groupbuy: nitecore TM16GT available again

My led’s were decently centered, the hot spot is near perfect, my switch has noticeable feedback and feels perfect. I’m not sure why the quality control on this one is not up to par with nitecore’s usual. Sorry to hear that others didn’t have the same luck… Maybe you can send it back for a new one

Shame. LEDs not centered and no regulation are super deal-killers and quite honestly are inexcusable for a light of this price. I hope that the 3,000+ lumens are nice for the 5 or 10 minutes they are available. And no definable hotspot is also inexcusable. I'm glad I held out.

Stupid as I am, I started reading up on what off-center LEDs can do to a thrower…

Do you guys think that these LEDs are enough off-center to affect the beam and throw?

I hate google, it’s better to be ignorant :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine looks very similar as far as led placement and my beam is very tight and not messed up at all.

try to remove the bezel/reflector
turn the reflector 1/4 clockwise
close bezel
check if it got better

redo max. 4 times for the best position :wink:

I’ve thought about that. But I can’t seem to get the bezel off, any tips?

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like the reflector is just spun a bit in some of the lights.

Yeah, it would indeed center 3 of the LEDs on mine if I just can get the damn thing off. I’ll try to heat the bezel up tomorrow maybe.

i used rubber coated cotton gloves , was easy on the TM16

maybe i rry later on the GT

I tried that already… Maybe I need more muscles :stuck_out_tongue:

Was the TM16 glued?

no

Let me know when you get it off… I tried several different ways including adding rubber bands for grip and clamps but I’m afraid to damage it trying anything else. maybe heat will work.

Watch out with heat though.

The reflector is made out of plastic and there is an o-ring between the lens and the bezel.

If you wanna use heat, why not keep the light on turbo for 5 minutes? :slight_smile:

Also do we know the thread is counterclockwise when screwing it off?

You don’t wanna be screwing it on tigher and break the thread.

good luck!

Wouldn’t it be extremely uncommon that the threads are clockwise?

It would.

ps. side question: I’m gonna get my tm16gt tommorrow :slight_smile:
Though I haven’t got the right batteries yet.

Can I use my samsung ICR18650-26F 2600mAh with button top to test the light to see if it is functioning?
Also for what extend of time would be safe?

It should have the same threads as the TM16, so maybe Martin can give us some info on which way the threads go.

Good tip on the turbo heat btw. I’m also thinking of submerging it in hot water instead of using a heat gun.

Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage with? If you have I don’t see why not. You could probably go 10 minutes on turbo and then check if the voltage is the same on all four batteries.

What kind of batteries are you getting?

of course I have a DMM I have 2.
Which selfrespecting flashaholic doesn’t :smiley:
I was more wonder on the amp drain than voltage.
Don’t wanna destroy the samsungs by overheating.

I’m getting 8 30Q’s and 4 ncr18650B’s.

Haha, that’s true :wink:

Well the amp limit on those are 5.2, so it shouldn’t be a problem?

i got it open :smiley:

thread are common ones ( leftie loosie - rightie tightie )
there was a bit glue under the TM16GTs bezel (i am sure none was under the TM16)

i used my bench as tool to get grip on the bezel, pressed with the leg and turned with both hands - voila!