Have you found "your" perfect light yet?

Physics says no.

havent found perfect light but the one i used the most would be L2m with 1 mode drop in by my bed side.

if that perfect light is ever made, it would be a bunch of mad-flaslight-maniacs walking around like zombies… some like walking dead… i hope that flashlight wont ever exist…

Someone would still mod it

You would think, however Cree has already broke the 200 lm/w theoretical barrier for LEDs

I do believe THIS would be more impressive without knowing much about it. 200lm/w is still a ton of heat.
Who knows, in 5-10 years time LEDs and Xenon may be a thing of the past in high-end throwers… Maybe some future light technology might become budget in not that many years…. (made that other thread for discussing technology and stuff)

theres such a wide use for lights, that i dont think you could have just one perfect light

Almost. Out of about 10-15 different single cell’d 18650, 14500, 16340 type EDCs, the one that comes closest to doing so many things right by me, is my RRT0 XML…

Not yet, but I am 60 lights or so closer to that goal.

I dont have a perfect light. On the other hand the Mrs does. Sorry, I cant tell you any more than that.

I've always thought this is such a bizzare thought ...that would mean I would have to have that light with me 24/7 ..

i'd much rather have 15 or 20 great lights and have them in all sorts of places that I normally use lights .

This question just says..."you don't own a zebralight headlamp "

they are great for what they are made for ..I wouldn't want any other light when i want a zebralight or a really good headlamp ///like spark etc

like it or not ..it's gonna take a number of lights to make you light happy

if you had my top 20 lights ... you'd be a happy camper :)

So true!!!

Closest to my perfect light is the ZL SC600w. It is probably all I need. But what is the fun in that? Its fun to experiment with tons of throw, tons of flood, different modes, shapes sizes. If my ZL SC600w had a bit more throw it’d definitely be close to perfect for me.

Otherwise, I will continue with my flashoholism and love every minute of it. :wink:

Maybe you take my question too literally.

Let´s say “which one is your overall favourite and what would make it even better?”

I like the typical 18650 lights that have the basic shape of the UF-2100, though other lights throw better, are brigther etc.
Still, the basic shape is what I like most of the time.

The perfect light is the one you have on you when you need it.

Every time I find a perfect light for me, I find a new perfect. It’s an addiction :wink:

The best advice I can give is, after reading two or more reviews, reading the specs and looking at pics and beam shots… You still find yourself obsessing about the light. Then that’s thee perfect light. Once it arrives you’ll love it for a time, and then move on to the next mistress of the light

Yeah, I absolutely get that.

I´m always looking for “the one that´s cooler than the one I already have”. Maybe I´m just fooling myself thinking I can stop someday looking for “the one”…

I’ll tell you what the perfect light is; the one you can carry and use everyday and get bored with in a month’s time, but you get talked out of purchasing something fancier because you realize it won’t really be that much better than what you have that is useful. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep I have a problem with buying one, loving it and getting bored right away. But the one that holds true to being my favorite and not getting sold is that darned ZL SC600w. lol. So I just keep it and keep buying and modding more :stuck_out_tongue:

the perfect light ..

is the one you keep picking up It takes a lot of lights to know all the ones that aren't the perfect one .

it's like the perfect woman ..it's the one you make perfect

there is no perfect light

there is no perfect woman .

There are only ones we love

The perfect light puts out as much light as the sun,does not get hot, fits in a coin pocket never goes flat, can throw like the airborne laser, weighs nothing and never turns on unless you want it too.

I’m still looking…