H1, H2, H3 or other for 219b or 519a for close work?

Well, not close really, but 42”. Long story, but I need an L-shape light to mount high on the opposite wall of a short unlit hallway, 42” across from a painting. to be used about 4-5 hours each night, then recharged once a week.

Two lights really, a pair. I had it narrowed down to Convoy H1, one in 519a 3000K, the other in 519a 4500K. I could then use the ramping mode to adjust output… maybe 20lm of 4500k, and 30lm of 3000K, or whatever looked best in combination. Don’t need more than 50lm to light the painting. Or one lamp could be 519a, the other 219b.

But then I thought… what about 21700 battery, then I could recharge every 10 days or so, more convenient.

I see Convoy H3. But they’re closed and I don’t know details… for example, is there a TIR lens for the H3? If not, at 42”, I don’t think the beam will spread far enough.

Any other lamp out there in 21700 that has either 219b, 519a, or GT FC40, where i can order in 4500K and 3000K, that has a TIR lens? It also has to have ramping… most lights don’t have 20lm - 30lm in stepped mode.

PS. Does the Fireflylite PL47G2 have ramping or is it only stepped, and what is a “TSL” battery that it comes with? Do you think the beam spread would be right for 42” away from a painting?

Thanks.

https://1lumen.com/review/fireflies-pl47mu/ Most recently there was a $33 promotion for version 219b on their new site. You seem to be a little late.

42” (approx. 1m) wide hallway, how tall/wide is the painting? Just getting an idea of beam angle/spread required.

You need lux on the painting rather than output lumens- a floodlight needs more lumens to achieve the required lux (brightness) than a more throwy light. I suspect at 1m, unless painting very small, you’ll need particularly floody lights…

Kos70 — sure looks like the mule’s beam would work better in my space than the g2.

— right now, as an experiment, I’m using the LH351D at 5000k with TIR lens on the Sofirn HS20 headlamp at the 40lm setting. The painting itself is approx 26“tall x 34“wide, frame has been removed. current beam coverage is perfect, but color temperature is way too high. Center of painting is 60” from ground. HS20 is mounted at 80” high currently.

I have Convoy H2 with 219b 4500k and 3500k. Love it but in this host+LED combination it’s a throwy beam. Absolutely wonderful for my evening walk but IMHO not good for close work.

The one that seems to meet your requirement is Skilhunt H04 with 519a High CRI. I love this one also even though it’s on the expensive side @ around $45. Comes with wonderful headband and has very convenient, if proprietary, magnetic charging. Has LED options where I chose 519a High CRI; its CCT turns out to be around 4200k. Has optic/lens options and I chose the most throwy H04R but you could pick the more floody ones, H04 TIR Optic or H04F. The beam color of 519a is more golden/yellow vs Convoy H2 219b 4500k more rosy/white; so this is an important decision. No wrong or right - personal preference.

Convoy H3 uses 21700 IIRC. I don’t recommend 21700 battery for headlamp because the light becomes too heavy but of course for your use it’s ok. Convoy H1 does not have on board charger IIRC, if that’s important to you. For both H1 and H2, if the optic is the same as my H2, it would be on the throwy side. 519a a larger LED is more floody than 219b but still, I think the combination of SMO reflector with 519a might be too throwy (I don’t know for sure). All IMHO/hope this helps.

It does help.

I’ve already got in my Ali Express cart a single slot charger (will get 2) Liitokala Lii100c that allows me to choose 1amp, 2amp, or it’s software automatically picks 0.5amp if it sees non Lithium Ion batteries.

Even though the Convoy store is down, I find in other places that H1 has a TIR lens option, and seems, at least per reviews on the store site, to have recently been sold in 519a in 4500K and 3000K, and I thought using two H1, one with each temperature, would allow me to ramp each to mix as it looks best to me. Plus, unless I misunderstood, using two temps mixed will slightly move the 519a’s combined tone from right on top of, to slightly below the DUV line, which to me would be positive.

I’m hoping the H3 could be custom ordered with TIR lens so I could do the same 519a combination, and have to charge batteries less often.