Hello from New York City

I’ve been a lurker for far too long.

While I am not an avid flashlight enthusiast yet I am fascinated by the products, technology, and the ingenuity of this community. I can so easily see myself getting drawn further and further in. :slight_smile:

I do a lot of battery testing for the vaping and R/C communities and have been designing power electronics (battery chargers, electronic loads, power supplies, energy harvesters, etc.) full time since 1992. I look forward to contributing wherever I can help!

I have used your reviews as reference many times;
welcome aboard.

Welcome! Many of us look at your reviews for batteries. High drain batteries are something both vapers and flashaholics love.

@Mooch

Welcome to the BLF community. :+1:

Just the other day when watching your latest video i was thinking how helpful it would be to have your input here…
Thank you for all the hard work that you do and keeping silly buggers like me safe.

Thanks for joining the party, Mooch!

Your reputation precedes you.

Welcome to BLF, Mooch!

I recognize your username, too.

At first I thought, “What’s with the introduction from a long-time member?” :partying_face:

+1 to all of the above. Welcome! :beer:

Welcome, Mooch!

Come in and put your feet under our table.

Welcome to BLF.
Watch out, you may like flashlights too! :open_mouth:

Welcome! Or better yet, “Howdy, neighbor — wanna go for a ride?” :smiley: I have seen a couple of your battery reviews and they’re terrific. I just assumed you were already here. The flashlight community is overlooked by the masses… because “muggles” don’t believe there’s really anything to talk about. A light is either on or off, bright or dim, needs fresh batteries or not. And why really need a flashlight when you’ve already got a smartphone app for that. :wink: Ah… they don’t know what they’re missing. There’s so much more to hand-held illumination, as you’ve come to discover. Since you’re an electrical engineer designing power supplies, chargers, etc., I could see you getting into flashlight modding and designing.

Btw, if you don’t already know about it, check out some of the BLF projects going. Particularly the LT1 (lantern). There’s a group-buy list and it’s not far from being release ready.