Has anyone seen or heard from MEM?

Well I’ll be Dog!

Sorry everybody for being WAY off topic. Anyway, There were these two fellars standin’ on a bridge, a-goin’ to the bathroom. One fellar said, “The water’s cold” and the other fellar said, “The water’s deep”. I believe one fella come from Arkansas. Get it?

You already know

Hi MEM,

Please PM me and let me know the status of the light that I paid for on June 1, and that you promised to send out last Wednesday along with tracking number. For a few weeks now all I have been asking for is a tracking number. If the light is again delayed, all I am asking for is a timely explanation via PM.

I’m only posting here b/c I’ve private messaged you many times but haven’t heard from you for a week. Thank you.

Well, well, my m3xs has arrived. I wanted to write briefly on this new light of mine. I’m not gonna go into details on the light, since it has been reviewed quite a few times already.
I purchased the xpg2 version, and along with the light, I received a couple free gifts!
A pair of AWT Imr 2600 cells, and a skilhunt M1 usb charger. Very nice and kind of the seller!
Although the cells were brand new, one of the cells were at 1.97V but was able to revive it.
Needless to say, I will not be using these cells in series now, if at all.

Firsts and foremost, the M3xs light is in brand new condition. The emitter looks perfectly centered. Hot spot is very bright and super intense. I measured 762 lumens with my Josh blf sphere. When white wall hunting, the area around the corona is a bit uncentered. Not sure what part of that beam is called, but basically, the beam profile to this light, you see a hotspot, corona, and that outer layer around the corona, and then the spill. And the tint is just gorgeous, Crisp clean creamy white. No signs of yellow nor green.
The area around the corona is not perfectly round but more fuzzy, and not centered. Which completely cannot be noticed 20 feet and beyond, so not really a big deal.

But as far as performance goes, this thing kicks arse! I have no doubt this light is truly hitting the 350 kcd mark. I have a 240kcd tom e super shocker, and there is a pretty noticeable difference.
Then I have a Tm16gtvn 422kcd and a k40vn 370kcd, and compared all three and honesty had a hard time seeing which of the three threw the farthest! I know eyes are very deceiving and cannot judge the best. But I’m not skilled enough to measure lux at the moment.
And the super sorry bad news come lastly, no beam shots….I have yet to learn to upload pictures onto my computer and get them online. I’m sure its pretty darn easy, just haven’t tried…one day I will, and will post lots and lots of beamshots for yall!

PS.@ KDS857, you should be getting your light shortly, since you purchased the xpg3 version, he is probably doing some fine tuning and tweaking since it was not ready modded from the getgo. Although, he did say he was gonna ship your light last week….
MEM is not the greatest in communication, and probably very busy to reply. It very well could be in the mail right now….anyhoo, let us know when you do recieve it or not please.

Oh man no pics… It is not super easy but also not hard.
You have to upload your pics so they are hosted online.
Google share pics and see the many options, I use tinypic.
I open the pics in a new tab so I have only the pic in a tab then copy the address of it.
Click that small pictogram of a picture (7th pictogram from left when typing a post)
Paste the link in first field
Type 50 or 75 or 100 in second field
Paste link in link field and click OK
Pic shown!
(BTW sounds like ypu have some awesome lights there!)

so what batteries did you end up using?

yeah pics would have been awesome but your review is pretty thorough. thank you!

also glad to know he is making progress on the xpg3 version. I’m sure balancing performance with safety and functionality and practicality isn’t an easy task.

Did anyone else not receive their light from MEM? I have not received mine yet, paid for on June 1.

b…b…
Would you take another look at your original post and see if you think it should be edited?

It has been a month and a half since I paid in full but I’m sorry to report that MEM has still not shipped me my light. I have also asked for a refund, but I have not gotten that either.

MEM seems very knowledgeable about lights, and when he does respond to PMs he seems very nice. However, his communication skills and promise keeping are sub-par to put it mildly. For the record, after each delay, he apologized and seemed sincere about it, but after 6 or 7 broken promises of putting the light in the mail, I thought it would be appropriate to warn others that you may run into frustrations like I did if you order something from him.

Here are the boring details for anyone interested

June 1 I ask about buying a XPG2 M3XS-UT - same one as Blueb8llz. On same day he responds and I send full payment same day.
June 3 I ask for tracking number. No reply.
June 6 I ask again. No reply.
June 7 MEM says he has been busy and asks whether I’d like for him to boost the current on the light I paid for, I say yes and to please give me tracking number when it ships.
June 16 I ask for update. No reply.
June 20 He says sorry he was busy, and that he will send the light the next day. I again give him my address.
June 22 I ask again for tracking number. No reply.
June 24 I ask again for tracking number. No reply.
June 28 He apologizes and says he was on a business trip, and that everything is packaged and he will ship the next day.
June 29: No contact from him.
June 30: I ask him for tracking number. No reply.
July 1: I finally get annoyed and let him know my patience is running out.
July 7: He writes back saying sorry, my PMs were lost in his inbox, and for sure he will send it the next day.
July 8: He writes saying he will send it on July 9.
July 9: No contact from him.
July 10: He writes me saying sorry, he was delayed at breakfast and wasnt able to go to post office, but that he would send it on Monday July 11.
July 11: No contact. I ask him for a tracking number. No response.
July 14: I write him again asking for refund, and that if I don’t hear from him by Today, July 15, I’ll warn people on the forum that he is not good in the communication and promise-keeping department.

I’ll end by saying that maybe he is on a business trip or sick or something and he may eventually come through, but its getting harder and harder to accept his apologies because he has lied to me so many times.

And to those that think that I need to be more patient… I’ll work on my zen meditation a bit more.

I’m not an angry person, so I’ll update this post if I ever hear back from mem, get a refund, or get my light.

Come on MEM, lets close this deal!!! :slight_smile:

Any comments from MEM about kds857’s complaints?

I speak with MEM regularly and haven’t seen him since the 12th, assuming he’s been sent out of town with his work again.

kds857- sorry to hear that you have yet to receive your light. sounds like you are having a even harder time than I had.

please keep us posted…

not trying to stir up any trouble, but I’ve been waiting 3 1/2 months for my D80.

not too worried about it, figure he’ll get it here eventually, but it kinda puts extra pressure on him to REALLY deliver having been so long, ya know? In the end, it is what it is…

I really like MEM (no matter if I argue with him sometimes :slight_smile: ) but sometimes seller should not take orders if goods are not ready.
Or if you have to take advance than take lets say 10% of main price until item is finished. That is proof that buyer will take the goods once finished.
And of course write or tell people about possible long waiting time. And they will be prepared to wait… Any special orders like 1mcd lights are worth waiting :wink:

I never thought MEM took my money and ran and I still don’t think that — but I’m frustrated with his inability to do something as simple as dropping a packed package off at the post office. You can do that before work, during lunch break, or after work any day of the week unless you are working on some offshore oil rig for weeks at a time. My light was not something I asked him to custom build, it was ready to go on June 1, the day I paid. The one thing he did is boost the amps, which is the one delay I accepted. But remember his post #45 on 6/30 “Oh, today is Thursday. Shipped!”?? My light should have at least been shipped out that day…. and its been 20 days since then.

Like I said, I understand that “life” gets in the way sometimes. Kids get sick, the car battery dies, we get sudden calls for overtime at work, and the air conditioning breaks. I get it. But that does not happen 4 or 5 times IN A ROW. If I took someone’s money and broke my promise to “ship tomorrow” even once, I’d be hella nervous and mark my calendar and my cell phone to take the package to the post office the next morning and perhaps send the guy a text from the post office saying “sorry for the delay yesterday sir, I’ve just left the post office and your tracking number is XXXXXX.” That’s all I’ve ever wanted from MEM.

The thing that bothers me more than anything is that after each time he broke his promise, it has been me that had to message him asking him for a tracking number, and it would be days before I heard back. Like DB says, I guess everyone does not march to the beat of the same drummer, and it is what it is.

For everything that can happen in life, there’s always going to be a set of extenuating circumstances that can contrive to throw a curve ball into the mix. For years we didn’t have a decent place to go to send something UPS, literally had to drive to a neighboring town to the UPS hub and go into the office, and this after 3PM on given days. And even now, our USPS isn’t open on Saturday and we have only one Post Office in the entire town of some 70,000 people, which means anytime you go there’s a long waiting line. Which means it’s difficult to find the time. I usually go to a nearby small town to their Post Office which is seldom “busy”.

Job, wife/girlfriend/both :wink: , kids, cars, projects, the list can go on and on of course, but once something is paid for then some priorities need to be arranged. Who wants to put money on the table and not receive something in exchange? Flip it around and you don’t want your work to delay a paycheck by weeks, months… do you? (aimlessly talking to anyone listening, not pointing at anyone in particular)

For me, I am in no hurry. Not like I don’t have a flashlight. I know it’ll be stupendously impressive when it gets here, maybe it’ll be a nice birthday present to me, from me. (coming up in less than 3 weeks) :wink: That’s the nice thing about being so forgetful, I can do things for me and it’s always a surprise in the end. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm - I don’t know what to say or think anymore.

I guess part of the problem is his communication. He first time me over 4 weeks ago he was going to the post office tomorrow and would get the tracking number to me then…….then he said the same thing again 2 weeks ago….

I really wish he had of just said it will be 10 weeks until I get the light out to you back in May and then met that timeline. I am heading back to Australia in 3weeks so now I am getting worried about that !! It just didn’t seem like it would be an issue 2 months ago.

Maybe you should email and cancel the order for now?

Are you Aussie or coming here for a holiday?

I’m Australian, my wife is from MN - we spend time here pretty regularly. We are at the end of a year here though so excited to get home!

And naa I’m not cancelling until the last minute, I’d much rather get a aftermarket light from Mem than one of the stock models. Just hoping he can come through before early August.

Cool how is America compared to home?

Just as long as he doesn’t mail it to your place your staying at now. He can always mail it here any ways.