Harbor Freight Leatherman clone - 40 Bucks

You are gonna be blown away. Even the box is impressive. Super heavy duty.

I have to ask wht you folks ordered? Mine came a little while ago. It is a nice tool. But mine came in a blister pack…no heavy duty box. It also did not have any bits nor extra saw blades as pictured above.
I am not going to be bitching, considering the price (and it is a nice tool), but I am curious as to what I did differently to miss out on the other goodies.

If this is what you orderd and it came in a blister pack, return it.

ROCKTOL Multitool, 29-in-1 Multitool Pliers with Replaceable Wire Cutters and Saw, Heavy-duty Stainless Steel Multitool Set and Nylon Sheath for Camping Survival Gifts for Man Amazon.com

Sorry, somehow I got confused a bit. I ordered the Harbor Freight (HF) item as listed in the title of this thread.
I got it directly from them. With some coupons it was about $35 delivered. So yeah, we are talking about different tools.

BTW, the Rocktool that was $50 on amazon is now $80… Sigh… looks like I missed a good deal.
But I have to say the Harbor Freight tool is quite nice. The regular blade needs a bit of a touch up for sharpness. But it is well made. We will see how the steel is the first time I need to cut bailing wire or loosen a stubborn nut.

BTW, I don’t have a Wave, but I do have the Core. This HF tools seems to be nicely made. The Core is a bigger tool and has thicker gage steel used for it frame. Making it much heavier. From the video the frame of this HF tool is comparable to the Wave. Of course the old Core came with a very bice thick leather case. The HF one is some kind of heavy canvas. But it should be adequate.

Nice

I just purchased one on AliExpress. I applied a coupon code that populated in my account messages.

On AliExpress. Check it out! $60.14 9| ROCKTOL Multitool, 29-in-1 Multitool Pliers with Replaceable Wire Cutters and Saw, Heavy-duty Stainless Steel Multitool Set and 67.34€ 26% OFF|Rocktol Multi tool, 29 in 1 Multitool Zange mit austauschbaren Drahts ch neidern und Sägen, Hochleistungs Multitool Set aus Edelstahl und| | - AliExpress ]

Im trying to figure out if the Rocktol is bigger and heavier than the Gordon in the OP.

congrats
how much does the Rocktol (just the tool) weigh?

thanks for the info…
do you know how much the Harbor Freight Gordon weighs?

compare and contrast:
I can see the Rocktol has a replaceable cutter, and accessory bits, and costs more…

any other differences?

here is another multitool option for $40
718QBzKeqCL.AC_SL1500
, I like that it includes a firestarter and whistle:

Bare Rocktol weights 11.0 oz

thank you!
I see, after rereading the thread, that you also got the Gordon, could you please tell me how much it weighs, bare tool only:…

do you have any compare and contrast impressions to share between the 29 in 1 Rocktol, and the 20 in 1 Gordon?

I have not received the Gordon, it’s in the mail. Upon receipt, I will post my thoughts in comparison with the Rocktol.

1 Thank

SQT MQ-23 Multitool Outdoor Camping Folding Tools Knife Plier Tactical Multifunctional EDC Pliers Bits Scissors Mini Saw Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! SQT MQ-23 Multitool Outdoor Camping Folding Tools Knife Plier Tactical Multifunctional EDC Pliers Bits Scissors Mini Saw 51.87€ 55% OFF|Sqt MQ 23 multi tool outdoor camping klapp werkzeuge messer zange taktische multifunktion ale edc zange bits schere mini säge| | - AliExpress

thank you
my brain is just starting to be able to tell all these tools apart.

That SQT-23 seems to be the same as the ROCKTOL Multitool, 29-in-1, for $5 less.

here is the same tool SQT-22, but without the extra bit set and saw blades… for $35 ($20 less than the SQT-23 and ROCKTOL Multitool, 29-in-1 with the bit set that you linked)

1 Thank

Identical Multitools. The only difference is branding.

Limited-time deal: ROCKTOL Multitool, 29-in-1 Multitool Pliers with Replaceable Wire Cutters and Saw, Heavy-duty Stainless Steel Multitool Set and Nylon Sheath for Camping Survival Gifts for Man
Amazon.com

$44.91 | Daicamping DL30 Replaceable Parts Hand Diy Multi Tools Multi-tool Folding Knives Scissor Cutters EDC Survival Gear Manual Pliers
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$44.91 | Daicamping DL30 Replaceable Parts Hand Diy Multi Tools Multi-tool Folding Knives Scissor Cutters EDC Survival Gear Manual Pliers
26.36€ 49% OFF|Daicamping dl30 austauschbare teile hand diy multi werkzeuge multi werkzeug klappmesser scheren schneider edc überlebens ausrüstung manuelle zange| | - AliExpress

great options!
here is the same thing for $40 Buburi Multitool Pliers:

here is the $51 Harbor Freight Gordon:

I put a $39 MOSSY OAK Multitool, 19-in-1 w emergency firestarter and whistle in my cart

My justification is to toss it into my camping and Snowboarding backpack… (although I have not been doing either of those lately… lol)

1 Thank

How about this one?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805397794850.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller.1.9cc859384v3khf&gps-id=pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.40050.354490.0&scm_id=1007.40050.354490.0&scm-url=1007.40050.354490.0&pvid=31b4c4df-b4d0-4195-a152-ac694d4153a0&_t=gps-id:pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.40050.354490.0,pvid:31b4c4df-b4d0-4195-a152-ac694d4153a0,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238116%232002&pdp_npi=4%40dis!USD!44.91!33.68!!!323.82!242.86!%402101ef7017173499073128643e4f49!12000038343363187!rec!US!161805265!&utparam-url=scene%3ApcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller|query_from%3A

~$34 looks like it is similar to the ones mentioned above. But how do we know about materials used etc.? Chinese often make clones with cheaper materials…

agree
weklund also posted that Daicamping version

I agree it looks the same as the Rocktol, SQT-23, and Bubury

Chinese often make clones with cheaper materials…

agree…
my guess is they are all clones from the same factory, and anybody can have them made with whatever branding, if they comply with a Minimum Order Quantity

2 Thanks

Some strange force took over my computer… One got ordered. The Daicamping tool.
The sad part is that I have half a dozen multitools. They seldom get used. I keep them in the cars, in my bug out bag (s), in the tool box in the garage and the Core in a kitchen drawer. I used to carry one in my travel kit when I was doing IT work. I used to take one when camping, hiking or canoeing. I just haven’t done those things in a while.
I always grab a dedicated tool to use if possible. Multitools are nice to have in a pinch, but often awkward to use… OK, OK, so why have I bought two now in the last couple of weeks??? :sob:

3 Thanks

That is so true! I have a multitool in every car and carry one everywhere I go. Mostly use them to split the burger at Burgers R US. I dunno–it’s like some kind of infection. Similar to flashaholicism.

1 Thank

You can say that again.

Yeah, I like having two nice full-sized multi-tools and two nice keychain-sized multi-tools.
I have way more flashlights, but I have to have both types of tools handy.

My worst addiction is pocketknives.
I have way too many of them and they’re all quite similar to each other compared to my more diverse flashlight collection. :hocho: