Has anyone seen or heard from MEM?

Its really similar in some ways and way different in others. Access to quality goods with cheap, fast shipping is something different!

Yeah it will be OK either way our family can post it over - though it would be easier to just put it in my suitcase plus I have to out throw my bros light soon as I get back :stuck_out_tongue:

At what point is it reasonable to consider this whole mess as a financial loss? I understand that people are all different, so some may still think that more patience is necessary while some may think that this chain of events is unacceptable. I’m not sure, but DB’s D80 appears to be a custom build, so while I think 3.5 months is a bit excessive without prior warning of build time, its an actual build, whereas mine was ready and boxed for weeks now, and it just never made it to the post office.

Its approaching 2 months now on a light that was boxed and ready to go from day 1 and MEM hasnt logged in for 2 weeks now. So instead of checking my Email everyday with the hopes that I get a tracking number, maybe mentally it is better to consider this as money lost. That way I can just write off the loss and just maybe, I might be pleasantly surprised one day in the future if MEM ever decides to mail it to me. At this point I’ve written PMs with no response, and even the MODs have asked for an update with no response, so I think I give up…

I’m genuinely glad that BlueB8llz got his toy though. I’m jealous!

Wow that really sucks! I really hope MEM is ok and not into any trouble, and will be able to fulfill all transactions.
…. Or did I change the title to my thread too soon perhaps…?

I’m still waiting on mine as well. At some level, my patience hasn’t depleted yet because I see I’m not alone in this wait.

Also, I never considered this a scam as there are easier and more efficient ways to scam people than this. His other posts show a genuine knowledge and interest in the flashlight topic and his enthusiasm in sharing his finds is definitely not something one duct-tapes together in order to pull off a dumb stunt worth, at best, only a few grand.

I do agree that this wait is longer than expected tho.

He has told me before that his job can take him out of town suddenly for a week or two at a time. He comes home exhausted and behind on everything.

He actually showed me a picture of a USPS Medium Flat Rate box with a note in it on top of the stuff inside, ready to go out… a month ago. I know he likes to get the custom builds perfect, he had my D80 finished and took it apart and redid it, then got some new lenses in and rebuilt it again. So a lot of it on mine is tweaking and experimenting, getting it to the peak of it’s potential.

I know too that he has projects to work on, some quite time consuming, so it’s a juggling act.

I’m not worried about it much at all, one of these days I’ll have an awesome light show up and it’ll be so much fun playing with it I’ll totally forget waiting for it. :wink:

kds857, fury, and perhaps others who were part of this Olight deal,

not trying to be rude or anything but here’s the bare facts as i see it:

1. every transaction where you pay first is a risk and a loss… until the transaction is fulfilled/closed. the moment you pay, you have released control of the situation.

2. until the transaction is closed, you only have 2 choices: to wait or to demand your money back.

2a. this is usually measured by how valuable this transaction is to you an your patience. for example, at the time of my payment for these modded Olights, i did not own a light capable of 350k lux and that was my main motivation. since then, i have acquired a light that exceeds 350k so now, to me, the value of the Olight has decreased.

2b. so now it is for me to decide if it is worth the additional wait of XYZ days or if i should ask for my money back.

3. the outcome of your choice from #2 are still completely out of your control.

bottom line is, and i really hate to say this, but we have no choice but to wait for MEM. If you are seriously mentally prepared to consider this a financial loss, then it might be easier on the mind to go ahead and do so.

What are you actually getting done to a d80? Xpg3 dedomed with some type of aspheric lens?
The d80 that you built me was pretty bad to the bone.

Mem has keen interest in optics. He likes finding an aspheric or condensor and mounting it perfectly, either with the inverted mirrored dome or a second aspheric for focus. This is what he’s doing for me, a dual lens set-up for maximum throw. I built an extension tube for the D80 so he can run it with 2 18650’s and a Buck driver, tweaking max all the way across the board.

I don’t know if this post will be somewhat relevant or not to this thread, but when I ordered my Deft X from Saablaster, I think it took about 14 months until I had my light.

You will see my posts, everyone’s apprehensions when the maker’s go silent, the very long wait…etc, in the very long thread below.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?352661-DEFT-X-OMG-Strikes-Back!!!

:beer:

Edit: The big difference is that there was no promise on specific date of delivery, however.

Lets keep our fingers crossed ! You’re right, now that I know more people are out there that haven’t received theirs, I have more hope that we will someday all get ours… Still very disappointed in the lack of communication and commitment, but it can all be forgiven once the light is sent.

If any of the few other members waiting for their light received them, please post on this thread just to let the community know. Been a good while since MEM has logged on, so perhaps he is having a medical or family issue, I doubt that a business trip takes someone offline for over a month, considering that one can use a cell phone to log in and at least give updates or apologies.

How many BLF members,have sent money to MEM?

Still no light :frowning:

I purchased one.
Paid June 1
Arrived July 7

I admire the patience everyone has… in any other forum a 2+ or 3+ month wait after payment would be met with a lot more…. fireworks from buyers. Poor fury is right ’round the corner from IL…. I wonder if MEM is on the other famous flashlight forum logging in and posting.

Note to self: next time always use paypal and pay the fees so you can get money back. I cheaped out on the 3% so I deserve this.

You are wright ,I did it when I have made a order,and payed for a laser pointer,and after the seller disappeared,made a claim,and so PayPal returned my money.
And they were $300,00 of them…

I don’t get this one… Several situations:

1. MEM sent you paypal invoice as a seller and paypal deducted 3% fee to him after you paid that invoice.
2. Same as one but MEM choose that you pay the fee
3. You send money directly to him with mark that you are paying for goods and you chose that seller pays final 3% fee.
4. Same but you choose to pay the fee

5. You send the money to “friend or family” where you paid the 3% fee.

I want to say you should be covered in 1-4 situations(no matter who paid the fee) and loose money only in situation no 5.

I think 45 days is deadline for opening paypal dispute so maybe you could open it? You will be directed directly to MEM to resolve issue and if he does not respond you’ll win dispute.

But of course hope MEM will arrive and send you flashlight.

180 days.

I am less worried about the money than I about MEM, hope he’s ok.

Luminarium-
I used “friends and family” and directly sent money. Paypal does not give me option to open dispute because i did not choose the “paying for goods” option. My mistake.

I also hope MEM is not having medical or family issues because that sucks no matter what. I’m still thinking he will eventually sent out the light, but had I known the time frame for all of this, obviously I would never have bought…