Help ordering Jacob A60 upgrade parts

My Jacob A60’s sat around since I bought it (2013? 2014? An Aurabuys sale). I’m new at modding; have replaced some stars & switches.

I want to add an XP-G2. The star is 16mm, yet the body opening measures 19.5mm. Is it just easiest to get a 16mm noctigon, or should I get a 20mm noctigon and try to sand down? (I’d prefer the easier route if it’s about as good.) I feel no ‘ridge’ or raised area in there that others have mentioned. The bed for the star feels totally flat.

The stock driver IIRC is about 2 amps. I believe I should go for a 3+ amp driver, as the xp-g2 should handle it? I saw discussion in n10sivern’s first mod (link below), to put a 17mm QLite in there, but it wasn’t clear if the A60 needs a 21mm or 20mm Partition Board? (sold at MtnElectronics, link also below). Is this a fairly beginner-friendly process? I’d appreciate if someone could suggest a driver (direct link appreciated), or do a reality check on what appears to be mainstream, below. I prefer multiple modes (Mtn’s Linear driver page 3rd below). I’m also open to ordering from FastTech or wherever else, preferably w/links.
n10sivern’s first mod! A Jacob A60.

Partition Boards: 20 or 21mm?

Drivers page:

Correct driver? (QLITE REV.A 7135*8 3.04A LED DRIVER-17mm)

I’d also be interested in how n10sivern or anyone else fared with this AR lens:
http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S004327

Thanks

I’ve modify couple A60, mostly with dedomed xm-l2 and east92 driver. Focusing is the biggest problem, i’ve cut the bottom of reflector and raised it slightly to focus the beam. Lens from Kaidomain is clean but it’s not AR.

I just modded one of my A60 (XP-L and old EAST-92), and posted about it here:

Jim

I would love to mod my A60 but only if its possible with little to no soldering because Im not too keen on doing the soldering part.

So, any advices with off the self parts that can be bought from Chinese stores?

Reflector, lens, LED with star, driver, switch :D?

i just did spring bypasses on one of my A60 today. I’m not that impressed by it anymore as i was a couple of years ago when i bought my first. At least when playing with it in my apartment. i have 3 of them, and might try to sell one later on, if shipping doesn’t kill the deal…

maybe i just need to mod it a bit more, de-dome stuff and improve heatsinking and adjust focus and so on…

If you modded your A60s awhile ago, you might try upgrading the mods to, XP-L. I don’t know what driver you had, but maybe a FET/DD like the NANJG-92 (NANJG + replace 7135s with a FET).

I have an older A60 that I modded awhile ago, with XP-G2 and NANJG 2.8A or 3A driver (I don’t remember which) and I recently dug out one of the A60s that I’ve been saving and put an XP-L (not even the HI/H1 version) in it with an old/original EAST-92 driver and looking at the beams side-by-side, I’m pleasantly surprised how much brighter the newly-modded one is compared to the older modded one. I’ll probably re-mod the older one with an XP-L when I get some extra ones in.

Jim

EDIT: Sorry - just some corrections…

LD-2 driver: http://www.3tronics.co.uk/#!product-page/c1hs9/c7340adb-39be-5a83-6e4e-410f3e08b2db

Star+Emitter: http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xp16-cree-xpl-high-intensity-v2-1a-p-898.html

That should do it.

Wow, thanks, will look into those :D!

What is the lens size of the jacob?