Hello, and I would appreciate your advice on the next purchase for flashlights

Hello,

I have been reading the information here at BLF with fun, and I want to be a new member (I’m not young, though).

I like flashlights especially made of copper, brass, and titanium. I have several flashlights including the followings.

[14500 / AA]
Acebeam Pokelit AA Cu
Convoy T3 Copper
Convoy T3 Titanium
Lumintop GT Micro Copper
Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 Copper
Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 Titanium
Lumintop Tool AA 3.0 Titanium
XENO ES1 Cu (though it’s brass)
XENO ES1 Ti

[18650]
Convoy S2+ Copper (519A 2700K)
Emisar D4V2 Copper (E21A 2700K / 4500K)
Lumintop GT Mini Copper

[21700]
Convoy S21G Titanium (XHP50.3 5000K)
Emisar D4K Copper (519A 3500K / 5700K)

I want (but don’t NEED, of course) to get another flashlight especially but not limited to working with 18650 or 21700 made of copper / brass / titanium. I would appreciate it if you recommend me a suitable one or two or three to add to my collection.

Throwy / floody or warm / cold are not so important. It would be okay if the flashlight fills the hole of my flashlight family.

Thank you in advance.

4 Thanks

Make yourself at home, ChipDale!
Did you create your avatar?
Even if not, it’s an impressive avatar. :+1:

Lumintop FW3t seems like a nice light. its a 1x18650 triple emitter flashlight. Its quite expensive but I heard a lot of good things about the standard FW3A.
For a more budget friendly option, consider the wurkkos TS10 in titanium. Theyre a nice EDC style light, however its 14500. I believe it also has andruil ui.

Thank you for your response.

FW3T looks good, but it’s already sold out. Wurkkos TS10 Ti/Cu is attractive to me. I will think of it.

Thanks a lot!

1 Thank

I just realized there is a FW21 21700 flashlight. Its available as copper or brass and its a triple xhp50. you might be interested but price is offputting.

1 Thank

Reylight has some really nice options for your alternative material addiction. :wink:

Welcome! Nice collection already. :+1:

welcome to the retail therapy group… lol
and thanks for the photo of your addiction :wink:

Lumintop made a really nice little AAA Tool in those materials
here are a couple

they also make the classic Copper AAA Twisty sold by Maratac
aRgu5J3l
(I dont have a problem, I can stop any time I want to… lol)

agree, I find the Seigaiha (aka WiFi) patterns particularly complelling… and fwiw, the 2x AAA penlight model is on sale

they also make Ti versions, including single AAA:

Acebeam E70 and E70 mini has some of the most unique design and comes in brass and ti and stainless steel. There are even slots for tritium if you fancy that.
E70 mini is 18650 and uses Nichia 519 and E70 is 21700 and uses Cree XHP70.2 (FC40 is out of stock everywhere.)
Drawback for both is that they are double click to turn on which may be deal breaker for some and they need longer battery to make good contact if you want to use your own flat-tops (which can be solved with convoy’s spacer).
I believe if you buy them without battery the issue is a lot less apparent because the spring isn’t compressed.

FW21 Copper is good and will fill the hole of my flashlight collection, and instead, make a big hole on my wallet…

1 Thank

Yes, ReyLight strongly attracts me… LANapple copper/brass may be a good candidate.

Is my profile picture enough to diagnose my addiction? And is the photo of Tool AAA your collection? It made my symptoms worse :cold_sweat:

I’m enduring the pain not to expand battery collection. The only AAA flashlight I have is Skilhunt E3A (alminium though), and I stop buying flashlights using battery smaller than 14500/AA, but I really want a Lumintop GT Nano Copper on my keyring. 10880 of ReyLight may be bigger than 14500…

Thank you. I think I have enough flashlights, but something motivates me to seek for more… People here may call it addiction.

Yes, Acebeam already caught my eyes, and as you pointed out, I’m anxious about the battery. Emisar’s flashlights require non-protected flat-top batteries for both of 18650 and 21700, so I’m using such batteries. I don’t want to worry about battery (not to expand battery collection), that’s why I keep away from E70. And I prefer raw (glossy) titanium to sand-blast / stone-wash or colorful Ti, titanium version of Pokelit and Rider aren’t my targets, at least now.

I couldn’t stop ordering ReyLight copper penlight 2 x AAA, though I was thinking of brass Emisar D4V2, titanium D4K, copper Noctigon KR1, and copper Lumintop FW21 X9L…

2 Thanks

Are you in the US? I may have a few things to send your way.

I live in Japan, so I can’t buy lithium ion batteries from IMRBatteries.com and LiionWholesale.com for small lot… One of the advantage would be Japan is close to China, and I can receive the items purchased at AliExpress relatively fast.

And flashlight community is not active compared to the U.S… I like not only copper / brass / titanium flashlights. I also have Surefire M2, M6, and several Surefire-compatible bulbs (LED and incandescent) of Lumens Factory. I would like to utilize them, but choices are limited in Japan.