Have you SEEN...the new Sofirn SF47?

I’m pissed off. Used that ceilingbounce app and waited 4 hrs to complete a High run only to accidentally double tap the “stop test”. It overwrote the test :frowning:

I completed the Turbo run and thankfully saw the High test and the time it stopped so I’ll just create my own. High lasted 4 hrs 16 min, hit 47°C without any stepdowns, so that’s 4hrs 16min straight on High.

S**t happens, Funtastic. What app did you use for testing the output? I recently used one simply called "Lux Meter" and I was quite satisfied with it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.waldau_webdesign.app.luxmeter&hl=de&gl=US

Good thing I saw the graph before it erased it. It looked exactly like this. I’ll just use this in my video review.

I use this app

As you can see it started to regulate once hitting 47°C for the first 2hrs and then seemed to settle. Room temp was 26°C with no cooling

My video review will be on youtube by tomorrow night. One thing that bothers me is the tint on the SF47T is very cool white, while the L21A is a neutral white. It almost looks like it’s being pushed too hard or isn’t cooled well. It’s a neutral white until you kick it into Turbo. I think I’ll remove the mcpcb and check the surface is flat. The thermal paste is spread out all around the mcpcb which is usually a good sign.

Maybe it’s just a different bin to Convoy’s CULPM1 but blue/purple has never been a good sign for these

Jacob, how satisfied are you with the focus / centering of the emitter? I am not sure if the reflector geometry fits to the CULPM1.TG. Instead of a concentrated spot mine appears to have a bit of a washed-out spot with some artifacts / blurred corona around it. It looks like the shape of an eye with eyelids around. Hard to explain but I will provide some shots anytime soon anyway. Mine seems to get a touch of coldwhite on turbo, too. But it's still okay, not being angry™blue.

Cheers, Thomas

Have you had a flashlight using these leds before though? The artifacts are four ovals overlapping around the hotspot, this is normal on the Convoy L21A, C8, and S2. The artifacts are worse if it’s not dead center and these centering rings aren’t easy to get it 100%

I’m glad you mentioned this. We don’t talk about these things enough. I was trippin when I got my SP36 and Acebeam L30. Maybe not because of artifacts but because of things like beam shape and tint shifts too. I know it gets mentioned here and there but not enough.

I would have never known that about the Osrams, and I’ve read plenty about it all over the place. I’ve also never seen this characteristic manifested in the many beam shots I’ve seen since they all look like perfectly round lightsabers. But I know I may have been uneasy if I got one and wasn’t aware of this.

Anyway, my main point was thanks. I expect to get one at some point soon and this helped a bunch.

Decided to take a look at the driver, here’s my photos

T shaped driver - 26.4mm

23.8mm MCPCB

Tail assembly

Reflector measurements

Depth (length) - 50.5mm
Top dia - 50.6mm
Led opening - 7.9mm

How do I use custom values in an excel chart? I’m having a lot of difficulty. I used a lux app and have the csv data, selected it and inserted a chart. How do you or can you rename and add different values to the chart, such as lumens instead of the lux value, or the time values to something readable like 0, 1hr, 2hr, etc

Are you having trouble reading the file?

If csv loads badly, check if you need to change the dot to a comma or remove the apostrophe.

So do we have 3.5h on turbo (1500lm) or not? ;))

It’s a bit of a no brainer when it comes to ANSI and how it’s measured. 7A current gets very toasty which would require a much, much larger host for continuous operation.

My test was at 25°C and achieved 3.5 min before hitting 48°C and stepping down. My video review will be uploaded today so you’ll be able to see what happens

Where can I find the review? So far SF47 looks like a miss.

I put it up against the FT03, C8G, Convoy L21A.

The FT03 matches it, the L21A smokes it.

Keep in mind that the 47T has a head diameter of 55mm which is smaller than those two.

The 47T is driven at 7A and the L21A is 8A,so it’s naturally going to be brighter with more range.

The best pro of the 47T is the runtime, UI, and price

Thank you for the review.

I’m not really understanding the target market for SF47. Utilitarian night guard duty? It’s confusing.