Help turn my nephew into a flashoholic.

If you’re wanting a Thrower light like that Olight—this is a much better choice

https://www.illumn.com/flashlights/thrunite/thrunite-catapult-v6-mini-thrower-rechargeable-flashlight-xhp35-hi-1700-lumens-26650-5000mah-battery-included-neutral-white.html

Looks great.I’m leaning toward thisBundle:Olight SR52UT

I have that light to—a very good light — handles heat very well — Olight LEDs have a tendency to be on the greenish side —- also the charging port cover is not very water proof

I personally hate the Micro-USB charging ports because eventually came to lose and brake.

USB-C is more durable.

I prefer to charge the batteries in a charger.

I would go with the D4SV2, an FW1A and maybe a good C8 style light. A very user friendly trio that covers flood to throw. Then he can figure out what he likes for his own style. In the D4SV2 I would go with 5000k, the FW1A would get either the 4000k SST-20 or maybe XP-L Hi 4000k (to bad 5A2 or 5A3 was not an option) and the C8 would get either something with 1A or 3A bin for tint.

If you and he are inclined… I would host out the C8 and help him build it so that he has a basic understanding of what goes into them.

This will all fit under the $100 budget. Would still need 2 18650 cells and 1 26650 cell and a basic charger.

Better get something with Anduril UI - like this Emisar. More fun and 100% success rate on turning into flashaholic :wink:

Another option is the Fireflies E07 but the Emisar has the ability to change LED colors and that's a plus for a young fella.

That’s not how I saw colors back in the day :slight_smile:

… and for an old hag like me! :smiley:

That was the first ‘real’ torch that I bought, after two cheap ones off eBay that left me seriously disappointed. I was super impressed with the throw, and it started a lasting addiction. But after reading so many of the reviews on this site, I had to try out different kinds of light, and I soon realised that a light with more flood is more useful for me when I walk my dog at night. Nowadays I also prefer warmer tints and High-CRI.

One does not create a flashaholic…you are either born one and don’t know it yet, or you have always known.

Great suggestions. Please note that I have a $100 limit :wink:

compulsive behavior is a good sign you might be one in the making :smiley:

I’ve always had problems with thrunites

How about the blue FT03 with ss bezel?

Being completely new to this hobby, and only obtaining a few flashlights so far… it’s an eyeopening experience to get just about anything recommended on these forums.

This week I received my first flashlights: 2x BLF A6, 2x Convoy C8, 1x Convoy S2

Next week I have the Emisar D4sv2 coming, and probably the following week 1x Convoy S2+ in another tint/led emitter

All of them are exponentially better than what I am used to using…. and way cheaper than the one tac light I bought a few years back.

Good luck

Thanks for the input, everyone. I decided on 2 lights, the Sofrin SP36S and the Sofrin C8T XPL HI LED. He should have some fun :slight_smile:

http://youtube.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tzrkhUzDZg/watch?v=

MF01 Mini with aux LEDs current increased to about 1mA

My girlfriend just saw the headline and quipped “There are cheaper forms of birth control”.