried gearbest, wallbuys, banggood, no1 can help, many even don’t understand the term groupbuy :confused:
So, Doris from focalecig is now asking, how much interest there is for Samsung inr 18650 20R, so we can get a price.
Just state how many packs you want and i’ll add you to the list. 1 pack=2 batteries

2 packs of INR20 for me

4 packs of Samsung 25Rs
can go 8 packs (16 batt) if price is good

Can’t do a gb on 25R’s. Only 20R is an option at the moment

just so i understand; these batteries would be a good idea to use if you had a 4A+ flashlight? And if i don’t, (i could either build one, or) i can continue using the xtar 18700 or pana 3400 or sanyo’s that i already have?

Yes, these are ment for high drain applications.

I want 2 packs (maybe 4 depending on the price ) :bigsmile:

I want 1 packs or 2 …depending the final price…! how much is the extra charge for tracking number?

4 to 8 of the 25 R’s if price is good.

…or I missed something!

Thats about it :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: …Ill have 4 sets of 25r or vtc5’s… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the 20R is no slouch. I suppose 4 to 8 of the 20R’s, again if price is at or below $6 per battery. I imagine that is a tall order. How low can they go?

any update? 8)