Groupbuy: XINTD X3 for 24,99 available AGAIN!!

Mine has the same issue with the crappy AA carrier. Crappy is fine, that’s what I knew I was paying for, but it should be functional. :frowning:

Hi wylde21
Can you take some pictures of that and post it on this thread, so that we can show your pictures and the feedbacks to the supplier, to let them check and solve this problem.

Thank you for your supporting and sorry that had troubled you, hope we can make it well for everyone here :slight_smile:

Exactly what would you like pictures of? none of the issues I described would be clearer with photos; except possibly the protected Panasonic 18650 battery being too long to allow fully threading closed the head and tail-cap assemblies to the battery section….but you do not need a photo to understand that issue.

To be clear: I am not blaming Gearbest, the seller, for any issues I describe. The issues I have had are all related to the flashlight designed/manufacturer. I understand that many others of BLF have had issues with Gearbest but so far (cross my fingers and toes) I have had all of my Gearbest orders go through with no delivery issues.

Hi wylde21

Thx for your fast repply, we know that you’re not complain with us Gearbest (thanks for your understanding also), but we want to try our best to offer better products for you here, so we asked you to post some pictures so that we can show the pictures to supplier, and make them to improve this product.
Again thank you for supporting us :slight_smile:

CSgearbest, there is nothing wrong with Wylde21’s light, just some things he is not fond of. There is plenty of discussion on this light.

1. It’s a 2 mode driver, he can switch it to the other mode.
  2. The carrier has been discussed, we knew it was coming with the cheap carrier, the better carrier is $4 more, why even use the carrier, use a lithium ion for full power.
  3. Mode not low enough, same driver that come’s with all X3s, that’s just his personal preference.
  4. Not long enough to take protected batteries, also widely know issue with the X3, XinTD really needs to change this.

The light is a hell of a steal for $25, nothing wrong with the light.

I agree with you.

The quality has been discussed (cheap plastic, high resistance). That is not the big deal. I’d be fine with it if it actually functioned.

The issue is that the carrier is not long enough to maintain contact with both the tailcap spring and the driver spring. Any slight movement will cause a disconnect and a mode switch. I was using it outside and aimed it at the ground and the light completely shut off. That is how short/mismatched/Low QC the AA carrier is.

Geez enough with the carrier already, this is a 26650 light for cryin’ out loud.

While it does run on 26650 and 18650 (unprotected), it should also run on 3AA especially considering the battery tube is specifically made wide enough for a 3AA carrier.

I’ve got 40 or 50 other 18650/26650 flashlights, but very few AA/AAA options. That’s the primary reason why I bought the X3.

If we could just get a source for a 3AA carrier that will actually function in the XinTD X3 I would be ecstatic. I’d happily shell out the cash, and be able to overlook the QC issues in my X3.

Maybe GearBest can source a better carrier for a discount before this promotion ends. That way everybody is happy.

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/3A1aMPND

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/DgMeIHsa

Just waiting to be made.

Edit. Sorry guys. Apparently this light needs a AAA battery holder. The parts linked are for a AA battery holder. My bad.

Its the correct parts guys. Post up your creations. I'm building a 4 x AA one at the moment and the parts are first class.

Looking for some help. I’m pretty new to all this and an looking at this vs the x6 GB. Which one would be better for anoob who probably won’t be modding it anytime soon? Thanks for the help

Get both :bigsmile:

I would choose this one over the X6, probably has a little better machining(a guess), excellent head design, stainless bezel, and an excellent reflector. Only downside is it can’t take protected batteries.

Got mine yesterday … Good quality… not going to use the AA holder … got a protected 18650 in there w/ no probs … going to have to fab a custom sleeve to use it w/ 26650s tho . Overall pleased. Nice gunmetal color :slight_smile: Thanx Gearbest. It arrived sooner than I thought it would :wink:

Good info! Thanks for that !!!

To reiterate, the X3 is well known to have 67 cm max support for cells. On the IOS X3 page listing, they clearly state it next to the battery support info. I can't find mention of it on the GearBest X3 page listing.

It should have been clearly stated in the OP here as well. Too late now - I, like many, assumed this was well known. It is asked right away in Post #1 and answered by a member - should have put into the OP at that point and requested of GearBest to update their page then.

GearBest - please indicate the restricted battery sizes, please...

I updated the op…

I guess all those above who talk about an AA carrier really mean AAA carrier??? The carrier MRsDNF mentions in #394 is triple AA and is 32mm diameter.

Ooops, my mistake, this light is indeed suitable for three AA, should have shut up, sorry