Guess s1mp13m4n's Anonymous Friend and Win an Ultrafire UF-T50

Fun for me and the community! Hope people enjoyed the intrigue and something different!

DJIA closed at 12,454.83. $50!!! wooHOo!!

my official vote is for Foy.

ChicagoX. Final answer!

Boaz, only answer.

My guesses in no particular order.

Chicago X, dthrckt, Don, Mr.BrightLights, agedbriar.

I will choose strategically and thus leave Chicago X and Don out. For the remaining three... I eliminate agedbriar from the list. I'm 50/50 between dthrckt and Mr.BrightLights. Hmm.... I choose Mr. Brightlights as my final vote. Go big or go home. =)

This thread was fun and congratulations Shadow for the creative giveaway and of course for being the goofy nut sending our friend an amazing set of lights.

And the prize is great too!

edit: changing my vote to dthrckt. =) My vote is back to Mr.BrightLights.

since i was first to guess ChiX and we know its him do i get 2 entries

If I haven't missed the deadline, my guess is Don, with a Stateside sidekick, obviously. But I'm far from confident..

I really want to go with an unknown but it seems to be shaking out to just a few probable choices, with Chi-X and Boaz being the most likely candidates. Either that or it's someone completely random and it's a crapshoot.

Chi-X almost seems too obvious. He also seems to be too much of a favorite and thus it would come down to a typical random drawing since there are so many members who picked him. It's sort of the same with my pick, as well, so this isn't for the win. It's just for fun

I'll go with Boaz being The Shadow and post my TOP FOUR reasons closer to when the contest ends

Deadline is 9PM EST tonight.

Thanks Shadow. Tbh, I wasn't sure what 'EST' stands for. Easten Standard Time, eh? Hmm.. Would a Scot set a deadline in US time? Might Don be that crafty? I'm wavering again now..

How this will end.

At 9PM EST (4 hours from now) I will select a winner in accordance with the rules in the OP. I will PM the winner who must promise to only disclose that they received what was promised (the light and $50). There will be a few other admin details too, like making sure they give the correct address, how they want it sent, etc. (OK I may have a touch of OCD which is probably why I'm into flashlights in the first place ) Anyway, if they agree I'll announce the winner. If not, I'll select another winner until someone does agree. Then after the winner's received "the goods" they will post here to confirm that this has been legit, and we're done

If you announce the winner, won't that automatically disclose who the Shadow is based on the winners post in this thread???

You'll have to tune in to find out

It's Chicago X. Must be.

Coffee time, gotta stay awake! 8)

My vote's for PilotPTK. I'll tell you why later :). Have a great weekend.

Looks like there will be 50 in the battery tube. :)

My Top Four reasons for choosing Boaz:

1.) He has previously referenced a Twilight Zone episode and posted a Youtube clip (I don't think anyone else has)

2.) He has previously, and recently, used the same "Happy Birthday" image for Don

3.) He generally doesn't put much effort in grammar and sentence structure, but he has once in a while. Maybe he's trying hard to make his posts seem very unBoaz-like 8)

4.) The use of the remark "Infantile troll" really stuck out to me. At least a few members know how easy it is for Boaz to use colorful language for someone he disagrees with (usually in PM)

However, these could simply be coincidences and/or the author is just that clever :bigsmile:

So? Has the winner been pm'ed?

And it's confirmed 50 bucks in the battery tube.