help in how to overdrive XM-L2 to 6A

XM-L2 for sure won't be fried at 5.1A with sinkpad and a decent heatsink mass. As for XP-G2 I do not know there's a chance considering the max rated current by CREE is 1.5A, ambient temperature will make a big difference for that.

The last driver gamezawy linked to says 4 amps. The one Moderator007 received was labeled TR-0142B and delivered 4.5 amps unmodded.

Yep, the description is wrong at fasttech. It says TR-0142B plainly on the board. The driver gave .5 amps more than what is advertised, that doesn’t happen in china :zipper_mouth_face:. If it will fit the application the driver is pretty versatile in being able to dial in the current for which ever led you choose. You can also purchase the 10 ohm pots from fasttech and do the ImA4Wheelr and RaceR86 pot mod.

thanks every one for helping :smiley:

well it seems you all recommending using this one TR-0124B modded by the 10 ohm pots

i saw ImA4Wheelr thread nice light you got there but i cant see where to put this 10 ohm pot in the driver can you explain more with pics

this pot has three legs well can you please mark on the driver pic where to solder those legs

please allow me to use your pic

The trimpot connects to the other side of the board. The red and black wire what connects it to the other side. I don't have time to mark at the moment. Here is a post where I tried to answer the same question for someone else.

On the trimpot side, I wired it the same RaceR86 did here.