HaikeLite MT03 & MT07 Group-buy Closed

Thank you T18, Let’s hope it will arrive soon.

I am very curious about the differences between these two.

T18,

Now I’m even more excited for mine! Did the issue with the two middle modes being nearly identical?
I gotta tell you, I’m really impressed that Haikelite came through for us, as I kinda figured they were gonna run and hide on this site after the GB didn’t go very well.Props!

Yes, the modes are real nice and today first thing when I got up was to start looking at these lights again, of course flashaholic waiting for the coffee and now with new fresh eyes, excitement and relief back to normal ha ha, so now able to really more clearly look at everything if that makes any sense,
One thing I was thinking was that if this is exactly the same driver, which I don’t believe it is, than that 4S was a bigger deal than I ever thought, this light is really nice and dollar wise it’s a bargain.
Looking at the modes today and without writing a complete review, you have from off a press and hold long click to enter a low low low mode, then click out and off.
From off a quick click will enter low low and then pressing and holding you’ll cycle through 5 forward modes up to turbo and you can stop at any mode and double click to turbo and then click back to last mode, or double click from off into turbo, it’s darn nice.
Funny thing is that if I had my way I’d like to have the ability to have walk back in the modes like TK’s bistro and that, that got me really spoiled and is my favorite UI, but this is no cheap worthless UI at all.
When you consider what we had you will be thrilled, I’d bet my life on that, unless you get another dud… ha ha ha, I know, not funny…
I’m happy, real happy, I just sort of wish they would have gotten the lights shipped right and sent me my MT07 and not 2 MT03’s but if you think I’m going to complain then your crazy, I am just so happy to have got through this mess with my hide in tact and two lights regardless that work beautifully, like I’ve said it’s like night and day difference.
Big deals to me were first a working light of course, but then I told Alva everything that I saw that had to be changed or they should just get out of the flashlight game, one that old switch, there was hardly anyway to double click that piece of mush switch, and second was the battery tube, it was to darn short and needed to be at minimum 2mm longer, I sent pics of how the springs had dented in the negative ends of some brand new VTC5’s and well I laid a list of at least 10 things wrong with number one being QA, those lights were so bad, these lights are unbelievable and really glad to see the changes, first thing you’ll notice is the ano and the threads, mine were really well lubed and nice, look at those pics of the threads and you’ll see the difference from the old to this new light, big difference.
You won’t be disappointed or I’d be surprised if anyone was after what we’ve been through.

Dude, I just got my MT03 in the mail today, and all I can say is WOW!!! TM18, You weren’t kidding, this thing is awesome! The switch is 100x better, all of the modes are now well spaced, and the low mode is so low my light meter couldn’t even detect it!
Speaking of output, I definitely received a dud the first time, cause this one is unfreaking real! I did a ceiling bounce to test it (because it’s too bright for my lightbox, lol) and compared it to my Convoy L6. The L6 scored a 12.5 on turbo and the MT03 scored a 40.2!!! I couldn’t even believe how much brighter it was than the L6! This thing is a legit confirmed 10,000 out the front lumens on turbo.
I want to thank Haikelite for really coming through with this light! I couldn’t be happier, and I can’t wait for it to be dark tonight! lol

Ha Ha Ha, I was sitting here reading your post with the biggest grin on my face, you made my day.
I told you the truth but still seeing is believing, it is as I said like night and day difference in everything frankly, but that old switch really did piss me off, the new threads and larger battery tube are huge differences .
Ano is better to boot. They’ve come a long way from that crap lights we got the first time.
One thing I’ve noticed is don’t wait for those battery remaining percentage lights, the blue red switch LEDs stuff, it’s off or so I have seen, ran batteries down and was checking it with a ZTS pulse load on my cells and a DMM and it’s off or not right anyhow, but if that’s all that not working right big deal, just use it like a regular light and you’ll notice when it starts to dim that the cells are getting low,
Fresh cells kicks some ass for sure. You will hurt your eyes if your white wall bouncing it. My cats hauled ass…
Best news I’ve had in a long time on this thread … Great for you adriondackdestroyer…!!

LOL, I knew you’d be happy to hear that other members are just as happy as you are with it! This light was an unreal bargain for what we paid! This is the ultimate compliment, I showed it to a buddy of mine who thinks I’m insane for “collecting” flashlights, and I turned it on Turbo, and he goes “WTF!”…. keep in mind he’s seen all of my other lights including the L6, and was floored by the output of this, especially given it’s small size.

[quote=T18]

Maybe Haikelite could start the GB over again, since the members here did all the testing and trouble shooting for them. How are the threads? Did they fix the machining on them?

Hey Robert I posted some OK pics up a bit and you can see the square threads next to the old threads and it’s a huge difference.
And adirondackdestroyer you can bet I’m happy to see others in this GB start to get their replacements, a bargain for real, and quit frankly this light really needs to be reviewed again, as it is now.

Guess you guys are the lucky ones. My MT03 4S was unimpressive compared to the L6 and I was offered parts for dyi or send it to some random person to fix. Neither were acceptable options to me and they’ve been silent ever since. If I had known this was going to be L6 level output for double the price, I wouldn’t have bothered. Also the outside of the tailcap is sharp as heck! Got a nice slice on my finger when I first tried to remove and put it back on.

KuoH

Hmm, feel a bit cheated. Everyone else getting new lights, they’re just sending me drivers and battery plates. Anyway, will still be an improvement, even though it’s not the 4S as advertised.

My thoughts exactly,but I do this to build lights and improve where I can—Not just to buy them

I am in the same boat. With a fake original tracking number on my original poorly working light, and after specifically asking for real tracking, I got another totally fake tracking number on these parts, but am hopeful a solution is coming. I think it will. Am waiting and will see. Not really impressed so far.

I hear ya. Not sweating it really, with the drivers/plates they should perform pretty good for the price paid in the group buy. Sure wouldn’t have turned down the better switch, threads and anodizing on a new one though, lol.

I’ve had an offer to send out a driver and battery plate but that soldering is beyond me. I responded with that and am still waiting for a reply.

I completely agree. This light is now on par with any other light on the market in it’s class. All of the issues from our group buy models have been fixed, as V.2 has smooth threads, an amazing switch with great feedback and click, longer battery tube to accept a larger variety of 18650’s, perfect mode spacing, and maybe the lowest low on any high output light ever!
I can go on and on with how impressive this light is, but I would LOVE to see one of the reviewers on here get one of the V2 models and see what they think as well, as they have a more scientific approach than I do.

Has anyone else received their replacements yet? I was hoping that one of the top reviewers on here might get one and do a second review.

I havent even been able to get them to offer a replacement yet.

All of us reviewers put in heaps of work through emails and messages on here trying to iron out issues before the light was released.

Besides the output problem i feel the light was and is acceptable.

Especially when you consider the price. Price to performance is amazing even with the few issues it had. (not including the driver)

I agree. The build quality of the first was great, my only complaint was the lower than advertised output, and they corrected that with the second model, as well as updating the switch and output levels. For the $75 I paid, I feel like I got a bargain!

I agree. The build quality of the first was great, my only complaint was the lower than advertised output, and they corrected that with the second model, as well as updating the switch and output levels. For the $75 I paid, I feel like I got a bargain!