Guns you regret buying

Yup. Have a 10/22 and a Browning buckmark 22 currently (might technically be my Dads, but I digress…). Do the trick. The “tactical” style plinkers are just kinda neat cause of the form factor. Toys really.

Totally with you there! LOVE 1911s! I griped about the Glock grip angle to a buddy of mine that loves em and he looked at me like I was retarded. I knew I was not the only one.

Absolutely man. Good advice. Could go a step further and say, ideally, I’d like to shoot before buying (rental, friends, whatever). Unfortunately, thats not always possible. Take the CZ P07 for example - not commonly rented at ranges like Glocks and Sigs etc.

It is. I have actualy seen brass marked .357 sig reloaded for .40…. a tad dangerous as you are stretching the neck of the cartridge too much.

that goes, BANG!!!..……… 8)

They’ve purty much have saved me from expensive headaches.

i have a tz 75 in 9mm that i wouldnt trade for anything. its my goto gun. it is a clone of the cz 75, which is a clone of a 1911……
the cz 75s have a very loyal following, and are known to be a good gun. havent done a search, but if that cz is based off the cz 75, then its most likely a pretty good gun.
now depending who you talk to, they may not agree. alot of people hear an import name and say its junk hands down. same thing with car guys.

btw, for cars, i only buy imports. my dad hates it when i go over and pull in with a new IMPORT hahahahaha

Love Sigs too. That 357 sig is a hot one for sure.

Glad to hear you had good experience with your buddys 2022 Oatmeal. Sounds similar to much of what is online. Seems like a hard one to beat for the cash. Then I would need a Mosquito to match haha it never ends does it?

The CZ is still on my list because I like the CZ brand (notice a common theme here? sig, cz = both heavily 1911 inspired) and the P07 is a bit of a new direction for them. Supposedly a very nice shooter with a nice trigger stock. I need to check one out in person.

Hi-point 9mm it was a piece of crap

You have good taste. :slight_smile: CZ 75s kick ass. Anyone that says otherwise is simply ignorant. It’s gotta be up there with the 1911 as most common combat sidearms of all time. That says a lot.

The P07 DUTY is a new school polymer model from CZ. Kinda their competitor to Glocks and S&W M&Ps. Supposedly issued to some foreign police and militaries, so there’s that. It’s newish, so not on par with the 75. Hard to compare the two. Supposedly shoots like a CZ though.

Funny you mention the imports. I am a european car fanatic. Love european arms as well. It’s all internal combustion, right? Too bad both the cars and guns can be damn pricey. I can not afford HKs and FNs right now.

And CZ clones…. well…. I came across the EAA SAR B6. Can be had for low $200s [!] if you find a deal. Supposedly a licensed CZ75 clone. Some good reviews online. I’m sure the Sig 2022 is a better gun, but for a tad over $200, shit. Why not?

:open_mouth: damn man thats not good

People tend to be very brand myopic about firearms… I have a Taurus pt92 (Beretta clone) and the Taurus shoots great but people get all butt-hurt because it is not a “real” beretta. People tend to think that because it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg that it must be no good… this is not the truth with some firearms.

As far as 1911’s go, I have a Colt Delta Elite (10mm) that my dad gave me a while back and it is a very fun gun to shoot! My 1911 inspired HK 45 is my go to in terms of pistols. I have put over 5000 rounds through it in the last 4 years (it is one solid puppy)!

the tz 75 is italian made by tanfoglio, it was replaced by the witness. the tz 75 had problems with the frames cracking. my uncle bought 2 in early 80s, and when i was old enough he sold me one for $100. never had a problem with it
mine was imported by fie. late 80s eaa got import rights or whatever and the style changed a little, i think mid 90s(?) they changed it to witness

my favorite thing with it is that it has no grip safety, and gotta love double stacks

edit: also i have put about every type of 9mm round imaginable threw it, from fmj to full lead hollow points with no jacket… does not jam, a few FTE now and then, but i have a lot of OLD reloads that i shoot while plinking and its only shooting them i get the FTE

Guns are evil. You're all going to hell.

yay!!! S)

just hope you dont make it in office lol

I made a mistake in getting into 7.62 with a VZ-58. I did a lot of research into the gun, online, so much that I decided to buy it before laying hands on it.

It’s an amazingly elegant piece of machinery but I could never make it comfortable. As a result I hardly used it; ashamed to report I never got even half-to-halfway decent.

Fell on an unforeseen expense and had to liquidate it quick. They offered me $150 at a brick & mortar store and wouldn’t budge. I sold it to a sales guy F2F in in the parking lot for $300 cash. Semi-unusual guns are great until you need to move them fast!

Won’t let my engineering infatuation lead me into buying something I’m not sure I like to shoot, ever again.

Seconding Tactical Oatmeal here (great name btw) on friends and range time….

I think you are kidding, but just in case… HAHAHAHAHA, you know they are inanimate objects, right?

im assuming too… but they may not be.

if not, say you opened up a shed, and there was a gun propped up in the corner, and a rabid squirrel in the doorway. which would you run from?

easy, the rabid squirrel… he would go after my nuts… :bigsmile:

Neither, inanimate objects can’t hurt you by themselves and (and this may explain a lot of my behavior… jk) I have had rabies shots in RL , so I’m good for like another five years with regard to wrestling rabid squirrels. Longer if I get a boaster. A funny true story that I will save for another time so as to not take this thread off course. (I’m trying to turn over a new leaf)

BTW, you don’t get shots in your stomach, you get most of it where the bite occurred and the rest in your upper arm over the course of three weeks or so.

LOL!

LMAO! Sorry Gents.... I'm just in that kind of mood.

Haterade,

To get back on topic, here's the ones I regret:

- Anything by Keltec. P32, PF9, PMR30, SU-16C (ones I've had so far). No major issues with any of them, but it came down to I just didn't like the way they shot, felt in hand, or accuracy. A lot of folks swear by them.

- Any snub .357 - I've tried a few over the years, and hate them all. I'm not a small guy, but I'm not ashamed to admit the sheer pain involved with full house loads was too much for me. Hell, I'd shoot the DE .50ae all day long before I'd put a cylinder full through one of those. Then why don't I stick to lighter loads like .38 +P's? I do...out of a S&W 642. Why carry the extra weight of a magnum if it's not needed. On top of that, I also put quite a few of those rounds over a chrono - not enough difference from that wee barrel to justify the extra noise/flash/recoil.

-NAA mini revolver (standard short barrel .22LR). Cute as hell, but I would have a hard time hitting a 2 liter bottle < 2m away.

The following are what I have on CCW rotation duty (depending on dress/weather).

* Kimber Custom SS .45acp

* Caracal 9C

* S&W 642

* And when it's really hot outside, a NAA Black Widow (x1000 better than the standard offering).

I'm still under 2k rounds through the Caracal (so far so good), but the others have proven their worth as dependable, and I bet my life on them (yes, even the little .22 Black Widow)

Recommendations for you;

9mm

- The afformentioned Caracal. If you can get over the looks, it's heads better than the Glocks I've owned. Accurate, reliable, and the stock trigger puts almost every other stricker fired pistol to shame.

- CZ75 / Browning Hi-power. As mentioned above, an excellent choice. I don't own one, but a good friend of mine does and I shoot it when I'm at the range every chance I get. Now that I'm typing this I don't know why I haven't purchased one yet. Heading over to gunbroker after this....

.22 pistol/rifle

- Since you already have a 10/22 and a buckmark I'd say you have this catagory covered. But, I'd add to that a good bolt action .22. I have 3 very old Remington Model 10's that I picked up over the years very cheap, and the accuracy they have still impresses me (with the right round).

- Ruger SR22 Pistol. I just bought one of these off of armslist.com a few weeks ago. So far it's lived up to it's hype! That is, it'll eat anything and is very reliable. One thing the reviews pointed out was that accuracy wasn't as good as hoped. I found the same thing at the range until I was playing with the rear sight. What I found was quite a bit of extra slop in the stock windage adjustment. Once that was taken care of, it'll shoot as well as I can.

.308 rifle

- So many choices here it's painful. Try and find a good used Remington 700 or Savage 110. The newer ones with the accu-trigger are amazing. Either pony up for a billit pillar bedded stock or glass bed the factory one. Plan on spending as much if not more for a good scope. Never skimp on glass.

Shotgun

- Mossberg 500 or Remington 870. No surprises here. Cheap and work well.

Now the question everyone likes to ask, and one which gives me the cold shakes, is if you only had to have one, what would it be.... My answer is:

Freedom Arms Model 97 Premium chambered in .44spl.

God I love guns.

Amen :)

why the kimber custom? i used to stop in to kittery trading post once a week or so to drool over one. i had the money then, and if i just put it on layaway and paid a couple hundred each tim ei stopped i could have owned it…

edit: missed the sentence right above it…