HaikeLite MT03 & MT07 Group-buy Closed

The 2S2P will work on one pair of cells, so if you have a tail that looks like below, remove one pair, either the two top, or two bottom cells and see if it still works. If it does, it's 2S2P.

I haven't seen the 4S setup so not sure how it looks, but below is the 2S2P version.

The 4S setup is: negative, positive, negative, positive, going around the clock. Doesn’t seem right to me, I though on 4S all the positive shound be on one end and all the negative should be on the other.

Got my refund on the batteries they didn’t ship.

Posted this a couple weeks back:

The 2s2p is on the left, 4S on right.

My 4S MT07 NW has similar numbers to mhanlen’s 2S2P MT07 NW.

My MT03 was 2S2P NW instead of the 4S I ordered.

Perhaps the question is what’s going to happen if you have a 2S2P carrier, but 4S driver, or the other way around, regardless of which version you have ordered. Is there a possibility that you get about half the max output? Unlikely that the light is going to work at all, but who knows… I think this is the reason T18 wants to know how you can tell which driver is installed.

Their 4S looks like this,
So I suppose if even in this 4S configuration if I just install two cells and they light works then I have a 2S2P driver…? I think that would solve the driver question wouldn’t it? Because 4S shouldn’t run the light with 2 cells, correct?

Yes, exactly but I may have answered my own question, if I have a 2S2P driver and not the 4S I should have then I should be able to put in two cells and it should work OK and if I have the correct driver then 2 cells won’t work at all…??? Geez, why are we even having to wonder about all this?

I have the 4S NW version of MT03. Compared to my TN36 NW, it is brighter. So, I guess 7500 sounds about right. The only problem is the tint is too yellow (with a bit of green). I like the tint of TN36 much better. However, the color does pop out more with the MT03. So, I guess the 80CRI is real.

For 4S you have to stack the 4 cells on top of each other = 16.8 volts —with all the pos facing one way you are making a 4P configuration = 4.2 volts— the carrier is setup right, with the battery tube away from the head with cells in it—I’m getting 16.6 volts —to me if my driver was a 2S2P setup I would burn it up—- after the holidays I’m going to start checking this out —not sure if the LEDs are still in parallel or series —before it’s over with there will be some sort of MTN driver in one or both of these lights

Yes Chops you are right and I sort of just figured that out to a certain extent,
I inserted my cells and took a volt reading and got 16.68volts, which would be 4.17v per cell, but then as I was removing 2 cells it dawned on me that in the current configuration I should not be able to get any voltage reading off the carrier which I didn’t of course, so I guess I would need a bench top power supply to be testing the lower voltages directly to the driver which I don’t have, I do suppose I could make a pair in series and test the driver that way to see if it would make any light at all, but…. ha ha, just ridiculous to have to even be thinking about this, or worrying about whether Haike got the right driver in the right light,
I have been looking at Texas Ave drivers with the E switch, but need an expert for sure to install something like that for me,

Even better prices!

https://www.taschenlampen-shop.com/taschenlampen/haikelite/

Right, I was thinking about 4P, my bad.

Just tested out with the app you mentioned, with Convoy L6 it’s at 370lux on turbo on a ceiling bounce test and 555 lux on mt03 on turbo. Base on my calculation, my mt03 turbo is at 5700 lumen at best. Anybody got PM from Alva on how we gonna resolve this issue? Alva still haven’t really answer my question via PM.

Anyone have ideas on driver replacements or at least resistor mods?

I just downloaded the lux meter app and tried comparing it to my CW Convoy L6. My L6 got a 660 and the MT03 got a 732, meaning only about 10% brighter! WTF! I’m pretty sure I got a dud! I’m hoping the manufacturer can chime in eventually and let us know what’s going on, as I either want a new light or a refund, as I never would have purchased this if I knew it was around 4000 lumens on turbo for 5 minutes and then drops down to 2000 for 2 hours. Why would I do that when I already had an L6 that can run on turbo non stop for almost an hour and a half???

I just downloaded the lux meter app and tried comparing it to my CW Convoy L6. My L6 got a 660 and the MT03 got a 732, meaning only about 10% brighter! WTF! I’m pretty sure I got a dud! I’m hoping the manufacturer can chime in eventually and let us know what’s going on, as I either want a new light or a refund, as I never would have purchased this if I knew it was around 4000 lumens on turbo for 5 minutes and then drops down to 2000 for 2 hours. Why would I do that when I already had an L6 that can run on turbo non stop for almost an hour and a half???

Update:
After cycling the batteries, tightening all the loose connections and adding another screw to hold down the LED DTP base, I ran a comparison between my old triple and the MT07. I confirmed that mine is delivering 16+ volts to the head so it is in series.

I downloaded a lux meter app for my android phone. I did a ceiling bounce test. My 1500 lumen triple xml read about 132k lux. The MT07 read 235k lux. Since the MT07 was advertised as 4500 lumens, I would have expected readings to be around 3X the older triple light. So at less than double I think 3500 lumen for my MT07 is a reasonable assumption. Is this a fair assumption for those with more knowledge than me?

The MT07 seems a little brighter than my initial impression; this maybe related to what I did above. Lastly, the light for the power/mode buttons finally lit up. Mine is a red light like the preview, not the blue others report or noted by Haikelite.

I would strongly recommend NOT to use or rely on any Android lux meter app on your smartphone ! They are totally unreliable and even small misalignments can have negative effects. It heavily depends on the actual sensor module you have in your phone but they are all more or less rubbish.
K.

+1

I suspect they are rough estimates at best but unfortunately the only thing I can measure with. I was aiming for relative comparison between two lights. Maybe one day I’ll invest in a sphere.

My L6 gets 280 lux on my ceiling bounce test and my MT03 gets 680 lux holding the light at the same hight with the lux meter in the same position. With only 2 cells running the MT03 was getting around 460 lux.

Can some one do a amperage reading on the 4s MT03 please?