Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

I filed my claim yesterday afternoon. This has definitely left a sour taste in my mouth for the brand… Terry, on the other hand, is just a joke.

The first red flag for me was actually a review he did of a light a while back where he was trying to show the beam but the smoke from his damn cigarette obscured half the video. I tried not to hold this lack of professionalism against him, it is apparent now that I should have gone with my gut.

Now I must decide what is next, I have been holding off on buying anything waiting for this one… MF02 or MF04…

Been there, done that.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted, oh well so I done it too…

But oh the irony…

Wow, I feel for everyone that’s involved in this

Tried fitting in a “Simpsons did it!”, but it didn’t fly.

I started my PayPal dispute yesterday. Hopefully its a clear cut case and they issue the refund quickly.

How expensive was the MT09R?

I just noticed Terry says on Facebook he had to repair 60 units, so the repair cost was $95 each???

mt09r group buy cost 105 and 125$.

oh boy this has gone sour too :zipper_mouth_face:

I’m wondering if the “warranty work” done by Terry was agreed upon in advance with Haikelite? Or did he just do the work on his own volition and then send them a bill?
Communication has not been Terry’s forte’ in these forums and in previous transactions, whether it’s been non-existent or incomprehensible, or as some have suggested, not exactly truthful.

It’s hard to believe that Haikelite would agree to $45 per hour in repair costs on a light they are making very little money on already.

Regardless of the truth there, I would be very upset if someone were holding my money hostage in an effort to strongarm their own business partner.

No, it’s not a typo it’s reality:
When a group buy went wrong it automatically turns into a group but.
:wink:

Received this PM from Haikelite:

Announcement regarding the Group Buy for the Haikelite SC26. You are receiving this because you posted that you pre-ordered a Haikelite SC26 from Terry White/Haikelite USA.

This group buy has fallen through and apparently will not be fulfilled. You are urged to read the posts at the SC26 group buy thread starting right here, Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed. - #568 by HaikeLite_Official

Corrective action may be necessary by filing a Paypal claim, or with your credit card bank. Which ever way you paid.

This message is only a notification to those who are unaware of what is going on with this group buy, and have not logged into your account in some time. Hopefully this PM notification finds it’s way to your email inbox.

I have no further information regarding this matter, and PM replies have been turn off. Please make all inquiries and questions in the Group Buy thread above, as the situation is still evolving. Other’s are there to help answer any questions.
This message is sent out by a concerned user and not BLF admin

^ Is this from member “HaikeLite Official” (=Dale) or a concerned user and not BLF admin?

This is the full text of the PM. I assume it is from Dale:

Between you and Haikelite
Haikelite 6:15 am

Delete Block

Announcement regarding the Group Buy for the Haikelite SC26. You are receiving this because you posted that you pre-ordered a Haikelite SC26 from Terry White/Haikelite USA.

This group buy has fallen through and apparently will not be fulfilled. You are urged to read the posts at the SC26 group buy thread starting right here, Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed. - #568 by HaikeLite_Official

Corrective action may be necessary by filing a Paypal claim, or with your credit card bank. Which ever way you paid.

This message is only a notification to those who are unaware of what is going on with this group buy, and have not logged into your account in some time. Hopefully this PM notification finds it’s way to your email inbox.

I have no further information regarding this matter, and PM replies have been turn off. Please make all inquiries and questions in the Group Buy thread above, as the situation is still evolving. Other’s are there to help answer any questions.
This message is sent out by a concerned user and not BLF admin
You can not reply to this conversation because all recipients are blocked.

Haikelite has disabled private message receiving.

It wasn’t from the official Haikelite account, but rather a concerned BLF user who wanted to alert some users that haven’t logged in to BLF recently because the 180 day PayPal window is getting close.

Nope, not from Dale, and not from me either. :innocent: But (s)he did contact me first, and it seemed like a reasonable measure to take at this stage.

I know that some people are probably waiting for me to take some kind of action. But as I said yesterday, I still don’t have any more accurate and complete information than you folks have. So as I said yesterday, I would appreciate some communication from Terry and Haikelight, and I’ll take it from there.

Ok, thanks SB

Also, in view of the exchange with a racial slur that was re-posted here (i.e. it was not originally posted on BLF), I would like to be perfectly clear that BLF condemns racism in all its forms, full stop. My apologies to any of our users in China or elsewhere that were rightfully offended by that. It was good to see how our users here denounced that kind of garbage.

Very sad. It looked like a very nice light. Since I already bought a few 26650 cells, I need something similar. The main reason for me buying this light was it’s size. Any advice for a similar light is appreciated.

That’s the thing. There are several other 26650 lights out there. However, currently there is no other 26350 light on the market, that I’m aware of. So, even with a refund, I’ve got a brand new cell that is basically useless, until some other company decides to make their own 26350 light.

I also want to be perfectly clear that I do not condone or defend in any way Mr. White's Facebook post containing the racial slur. I absolutely condemn it and am still at a loss for words to even describe my reaction to it. My only purpose in the posting of the screen capture is to bring information to the situation at hand.

Mods if you are so inclined, I will take down the capture if requested.