Guide: how to flash ATtiny13a based drivers (NANJG, QLITE, etc.) with custom firmware

don’t remember exactly which one but I think it was about Nanjg based drivers.

Wanna thank everyone that contributed to this thread!
Flashed my first tiny13a today and was successful on the very first try.
Flashed from cmd, on a win10 ×64 using warhawk instructions and RMM bat file.
Used gchart ramping_ui on an old 105D. Pretty cool ckicky UI.

First try? Well done! :+1:

Yes sir! Didn’t even have the clip backward…
and thank you for sharing code. I like that one.

I did, but I’m not sure if I worded it properly and he understood what I was telling him about…

(sorry for my writing, which has been a bit confusing, but to make it clearer:

- my Convoy S2+ Desert Sand = bought directly from Convoy AliExpress sometime September 2017 = pre-installed Biscotti with too fast timing

- my Convoy C8 Clear XP-L Hi = bought from Banggood sometime September 2017 = pre-installed Biscotti with normal timing

• my (not-yet-arrived) Convoy S2+ and Convoy C8 (just generic ones with old firmware 5/3-mode groups, according to product description) ordered from recent GearBest flash sale, still waiting for them to arrive, was planning to use these for experimenting with firmware flashing

Actually, you’ve been quite helpful already.

Nice work vwpieces. :slight_smile:

Thanks Mr.Moose

Just did crescendo on the 105D earlier. Took 3 tries but now I can spell crescendo. cmd needs spell check :person_facepalming:

i am having trouble
i am having an arduino r3, i already uploaded “arduino as ISP” sketch to the uno;
i connect that arduino uno to attiny 13, all pin is connected correctly
i use avrdude that came with arduino ide
when i type “.\avrdude -p t13 -c arduino -n -P COM6”, this is the result

i dont know what is the problem, my guess is somehow the avrdude read the signature of the atmega328 on uno, not the attiny 13 i hooked to arduino uno
can someone help me, already did some research on Google, no help

For ATTiny13a shouldn’t you be using MicroCore by MCUdude?

Im sorry, i dont know what you’re talking about, i have just download biscotti.hex from repo, now i planning to flash it to the attiny by avrdude

If you have the Biscotti.c file then you can upload it to your ATTiny13a via Arduino IDE without avrdude.

i have to add the atiny board for arduino ide(which i dont want)
I want to use avrdude which is included with arduino Id
But if i cant make it work, i will do what you suggested

it has only 2 steps and will only take less than 1 minute to add a new board.

just type in board URL in Preferences> Additioanl board URL -> https://mcudude.github.io/MicroCore/package_MCUdude_MicroCore_index.json

Go to Tools>Boards->Board manager, select the MicroCore and install

DONE

Thank you
But now i am not on PC
Will do tomorow

When I connect my USBASP to the machine with clip connected to the MCU, it doesn’t work; the led on USBASP doesn’t light up and I don’t see anything appearing in dmesg.
When I plug it in with just the clip it’s OK.
What can be wrong?

That sounds like you are not connecting the clip to the MCU in the correct orientation. Have pictures? One time I connected the clip to the MCU 180 degrees out and what you describe is what happened.

Thank you, I reversed the clip and now the computer sees it.
But now I receive the following:

So I checked connections, they look fine to me.
I re-connected the clip a couple of times to learn if there was some problem. It didn’t help.
I tried first connecting USBASP to the PC and then clipping it the way I thought was correct. It went dark like before.
I will post pics when I can, hopefully tomorrow.

Don’t worry about that “sck period” stuff. I don’t recall what it’s all about but you will be able to flash with no issues. I always run that test command after clipping to a chip. That way I know it is okay.

@Agro, I saw you’re trying to flash the Convoy stock driver in the other thread. If that’s the case, you may have to check if pin 5 of the MCU is connected to ground, you need to cut this connection before you can flash the MCU. This condition shows “initialization failed, rc=–1” message also. They use different types of stock drivers and some of them have this problem.

Picture(s) or just links showing what and where to cut would be very helpful. I have some spare stock drivers and I’d like to flash them, too.