Haikelite Released New Light HT90 Spec 20k Lumens 650k Candela

Do you know anything about the UI or the batteries? I hope for a nice 4x 21700 ...

Not much of a improvement over the haikelite hk90 which did 18,000 and 750kcd.
We want more power please, give us 35,0000 and 650kcd

I kind of agree, but if this comes in significantly cheaper than the ~$300-350 HK90, then it could still be a winner. The GT9090 is a significantly cheaper LED than the SBT-90.

The HK90 tested lower than claims (all Haikelites tend to test at least a bit lower, which you probably knew), closer to 16,000 and 680kcd, and like instantly dropping to ~14k, then like a rock after about 10 seconds, down to ~3900 lumens at 30s.

This claims 20k lumens, but the one test I found of a GT9090 single-cell light showed ~4900 lumens at turn on, while an SBT90.2 in the same host tested at ~5100 lumens at turn on.

There’s 4x GT9090’s vs 3x SBT-90’s in the HK90, so it will probably be slightly brighter than the HK90, but I don’t think by much. 20K is plausible especially with 4x 21700s, but it’ll probably come in closer to ~18k. Given the HK90 throw wasn’t too far off spec, this could be close to its throw spec. The GT9090 throws ~90-93% as well as an SBT-90.

The HK90 also had a ~100mm bezel, and this has a 95mm bezel, so a smaller reflector, and with 4x LEDs it’s working with a less optimized reflector than 3x LEDs in the HK90.

But if this comes in closer to ~$100-150, it would be a real winner, with most of the HK90’s performance at 1/3 the price (that link in OP doesn’t work for me to check the price, I don’t have a taobao login). IF it can hold turbo for longer than 10 seconds, it also will make a strong argument for itself as the better light overall despite a bit less throw. Not using anduril is a good sign that it may perform better. Haikelites (and many high power lights) tend to sustain higher performance with their own UI instead of anduril.

The price is now- ¥ 1280.00-1330.00
Power is supplied by three 21700 cells

Beating the HK90 depends on a couple things. The UI is a big one and so is the driver. A buck driver with a high thermal ceiling would give good performance, way better than a stock HK90 with Anduril. It’s verified that these GT9090 LEDs do not perform as good as the real sbt90.2, but are within 95% (the Luminus products probably have a lower thermal resistance).
I have high hopes for this light. plus, at around $210 USD (from China based on the Yuan exchange) vs $280 USD for the HK90 it’s a very good deal. Neal may (probably) mark it up some, but if he can keep it under that $250-$280 price point, it will be a compelling alternative.

Ya, it is using 3x21700. So better stick with the Haikelite battery that claim to have 60A discharge current with lowest internal resistance. But the capacity is only 3000mAh. It suits me because I always top up batteries before night comes.

UI is ramping mode and step mode(4 levels). When flashlight is on, triple click to switch between these two modes.
Double click to Turbo.
Single click on, single click off.
Its Turbo might reset the memory and goes to highest 4th level. When going back from Turbo, it forgot the previous level. This is what I’ve observed in HK29. I think it is a defect or bad design. Unless Haikelite improve this in HT90.

I finally got my HT90 yesterday.

Too bad the performance is really not as good as expected. Really disappointed because HK29 performance is so good, so i thought it should be easy for HT90 to be able to get to 20k lm.

For the 4th level, with ceiling bounce and measure with handphone app, compared to HK29, I roughtly get 3200lm only for HT90, where the spec is 6000lm.
For Turbo and ceiling bounce, it is about 3.5x of 4th level, so it is roughly over 10k lm.
For candela, I don’t have equipment to measure. But it throws about as good as Convoy 4X18A SBT90.2. It should be around 300kcd only. Convoy L8 throw much better than both of them.

That means everything divide by two. I wonder it is reflector problem or the LED problem, might be both having problem.

I’ve contacted Haikelite. If it can be solved, I will feedback here. I give honest feedback, no hiding or sugarcoating of any bad performance of flashlight. Be careful of many affiliate “reviewer” here who got flashlight free or at special discount price.

Turbo mode will reset the memorized level. This is similar problem with HK29. I am okay with it as long as the output meet the manufacturer spec. But it is not.

[quote=DENGOH] Ieri ho finalmente ricevuto il mio HT90. Peccato che le prestazioni non siano davvero buone come ci si aspetta. Davvero deluso perché le prestazioni dell'HK29 sono così buone, quindi ho pensato che sarebbe stato facile per HT90 essere in grado di arrivare a 20k lm. Per il 4° livello, con il rimbalzo del soffitto e la misurazione con l'app del telefono, rispetto a HK29, ottengo all'incirca 3200lm solo per HT90, dove le specifiche sono 6000lm. Per il Turbo e il rimbalzo del soffitto, è circa 3,5 volte il 4° livello, quindi è all'incirca superiore a 10k lm. Per candela, non ho l'attrezzatura per misurare. Ma è buono come Convoy 4X18A SBT90.2. Dovrebbe essere solo di circa 300kcd. Il convoglio L8 lancia molto meglio di entrambi. Ciò significa che tutto è diviso per due. Mi chiedo che sia un problema con il riflettore o il problema con il LED, potrebbero essere entrambi problemi. Ho contattato Haikelite. Se può essere risolto, darò un feedback qui. Fornisco un feedback onesto, senza nascondere o ricoprire di zucchero le cattive prestazioni della torcia. Fai attenzione ai molti "revisori" affiliati qui che hanno ricevuto la torcia gratuitamente oa un prezzo speciale di sconto. La modalità Turbo ripristinerà il livello memorizzato. Questo è un problema simile con HK29. A me va bene purché l'output soddisfi le specifiche del produttore. Ma non lo è. [/quote]

Thanks for your honesty man, nowadays it is not easy to find reviews of honest people who tell the truth about real performance, just see the advertisement of how they present certain products, with cover numbers covering almost the entire page, it is really true that we live in the era of the image and not of the substance ... thanks again for your selfless work.

Dengoh if there were no problems with the flashlight this is really a big disappointment because it means that it would not reach but not even close to Haikelite's HK90.

Ya, I don’t have HK90, from what I have read, it is not close to HK90.
Smaller reflector could be the culprit.

It’s a beauty, really wish it can perform.

Any news on the HK 10?