Heads up, for 2AA Maglites Modded with the Nichia 219 led - Thanks, I will be listing them in a separate sale thread.

How much will these cost?

Awesome O-L, I might be in for one. Would be a good gift for a hunter, as his current Nitecore D10 I gave him many years ago has way too cool of a tint to do blood tracking. Hmm, maybe I should modify that to put in a Nichia :)

From the Original Post

I can't swear to the pricing, but I expect $30-$35 shipped. I will ship to any member, anywhere.

I'm not taking orders, as I just put them up as they are made. It's just a heads up post.

Thanks,

Justin

The one in the bottom left, facing the camera:

Middle:

Custom built, FiveMega 26650 host, full copper pill, 4 x Nichia 219’s driven at 5.5 amps total. L/M/H driver:

It’s an absolute monster :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

im in for one.
been waiting for one of your creations for a few months now after following some of those builds.

Cool!

Thursday needs to hurry up so i can load paypal.
I feel like this is gonna be fun to buy lol.
Who will have the fastest mouse………………………

I’d love one, any chance you will do a single 14500 version for abit more $$ shipped to the UK?

Thats one nice flashlight.. where did you get it? Custom built?

I won’t be doing any cut down of the 2AA lights. I have done cut downs of 2AA, but the wall thickness is not there and it’s too hard to be done by hand. I could cut and tap, but I don’t like the way the knurling is right there at the tail cap.

All I can do is provide a dummy cell, so one 14500 can be used, with the dummy cell. I have done a few that way.

Thanks! I absolutely love it. Crazy bright, super floody, works great for taking night time photos :slight_smile:

It was designed and built by vinhnguyen54 on CandlePowerForums

-Jamie M.

fucked awesome :wink:

Do you have a link for that? :P

I’d love to grab one of these!

Hi Justin,

Hoping to get a few of these for the family just in time for the holidays! I like that they'd run on stock Alkalines for this very reason.

Any chance they would run on NiMH? It's no biggie if not because I have stockpiled NiZn's for just this kind of situation. :)

Thanks,

Mark

Sounds awesome, can’t wait to see these babies made. Maybe even get one. Especially if were talking digicamo… :open_mouth:

Mine will turn on NiMH but only on moonlight. 2 nimhs is only 2.8 volts at best and a Nichia needs closer to 3.3.

Subscribed, this’d be a great gift

#cough# dibs #cough#

… can’t blame a guy for trying…

Guys, the build thread is done. I will be putting up a sale thread tonight 11-18-12 at about 2 AM ( or between now and 2AM ). Yes it's late, but it gives some of the international members a chance. They don't get much of a chance most of the time.

Thanks for expressing the interest. It made me go ahead and do the build.