Help me decide on a keychain (1) AAA/10440 light.

I have been reading the reviews on all the single AAA lights and now I’m confused more than ever. Not really…just would like to see if there are newer options out there.

It has to be keychain friendly. Prefer coated glass for durability. Brighter the better as I work in a prison. Tailstanding not necessary. Would like it to have at least hi/lo modes…blinkies ok. No clip…or easily removable clip without compromising water resistance. Budget around $25.00 or less.

The contenders so far are:

Tank 007-E09 $13.80/DD
Tank 007 TK-703 $10.96/DX
DQG S1 $13.80/DD
Balder TD-0 $25.99/CN Quality Goods
Lumintop Worm II $19.90/HK Equipment (Non-SS)
FandyFire XG-V5 $18.50/DX
Brynite PD03A $15.84/Kaidomain
Brynite PD05B $18.38/easylightbuy
TrustFire XP-E F23 $12.20/DX
TrustFire Z10 $17.39/FT
BlackCat HM-01 $8.12/DX
Olight i3 EOS $21.42/WB (Will this take a 10440?)
Olight i3S EOS $23.95/HKE
ThruNite Ti2 $19.00/TN (Will this take a 10440?)
UltraFire A3 $10.75/FT

I like the idea of the glass-break on the balder, but not sure how useful that would really be.

Do you recommend another make? What about other options? What say you?

Thanks!

Good list, but missing this:

http://www.thrunite-store.com/flashlights/t-series-light/ti2.html

I have the Balder on the way.

Good suggestion…I’ll add it to the top.

Will the ThruNite take a 14400 battery?

I'm not sure but it's plenty bright on nimh or Lithium. One of my favorite lights.

Olight i3s

14440? Surely 10440? I don’t think they are recommended, but I’m also pretty sure some folks have used them (briefly) without any short term ill effects.

If you do go for the Ti2, check out eBay, prices from the Thrunite eBay store are generally better - but don’t pick this one. :bigsmile:

Oops…yeah…10440…sorry.

Cheap price on that ebay listing there… :bigsmile:

I forgot to add WHY you think I should consider other recommendations…please :slight_smile:

Both the Ti and Eos are fine for 10440.

The Eos has three modes and is very high quality. The Ti has a great UI and is easier to operate one handed.

The Ti is my fav AAA but the Eos is fantastic and nicer and smaller. Both are great.

Fenix LD01 & ITPA3 (if you can find one).

I’ll throw in my vote for the TD-0. Had mine a week or so and it’s always with me. The floody beam is great for the sort of tasks small pocket lights get used for and on AAA the light is more than enough walking through dark woodland. The finish is lovely, threads lubed and well cut. I’ve got some 10440’s on order and if it jumps in brightness like my SK68 did moving to a 14500 then I can see it being a long time before I look at AAA sized lights again.

The only negative point I can make is that the split ring attachment would be better placed on the tail but I’m impressed enough with the rest of it to let that one slip.

The Brinyte is the brightest I’ve found. Like the design too!

Which driver? The ones I looked at were all ~80lm. The TD-0 with XP-G R5 is rated at 140lm on AAA and a whopping 252lm once you get some lithium stuck up it. 8)

I have been looking at these since you posted this. The ITPA3 I found on Amazon. The Fenix is on sale at WB…don’t know how I missed this…but it comes with another AAA light, the E01…a 2-fer for a little over $28! 6 of them left:

I can give the purple E01 to my wife and keep the LD01…this looks like a pretty good deal!

I carry an old LD01-CE on my key chain, and beat it to death, it has been six years and while it looks well worn, it has never glitched up on me, or needed shaking or given any hint that it is feeling it’s age.

The LD01 is one tuff mofo. Polls have been conducted and the 10440 gets the nod. I’ve run 10440 in my LD01 and LOD CE for years. No problems with 10440.

The ITP A3 comes in two versioins. One is Lo Med Hi. other is Med Lo Hi
I think they are r4 and r5 respectively. Both have been good to me so far. But others cite some weaknesses and poofs. Not so with Fenix LD01.

Pulled the trigger on the 2-fer WB deal (LD01 & EO1 combo)…and also a YEZL that comes with a 10440 battery & charger.

Maratac AAA

since your a professional go with ld01 r4 wallbuys