Have You Guys Seen This New One

You now what they say; “if you have to ask, it costs too much” :smiley:

Wallbuys picked it up along with a bunch of other SolarStorm stuff, and listed for $94.29. There’s a 10% off coupon for June that might work too.
I also predict (based on some recent trends I’ve noticed) that Fasttech will list this item soon.

Gahhh I really want to consider it, but already having four triple-emitter lights.... Hard to justify.

keep mixing them up! Flashaholics will BUY them all!

Me Likey!

On a more serious note, looks like they just put a TK70 reflectors in 3t6 confirguration and ditched their 6000 lumens 5T6 model that looked like 5 shallow C8s. Redesigned new heat fins and less obvious handle and added a button. If it preforms as well as the BTU Shocker & TK70 it might be a good deal.

There is Shocker with XM-L2 coming?

BTW, anyone asked for price match?

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021803

has anyone NOT been able to fight the resisting and ordered one?
so since this already has xml2, theres not much to mod on this one huh….

ok, not sure if this is an accurate way of helping me decide that i should pass on this light, but after checking out these beam shots, it doesnt seem too impressive.

im truly basing it comparing it with these two pictures below.
the solar storm raging seems waaaaaay brighter!

That'd be great news if it's on 20mm Noctigons or Sinkpads. It'd save me $30 and would only increase the cost to build the Shocker by a few dollars.

I read that these are driven at 2.6 amps each. Would be less bright than Shocker. Darn, I loved the form-factor, and removable handle. Would be like a TK75 in form.

I should be placing my order for this light today. I also plan on getting 4 Panasonic 18650 3400mah protected batteries.

Ok I just ordered the SolarStorm SP03 XM-L2 and 4 Panasonic 18650 3400mah protected batteries for a total of $109.10 shipped. They said they should ship it Friday due to the Chinese holiday.

I’ll let you boys know when I get it.

How did you get 4X Panas 3400 mah, for only 15$?

http://www.soondeal.com/product_view.asp?cid=144&eid=667

Well actually I did’nt figure the shiping involved. But I actually saved buying this flashlight here vs paying $94 something at kaidoman. This light is $104 at Fancy Flashlights.

But remember I already ordered the flashlight and they were charging me $17 shipping just on it. I figureI might as well get 4 of these batteries. They charged me $3 more shipping on top of the $17 so it was $20 total. So actually just $3 more for the batteries.

So really I did get the batteries for $15.06 a pair if you stop and think about it. At $6.78 ea x 4 = $27.12 $3.00$30.12

oooh, i cant wait till u get this one. im gonna keep my expectations low from what i seen from those beam shots. i really hope im wrong cus i like this light.

Well I am hoping this light out throws the Fenix TK75 at least by a decent margin.

It’s got 400 lumens more, it’s not going to have much of a noticeable gain on the TK75, which it has a head identical to…

Yea but it’s XM-L2 U2vs XM-L U2. I know you don’t think that makes a difference. But I can assure you that it does. I have both Catapult V3 in XM-L T6 and XM-L2 U2. The latter smokes the first one. I think the main concern is how hard the driver is pushing each emitter. I heard only 2.6amps. But that is all hearsay. I’ll wait until I get it and see. If it ties the TK75 it’s still one hell of a light for the money.

I've just heard from my contacts and it appears that there is an SP03 winging its way to me. I'm really looking forward to reviewing this one!