Help me choose between these two tints for camping flashlight

Oh, and my vote is for the T4-5B and the M1 is an awesome host for what you want. ;)

80CRI XM-L2? I whish I had never clicked on that thread. Now I need all my remaining self control to wait with my order until next month.

so the t4-5b1 is 80 cri

and the t5-5b1 is 75cri?

If we are talking about the ones from FT and intl-outdoor, yes.

CRI are listed on all XM-L2s in the LED database (See my signature).

It's 80 Minimum and 75 Typical, it's not just 80 vs 75.

Welcome to the forum, 80+ is available for some time now.

Let me rephrase that then. The color tone of 4000-4500K Cree emitters with less than 80 CRI tend to give everything a slight yellow tint. The color tone of 4500-5000K Cree emitters with less than 80 CRI tend to give everything a slight green tint. At least that has been my experience. They don’t seem to have enough pink.

That goes for A and D tints also, not just B and C.

Oops, I’ve been out of the loop lately. Is the xml or the xml2 the way to go for a single cell light? Runtime is more important than max output.

also, how do we know that the t5-5b1 is only 75 cri typical? Is this off of a cree data sheet?

only one I’ve tried it t6 3c, and I can say that DEDOMED it is an absolutely lovely tint for outdoors

not too shabby with a dome either

so…i’m getting the T4 is perfect, since I doubt you’d like to dedome a camping light

I don’t know the first question, sorry.

For second question, I think if the T5 5B1 from fasttech was 80+ CRI they would mention that somewhere in their listing.
Since they haven’t then we have to assume it’s the normal neutral and according to Cree datasheet it’s 75CRI typ.

:beer: us wiganers aren’t known as pie eaters for nothing :bigsmile:

If you have the time to follow the offers of all those Chinese sellers and all the threads here in the forum closely I envy you, I really don’t. :expressionless:
Higher CRI emitters >.5W are not in the focus of my interest, especially not from Cree. Could have ordered them from a distributor but intl-outdoors is a lot less hassle, thus more ensnaring.

Please don’t encourage him!To the OP…I really like my Convoy M1, much more than my P60 hosts(solarforce).The best I have found for me is the XML2 T6 3C, so far.

transposon. The M1 is a real nice light and feels more comfortable on the waist in a holster than a C8. WRT tint, warmer tints are better for outdoors. I’d go with one of the T4 tints. I’ve in fact bought a 5D1 from Hank and might put it in a bike light that I use on trail. It’ll be here in about 7 weeks. ;/

Thanks for all of the responses guys. The t4 5B1 will be the warmest led i have ever owned. I hope i end up liking it.

Please share what you think of it when you get it. :slight_smile:

XM-L2 is the way to go. About 20% more efficient.

Yes, we know it because of the datasheet.

(More pictures here)

There are several places who sell various 5B tints, intl-outdoor seems to be the only place who have a T4 and in 80 CRI Minimum version at the moment.

I can not say that what you have seen is not a true.

According to my eyes and the ansiwhite picture NW 80+CRI B/C tint will be more yellow than NW 75CRI A/D tint. A/D tints I perceive as more pink/rosy/red. From trustworthy vendors I find the tint to match the ansiwhite picture very well.

Can you come with one or several specific examples of what you say. Precisely which emitters, and where they are bought from?

It has been consistently on the first page in various threads for some time, that's why I said that, even non-Chinese sellers have HighCRI offerings.

So My m1 host arrived today. Still no led though.

I have to say this is one nice host. It is more substantial (and heavy, not great for back packing) than I had anticipated. It is definitely the highest quality light body I own so far. This will be accompanying my fenix mc11 (that I got at the wall buys sale) on my next hiking trip. I will post pics of the finished set up when its all assembled.

Thanks again for the recommendations guys, I am very pleased so far!

I finished my Build tonight. I am shocked how much better this tint is than my cool white lights. Colors really pop out at you and things look more more 3 dimensional. And its just warmer and more pleasing to the eye. I have only used it inside so far, but i am really impressed.

The host is also quite nice. A good combination of flood and throw.

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

This light will likely be part of my hiking setup. I will post pics of the gear collection when its all ready.