Help deciding: Convoy/Xintd x3 vs Yezl Y3 vs Tangsfire HD2010 stock

Yes I understand now that the Y3 does take 18650. Thanks. However, a lot of people have said that there is too much inconsistency with the 2010. Are all 8 from the same store? Are there performance differences between them? . The X3 and Y3 look to both be excellent lights. At this stage I’m thinking I’m gonna buy a light between $50-$100. Im looking at the Maxtoch 2X and the Tn31. Im not planning on doing any modding at this stage. But perhaps in the future I might get a Y3 as a host.

Seven came from Tmart and one from Lighscastle. All bought one at a time, usually when they were on sale and once during a group buy. Even the one that doesn’t have the East 92 driver has a very strong driver, not sure of the amps. The one with the unfocused led has bad rings in the beam buy that’s the only one I didn’t like. Led positioning is something fairly easy to correct. HD2010’s throw like crazy for the money but they are a little big for sticking in a coat pocket. You can get rid of the next mode memory by using the pencil trick. X3 is smaller and has a nice driver and stainless bezel which is nice but it won’t take protected batteries if that matters to you. Y3 would be my last choice because of the weak driver. Modders say it throws better than an HD2010 once modded but not stock. 2X(on sale at Wallbuys for $50) and TN31(around $100) are also nice. Can see you have done your homework and all the lights you are looking at are really good lights at their price point. If size doesn’t matter get the TN31, it will out throw them all. You really can’t go wrong with any of these lights except the Y3 because of the weak stock driver.

Not to worried about unprotected batteries so the X3 on ur advice would be really nice. Where did you see the 2X at wallbuys for $50? only one i can see is the 2s. which is also really cheap for $50. Wish I could see some comparisons between the SN6X-2X and the Thrunite TN31. Can anyone help me out?

HD2010 driver is hit and miss, not all got an East92. IIRC, even the fabled East 92 is not consistent… there is a version that lacks the charms of the original (sketchy memory on this one).

Just look at the OL group buy. 3 versions, and half dozen sub versions. Also IIRC, Tmart.

That was the 2S at Wallbuys. Don’t know about that one. You will have to take my word, the TN31 will out throw the 2X. Have both but not the time for beam shots. On the HD2010, that is my experience, probably my favorite bang for the buck light.

While you’re deciding where to spend your dosh, get one of these.
It’s a great deal - Convoy C8 AK47 7135*8 = $20 shipped.
If I didn’t already have half a dozen C8s I’d get one.

Are you still deciding ?

I have them all, the X3 is nice, buy I find myself reaching for a C8 for most things.
My HD2010s are all modded, it was a good learner platform.

The Y3 has the best throw by far. (pun intended)
And with a spacer tube sleeve it will happily run on 18650s. (you know you can get them from laptop batteries ?)
It’s a cool white XML2 T6 with a yellowish penumbra.

I have better throwers (TN31, BTU shocker), but the Y3 is the best I’ve tried in a small torch.

The UF1405 GB deal may be better than all these.

I checked out the link but its 29 pages and i can’t find the C8 for $20 deal.

Thanks for the recommendation. Still i think deciding between the Maxtoch SN6x-2x and the thrunite tn31. What do u think of ur tn31? is it heavy and bulky for everyday use? I do like the C8 and I’m sure ill get one at some point. Do you have any beam shots of the tn31?

Also I do know you can get 18650 from laptops. I have called up pc stores around here seeing if they have any old dead ones lying around. Asked recycle places if i can take old batteries and they all said no. Any suggestions where to source old laptop batteries?

$20 is high for the Convoy C8. The deal is $12.99 shipped here:

awesome thanks

I guess I should say it is $12.99 for US, but it may be different for AUS

it always is, it always is :frowning:

Yeah, sorry, the link should have gone directly to the post.
That’s the deal that pilotdog linked above - $19.99 AUD = $12.99 USD

The TN31 is way too big for everyday use for me. There are some beamshots here somewhere.
Just don’t test one within 500 metres of horses. :cowboy_hat_face:

Try Batteryworld - they place battery recycle bins in places like council chambers.

In case you don’t have enough suggestions, the Olight M2X is on sale at banggood with a coupon (*, <- =model name). From the reviews it looks like a great light in stock form

it does seem a bit big. its for camping 3 or 4 times a year so guess this not big a deal. Wish i could see comparisons to the 2X.
Thanks for the suggestion about battery world. You think it’ll be ok to look in the bins at my local town hall?

Hey thanks for that not sure about the M2X

I have Simons convoy x3 with the ld25 driver. My understanding is that the ld25 is a linear driver (direct drive). It’s superior to the usual 7135 based drivers. No pulse width modulation.

I can attest to this. The light is dead silent in all modes.

Simon said his latest version has more throw than the original xintd 7135 based light. Probably a deeper reflector?

Here’s my take on the light. First off, it’s really nice looking! Stainless steel bezel is a nice touch. The build quality and materials are outstanding.

It throws like a mofo and definitely seems like a legit 1000+ lumen beast. I freaked the shit out of a possum two yards over :wink:

Now for the question of how much i use it? Answer, not much.

Why? Because I’m not much of an outdoorsman and I don’t need it for work. And if you don’t fall into the above categories, it’s a big, heavy light (with batteries).

Actually, it’s not that big. About the size of those old plastic red rayovac c cell lights from back in the day. But still, it’s no edc.

I don’t have a lot of lights. I keep it simple. I have an itp a3 eos keychain light with an efest imr 10440, the x3 with a king Kong 20650 and the light I do use the shit out of… My little convoy s2+ 18350 mini light.

7135*5 driver, t6-3b tint, efest imr 18350. Love that little bastard!

My x3 is u2-1a. For a thrower, I like cool white. But for edc, the t6-3b is my “Goldilocks tint”. I tried the t6-4c. Too warm for me. Gave it to a friend.

Okay, I’ve rambled on enough :wink:

Robby

yelz y3 about 25$