Groupbuy: XINTD X3 for 24,99 available AGAIN!!

Search on the term ‘PWM’. Noisy or noticeable PWM is not desirable, but doesnt effect everyone, the same way, and is dependent on the frequency as well.

I assume thats what it is.

My god, it is LOUD especially at medium. This is after I added 2 7135s. ): I know it is PWM, but this is serious.

EDIT: I think this is because of the bad contacts on the threads because it is anodized aluminum. When I twist the tube, the screech increases/decreases. This screen goes from scary loud to super quiet. (threads from Head/Body)

So from what I am reading……the $15/20 difference is well worth it?

No, it is a great light. I think I just got a bad one. This light is by far the most highest quality/build I have ever owned.

Well you must own some budget lights then. I have the IOS version and even without the battery carrier differences, its not a high quality light. Its average IMO; its not ultrafire/trustfire cheap but its def not Armytek, Eagletac, Thrunite, SupBeam quality. Dont get me wrong, Xtind is of nice quality but its a nice budget/middle of the line quality.

You rarely find a $25 light that is of thensame quality as the expensive lights. Iverall it can be nice but the attention to details are never the same

haha, you are right. This is the most expensive light I have. The other lights are just some 10$ cree stuffs. I think this light is extremely good for modders because the “pill” is literally the entire head.

Yes, I’d agree that compared to generic C8’s or the common lights people buy when “starting” or on a buget, the XintD is a great quality for the price. As we are seeing the QC might not be the best but even with the issues its still a good deal.

To me personally, I think spending ~$20 more for the IOS upgrades is worth it but then again I have multiple lights that cost $150-200+ EACH. I am not your average light enthusiast so what I believe doesnt necessarily reflect the average person. I have and always be a stickler of quality. Again everyone is different and everyone wants different things. There is no denying that at $25 this light was a good deal but slight risk on QC (not sure if its GB or XintD but its still a good deal)

Highest quality light you can buy for $25. Would I pay the extra $15-$20 for IOS model, ?<$! no, both of mine are perfect, have no need for the battery carrier. I also have all the premium brands and Xintd quality is right up there with the best of them.

The two I ordered arrived in mint condition, for proof, here's the pics:

I haven't found any marks or imperfections yet. The 18650 converters are the most solid ones I've seen yet, and they seem to fit pretty tight in the tube. I can't see any differences from the IOS X3, accept as previously noted:

• No AR lens - regular glass
  • weird copper-like spring soldered on the low profile spring
  • cheapo AA carrier
  • threads bone dry - I will not re-assemble or test these without the Nyogel treatment

Again for $25, getting a true SS bezel, solid pill, massive weighted head, somewhat decent Nanjg style 2 group driver, versatile cell usage, nice threads, quality tail assembly, ...... No regrets at all for the value. Thanks again Max!!

Got mine in today. Looks and works perfectly.

Does it throw better that a C8? Is the glass 42 mm diameter?

Does out throw a c8, people say it will out throw an HD2010, haven’t done a head to head myself but it throws well.

Had to buy 2 more, this light is such a great deal, is built better than any C8 or HD2010 made.

Stock X3's rcv'd yesterday with stock XM-L2 on stock cheaper copper star:

X3 #1 2.85A tail, lumens: 986 @start, 972 @30 secs, throw: 47 kcd

X3 #2 2.85A tail, lumens: 972 @start, 952 @30 secs, throw: 45 kcd

Throws better than a C8, not as well as a stock HD2010 on a good cell, but close (HD2010's highly dependent on the cell because of DD, and other issues varying between units). Exactly where it should be - between a C8 and a HD2010 because the reflector width is in-between. Not sure of the glass off hand - maybe in the reviews?

*** Note: nice modded up C8's at 3.85A will do about 1,200 lumens and 45 - 50 kcd (XM-L2 U2 1A/copper, AR lens, wired up springs, polished surfaces w/AS5, good C8 reflector)

wow it turns out to be a great light. When I receive it I’ll probably buy another.

48.9mm

Thanks

Yes - I've gotten a lot of lumens out of mine fully modded, and of course the throw is excellent. Plus it holds output well - not much heat sagging going on at all.

See Post #5 here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/20644

Ohh - now that I got 3 lights here (1 modded, 2 stock). I looked carefully at the beams and LED's and turns out the brighter stock one is centered perfectly, and the other two are not centered well at all. The one with the lower #'s has a quick drop (under 1 sec), so usually that means something in the LED <-> MCPCB junction is a-miss. I don't think the lower output is related to focusing because of seeing the quick drop on #2, and not seeing it on #1. I'll have to investigate this on these 2 lights to determine the cause of that quick drop. I've seen this before, so that's why I'm speculating a poor LED bond on the MCPCB, or possibly poor MCPCB to pill shelf bond (less likely), or just a poor LED maybe.

I think the centering problem is occurring because the reflector fits in so tight to the head, leaving no slop for playing with the LED centering. Maybe you need some play around the MCPCB in order to position itup with the reflector. I'm also suspecting the reflector isn't up tight against the MCPCB as it could be.

i can’t wait for mine to arrive.

I ordered and received the U2-1A tint version, and due to some Gearbest credits it ended up costing me $22.

I expected to really like this light, but after a day of fiddling with it I have to report that I do not particularly like it….

PROS: $22 shipped cost, ability to take AA/18650/22650 batteries, I like the beam (once I adjusted the connections in head), head area has lots of aluminum mass for good heat sink.

CONS: Flashy modes, low not low enough (as usual), AA battery carrier option too loose (when light is jostled the modes change!), protected 18650 batteries too long and cannot tighten up tail or head to body well, the switch is way too sensitive!

I think mine reached Customs in NYC yesterday, went to a sorting center ~8 miles away today, probably go 40 miles away for more sorting tomorrow.