Groupbuy: XINTD X3 for 24,99 available AGAIN!!

Does out throw a c8, people say it will out throw an HD2010, haven’t done a head to head myself but it throws well.

Had to buy 2 more, this light is such a great deal, is built better than any C8 or HD2010 made.

Stock X3's rcv'd yesterday with stock XM-L2 on stock cheaper copper star:

X3 #1 2.85A tail, lumens: 986 @start, 972 @30 secs, throw: 47 kcd

X3 #2 2.85A tail, lumens: 972 @start, 952 @30 secs, throw: 45 kcd

Throws better than a C8, not as well as a stock HD2010 on a good cell, but close (HD2010's highly dependent on the cell because of DD, and other issues varying between units). Exactly where it should be - between a C8 and a HD2010 because the reflector width is in-between. Not sure of the glass off hand - maybe in the reviews?

*** Note: nice modded up C8's at 3.85A will do about 1,200 lumens and 45 - 50 kcd (XM-L2 U2 1A/copper, AR lens, wired up springs, polished surfaces w/AS5, good C8 reflector)

wow it turns out to be a great light. When I receive it I’ll probably buy another.

48.9mm

Thanks

Yes - I've gotten a lot of lumens out of mine fully modded, and of course the throw is excellent. Plus it holds output well - not much heat sagging going on at all.

See Post #5 here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/20644

Ohh - now that I got 3 lights here (1 modded, 2 stock). I looked carefully at the beams and LED's and turns out the brighter stock one is centered perfectly, and the other two are not centered well at all. The one with the lower #'s has a quick drop (under 1 sec), so usually that means something in the LED <-> MCPCB junction is a-miss. I don't think the lower output is related to focusing because of seeing the quick drop on #2, and not seeing it on #1. I'll have to investigate this on these 2 lights to determine the cause of that quick drop. I've seen this before, so that's why I'm speculating a poor LED bond on the MCPCB, or possibly poor MCPCB to pill shelf bond (less likely), or just a poor LED maybe.

I think the centering problem is occurring because the reflector fits in so tight to the head, leaving no slop for playing with the LED centering. Maybe you need some play around the MCPCB in order to position itup with the reflector. I'm also suspecting the reflector isn't up tight against the MCPCB as it could be.

i can’t wait for mine to arrive.

I ordered and received the U2-1A tint version, and due to some Gearbest credits it ended up costing me $22.

I expected to really like this light, but after a day of fiddling with it I have to report that I do not particularly like it….

PROS: $22 shipped cost, ability to take AA/18650/22650 batteries, I like the beam (once I adjusted the connections in head), head area has lots of aluminum mass for good heat sink.

CONS: Flashy modes, low not low enough (as usual), AA battery carrier option too loose (when light is jostled the modes change!), protected 18650 batteries too long and cannot tighten up tail or head to body well, the switch is way too sensitive!

I think mine reached Customs in NYC yesterday, went to a sorting center ~8 miles away today, probably go 40 miles away for more sorting tomorrow.

Mine has the same issue with the crappy AA carrier. Crappy is fine, that’s what I knew I was paying for, but it should be functional. :frowning:

Hi wylde21
Can you take some pictures of that and post it on this thread, so that we can show your pictures and the feedbacks to the supplier, to let them check and solve this problem.

Thank you for your supporting and sorry that had troubled you, hope we can make it well for everyone here :slight_smile:

Exactly what would you like pictures of? none of the issues I described would be clearer with photos; except possibly the protected Panasonic 18650 battery being too long to allow fully threading closed the head and tail-cap assemblies to the battery section….but you do not need a photo to understand that issue.

To be clear: I am not blaming Gearbest, the seller, for any issues I describe. The issues I have had are all related to the flashlight designed/manufacturer. I understand that many others of BLF have had issues with Gearbest but so far (cross my fingers and toes) I have had all of my Gearbest orders go through with no delivery issues.

Hi wylde21

Thx for your fast repply, we know that you’re not complain with us Gearbest (thanks for your understanding also), but we want to try our best to offer better products for you here, so we asked you to post some pictures so that we can show the pictures to supplier, and make them to improve this product.
Again thank you for supporting us :slight_smile:

CSgearbest, there is nothing wrong with Wylde21’s light, just some things he is not fond of. There is plenty of discussion on this light.

1. It’s a 2 mode driver, he can switch it to the other mode.
  2. The carrier has been discussed, we knew it was coming with the cheap carrier, the better carrier is $4 more, why even use the carrier, use a lithium ion for full power.
  3. Mode not low enough, same driver that come’s with all X3s, that’s just his personal preference.
  4. Not long enough to take protected batteries, also widely know issue with the X3, XinTD really needs to change this.

The light is a hell of a steal for $25, nothing wrong with the light.

I agree with you.

The quality has been discussed (cheap plastic, high resistance). That is not the big deal. I’d be fine with it if it actually functioned.

The issue is that the carrier is not long enough to maintain contact with both the tailcap spring and the driver spring. Any slight movement will cause a disconnect and a mode switch. I was using it outside and aimed it at the ground and the light completely shut off. That is how short/mismatched/Low QC the AA carrier is.

Geez enough with the carrier already, this is a 26650 light for cryin’ out loud.

While it does run on 26650 and 18650 (unprotected), it should also run on 3AA especially considering the battery tube is specifically made wide enough for a 3AA carrier.

I’ve got 40 or 50 other 18650/26650 flashlights, but very few AA/AAA options. That’s the primary reason why I bought the X3.

If we could just get a source for a 3AA carrier that will actually function in the XinTD X3 I would be ecstatic. I’d happily shell out the cash, and be able to overlook the QC issues in my X3.

Maybe GearBest can source a better carrier for a discount before this promotion ends. That way everybody is happy.