Heider CFX "750m throw"

I bought a Heider around 2016. Years later it got a serious drop from around 7 foot and landed poorly. I had taken a brother out to our verandah on a hill. As the crow flies I shone the Heider 1.2 kilometers and lit up a car clearly to show its colour, shape, etc. It was around 41/2 inches long.
I have never had another torch come close, so I don’t get the issue. I am not an electrician, etc. If someone could trace the history of Heider I would be delighted. I found many imitations and lots of discussion on line. If the original was fake, what did it knock off and how can I replace it.
My guess is the original has a history, was bought out…for good reason: it was too good!
When an electrical engineer tells me it is a knock off of another I ask one question: how come I had such a long, almost lazer light focus throw to at least 1.2km? It is great if you get 700meters today, nothing like this multi-focal memory???
You can see how untechnical I am: Michael: JohnJohn1

1 Thank

I am guessing “necro” is from necromancer, a wizard resurrecting dead animals. Have you played Diable 2?