Headlight List with prices, specs and features

As far as I can tell, none of the 3 are tir based. The single and double lights are both reflectors and the zoomie is aspheric.

The zoomie looks a bit weird, though. Does that one look like a tir lens to you?

Yes, zoomie is what I meant.
I don’t see a single photo showing the lens bulging out. I don’t see Fresnel ridges (though in some photos they may be shown on the outside on the optics, I don’t think that’s a Fresnel). I don’t see a glass in front of the lens (and wouldn’t expect one).

Is it possible to make a zoomie with a tir lens?

I can’t figure it out. It looks flat in front. Maybe it’s a reflector that moves in and out? Sorta like the maglites, but in reverse.

Thanks for your reply Jason!
Hum…I would like to change the emitter to get a more NW or WW beam, but that said, I will not experiment that!

The CH10 is a bit too big for what I wanted and despite seeming a nice light, I would prefer something more compact!

I can read the AliExpress reviews, but some most of them are in russian and not all the words display correctly so it is hard to perceive all that is said :zipper_mouth_face:

I ended up seeing this video before sleeping and go that same feeling! The “stepless dimming” is very different from the one on the RJ-02. Also, It always goes from highest to lowest, that I don’t like that much.

On that side I prefer the RJ-02, despite these single and double led versions are also more compact than the RJ-02.

Yup, the hidden modes seem to be 2 clicks, despite the reviewer didn’t show that.

Would be nice if they blended both models to get a really nice headlight :smiley:

BTW, this morning I woke and saw this review by CharlesBridgTech of a similar headlight. The brand is UNILITE:

Hum…that zoomie does not appeal to me :zipper_mouth_face: On that one, the UI part is the drawback for me. The others that we mentioned above are more suitable…

I may have to try the RJ-02. Seems nice though not so compact as their other models.

I guess BLF could make a project for a headlight with ramping UI (or adjustable “ring”), compact, with nice tint :smiley:
Maybe this can be a future project :+1:

I think all 3 models use the same basic body and UI. Just the part holding the led housing is interchangable (the flat rectangle section on the main body).

Just yesterday I was a nice drawing showing the concept of out-of-focus reflector:

You can apply the same to a TIR as TIR can work pretty much like a reflector.

Also, there are better, dual-zone, TIRs like Led Lenser: New or little known multi-zone (Fresnel) zoom optics

Hum, I was reading again, and it is more or less like that! It seems that the one with 2 emitters has a “slow flash” (after the SOS) that the others don’t!
I misread the information before, so I thought the zoomie one had a different UI. But that one and the “non zoomie” with single LED seem to have the same UI, while the one with 2 LEDs has +1 mode!
They seem to be nice, all of them, and not expensive at all, so I’m just thinking about the usability!! :wink:

Armytek Wizard XPL:
It’s cheaper than the XHP50 version and works with 3V LEDs instead if 6V and 12V.
Armytek Elf:
It’s a cheaper version of the Wizard XPL with a Micro USB port instead of the magnet connector.

Bingo, I think the Boruit Zoomie is like these, a dual zone tir.

I’ve never seen these style of lights before, they are pretty neat.

$37? Woah! It looks exactly like the $13 Boruit except it has the older xml T6 emitter in it. I won’t be buying Unilite any time soon.

BTW, slow flash on the UI should be Beacon mode.

Link posted yesterday in the Boruit RJ-02 thread (though my link is through Google Translate). Actually I think this link is the one posted yesterday. (I was reading both.)

First link above Gives some details on the newer Boruit single LED model and the two LED model. Basically is just says the 2 LED model is junk with little thermal contact from the emitter pcb to the body; the single LED model is well liked though with a solid wall behind the emitter (or mostly solid - was hard to understand). I’ve ordered that newer single LED model [here on eBay](https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-BORUiT-10000Lm-XM-L2-LED-Headlamp-Cycling-Helmlamp-Handfree-Running-Torch/262908200945?epid=697282253&hash=item3d368cc7f1:g:2vAAAOSw~epZh8~y(for).

-Garry

Yeah, that’s expensive as hell! I didn’t notice it before :person_facepalming:
But there are lots of similar stuff with a huge price variation, specially if we’re going to check Amazon. AliExpress has lower prices most of the time!
Yup, it is Beacon mode! :wink:

Thanks Garry! Funny enough, this morning I was checking AliExpress and found the “TriLife” mentioned on the Russian review you linked!
At this time, the single led one seems more convenient! But gotta check on some more before deciding the purchase! :+1:

BTW, searching on Amazon…
Nitefox headlight ($29.95):
https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-headlamp-camping-rechargeable-included/dp/B0747NSM5Y/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1516114197&sr=8-10&keywords=nitefox

UI: “Mode: one click for high-low, long press for infinite dimming, double click active strobe for self defense.”

There are a couple of cheap headlamps in the Jaxmnve store:
A zoomie for $16-20 Powerful CREE XML T6 headlights headlamp Zoom waterproof 18650 rechargeable battery Led Head Lamp Bicycle Camping Hiking Light

A more typical angled light for $19 JAXMNVE XPL V6 LED headlight multi-purpose right-angle flashlight with 90-degree l-shaped bright flashlight outdoor riding light

I don’t have experience with either of these but I do have the OTR clone they sell and it is fine. Strange modes for many experts here but quality seems good.

From that link:

Huh?

-Garry

That’s what I call waterproof!

Well, first of all, you need a battery to make a suit. They say so quite plainly.

Second, when you wet your wick (a CREE T6), it should be waterproof, so its waterproof waterproof level enables a sexual life.

Seems clear to me

I think it was a bad translation of a phrase commonly used as a synonym to “don’t ask”.

Yesterday I found another more or less “budget” headlight on AliExpress (Well, apart from “old-school” Jetbeam headlights from 2013).
Brand: Shuolide (???)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/T6-Rechargeable-Headlights/32672336495.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.262.mt3nwK

This one seems to have a nice UI (for me, at least), I may give it a try.

It is also sold on Amazon for a much higher price:
https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Headlights-headlamp-flashlight-Battery/dp/B06XBL7R9H/ref=sr_1_10?m=AICGXZN2G6MZV&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1516189706&sr=1-10

Please note that the “ramping” levels are marked differently on these stores (and on this one I believe more in Amazon):
AliExpress: 1% > 100%
Amazon: 5% > 100%

Here’s an odd one that has flexible “ears”.

-Garry