Hello and thanks to Hank

Hi,

I have been reading on this forum for a few years and collected some great lights based on the comments and reviews. I especially wanted to join to thank Hank for making a really cool custom D2 with XP-E green and SST-20 deep red. As you can see from the pictures attached, those colors are my favorite. I am also really enjoying all the UV light discussion. I want to get back into UV light rock hunting.

Cheers,
rusty1

9 Thanks

Have a nice time here, rusty1!

1 Thank

Welcome to BLF rusty1!

My (adult) son really likes the S2+ Nichia UV flashlight that I made for him for his rock collection. He just showed me tonight a rock with calcite in it that glowed red.

3 Thanks

I don’t know what type of UV light is best for rock hunting, but this is my best UV light:

1 Thank

Welcome! In your future I see some more flashlights. :grin:

1 Thank

Thanks everyone. Here is a scorpion I found caving illuminated with my Sofirn SF32UV with 365nm Nichia emitter.

I would like to see more short and medium wave UV light affordable options out there. I am following this one Shortwave (255nm) Flashlights — Raymond Wu

2 Thanks

The mix looks like a rosy warm white, that is really nice!

Thanks! Here’s a spider I found with the green.

1 Thank

Dang, Rusty! Really cool photographs!! I love seeing flashlights lead people deeper into exploring the world, especially parts of the world that are not usually part of “normal” life, and parts that might be around us but are not attended to.

I would love to see a photo of that rock — and it sounds like it would fit right in with Rusty’s photos.

The scorpion is BLUE? I’ve never seen that. They’ve always been bright neon green for me.

Where’s the locality?

1 Thank

Kickapoo Cavern in Texas

2 Thanks

Very interesting. I’ll have to do some research. I thought they were always green!

1 Thank